What's new

Skyline Park | Sky Dragster | Maurer Söhne Motorbike

Jared

Hyper Poster
I'd like to know how they plan to keep the trains on the track without up stop wheels...?

Dar

Hyper Poster
Imagine a triangle of wheels, with the lower 2 just fitting under the rail and the third clamping it all together on top.

Dave

CF Legend
Jared said:
I'd like to know how they plan to keep the trains on the track without up stop wheels...?

Think Steeplechase at Blackpool....

steeplechase-ride-blackpool.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like they just forgot that torsion is a thing. Not that I wouldn't trust Maurer to know what they're doing, but it sure looks weird as heck.

And what's the deal with the metal footers?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just go full-boar side friction, a la 1920s Mack.

6319-1111072017.jpg

davidm

Strata Poster
Not wrong about them throwing it up ; was there on Saturday and the only track in place was that one ground level one that the first pic was of.

Awkward location in the park (but that whole park is pretty awkward anyway) - its off past (quite a bit past) the wildcat coaster ; couldn't get near it at all, could only really see what was going on from the ferris wheel or the road outside the park.

Ben

CF Legend
^What, like, past the Wildcat?

That's such a weird place for it! Thought it was going on the huge field in the middle of the park haha.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Gotta love how they had to add in a long, winding path to go there as well. Reminds me of Thunderbird, although they had a reason to wind their path.

Ben

CF Legend
That's gross, that Wildcat was already at the end of the Earth!

But yeah Thunderbird is the worst, but at least that's an awesome ride!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
tbf looking a the map, I think it's a good place to build it - I mean I'd put it where the fewest amount of people would stumble across this travesty. The endurance testing pathway is nice touch.
Loving the primitive footer design.

13428559_1111156312256335_8585135659167668800_n.jpg

13406911_1111156255589674_1891630636978392361_n.jpg

TilenB

Strata Poster
I sort of like it... But I like basically anything that's a bit different and unique. Such a random little coaster, I really wonder how it will turn out to be.

Dar

Hyper Poster
What's the bend before the long, straight section? It can't launch into that and it'll be going too fast at the end to get round.

Is this going to be powered?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
That confused me too, I thought it was just my eyesight :p I did read that you are able to have some control of the speed. The track work isn't finished though as there is a support to on the left hand side. Have there ever been instances where something on the trains themselves control the speed and not the track as there aren't any launch/brakes mechanisms so far. Are they added later?