What's new

Skyline Park | Sky Dragster | Maurer Söhne Motorbike

_koppen

Hyper Poster
skydragster_04_rgb-tabelle.jpeg

Skyline Park have announced a new coaster for 2016!

It will be built by Maurer Söhne and it will be the "strongest" motorbike coaster in the world.

Here's a few features:

- Extreme acceleration like in Formula 1
- Maximum freedom for genuine motorcycle riding
- 100% traction all the way
- Airtime feeling in the camelbacks
- Some kind of interaction to control the speed

More info will be released in the spring.

Not really sure how it will look, but I remember this from IAAPA from MS:
404667d1454697924-2016-neuheit-weltneuheit-skyline-park-cusjdmjuaaapkhj.jpg

Source

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ That might be it. I remember reading a while ago about them getting a 'World's first' that will look like a roller coaster, but won't actually be one. Really intrigued by this, to be honest.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Here's a great video of what we can expect in terms of the concept!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKYuoJqKKZo[/youtube]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Because it's near my hometown where my brother and his family live. They know I try to fly over and visit him every year, so they get a new ride annually to keep me coming back. :wink:

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
So annoyed, I visited the park last year too, and this looks fab and pretty much unique isn't it? I suppose there's always reasons to go back now...it's just in the ARSE END OF NOWHERE :'(

TilenB

Strata Poster
Jordanovichy said:
So annoyed, I visited the park last year too, and this looks fab and pretty much unique isn't it? I suppose there's always reasons to go back now...it's just in the ARSE END OF NOWHERE :'(

It's an hour by car from Munich. Could have been worse, a lot worse (looking at you Powerland).

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Well thank **** I sat in the van last year. :lol:

But yeah, what a spiteful thing to do given that there's almost nothing worth going back there for.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
That is Maurer's "winged" design. The Motorbike coaster is seated above the tracks. Same seat design, just on top of the track.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
CoasterMac305 said:
That is Maurer's "winged" design. The Motorbike coaster is seated above the tracks. Same seat design, just on top of the track.

Did you watch the video? They are on there just not the preview picture

Lofty

CF Legend
CoasterMac305 said:
Yeah, I was in reference to the video...

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Just translated that article and it seems they are testing it for a year with one train or something? Why would that be necessary?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The park will have multiple cars and it has nothing to do with money. According to the article, they are testing it with single car operations this year before operating multiple car trains in 2017. The coaster can operate with single cars or trains and I think I would prefer a single car rather than a train for this type of coaster anyway.
I wonder what the cars look like now that they've changed the track to monorail style?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Looks like we're gearing up for a really adventurous layout.
13344729_1107360172635949_1032549455119774052_n.jpg

More of the track has been placed and it looks like photographic film from movies
13417431_1109883552383611_5006915605088981152_n.jpg

13335784_1109883555716944_4549458785227541154_n.jpg

From their facebook page.