What's new

Skyline Park | Sky Dragster | Maurer Söhne Motorbike

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Haha, this is amazing. I bet it's impossible to ride it without smiling! Of course it's something I hope my local parks never invest in, but I'd still like to give it a go.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I guess the risk you run with self-power is a lack of "natural" feel. Pacing doesn't look encouraging based on that test run, but hopefully there won't be any jerky riding experience come opening day.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Testing video:

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFfUpTWAXD0[/youtubevid]

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I think it could be quite cool if it had a layout where you could have it fully pinned all the way round but because of the tight corners the auto braking just makes it look ****

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
That first corner was t r a g i c . It's a shock to think they would design such technology and follow it up with a such an absolutely appalling layout that does no justice to the technology they've invested millions in. Why have these stupidly sharp turns, why have this RCT-like 's-bend track alignment correction' right before the "finish line" (visible in the animation) as if they've misjudged where the station was, why do you spend most of the ride on these unnecessary slow bits with two small opportunities to go fast for a couple of seconds. It's just incomprehensible. Go out of business already.
And not them raising their hands and clapping as if this piece of crap was giving them the ride of their life.

Dave

CF Legend
Chris Brown said:
I think it could be quite cool if it had a layout where you could have it fully pinned all the way round but because of the tight corners the auto braking just makes it look ****

I've got it!

858c3b65d31b2a4666101a99eefb53cc.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
^I don't think it is. If a powered bobsled isn't a cred (like the thing at Toverland) then this certainly isn't.

How the hell is it not a cred? If a Mack powered coaster is a coaster, then this certainly is...

Lofty

CF Legend
Why couldn't you put all that in one **** reply?

It's not because it's Muarer that people are moaning, at all. It's the fact that it's a really bizarre concept with a lot of 'stop start' action, by that I don't actually mean that it's stopping and starting, I mean that the speed fluctuates so much down to the automatic brakes that it applies at several areas.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Good things:

1: It is a cool concept
2: It has a unique train and restraint system
3: It has some fab acceleration
4: YOU can control the speed
5: Although this layout may not be the best, there is obviously an option for a custom layout (like 99.9999999999999 of roller coasters)

My point is that you cant judge it until you have **** ridden it!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/BR24/videos/vb.208046455335/10154430182630336/?type=3&theater[/facebookpost]
video
"The coaster footage looks a bit slow. Lets speed it up, no one will notice"

Hutch

Strata Poster
I think actually think it looks kind of fun… well, stupid fun.

Realistically it'll probably be pretty ****, but the weirdness kind of makes it look fab. It's interesting.

The squeaking sounds awful though!

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I think the idea is fine, but the execution is terrible. It at least needs the duelling element, and then a completely different layout, some themeing... possibly indoors even. But I like the bike ride bit.