What's new

Skyline Attractions New Thrill Ride

Lofty

CF Legend
So, Skyline attractions first came to our attention during IAAPA 2014 when they announced their 'Strike U Up' ride concept, closely followed by the announcement of their 'Crazy Couch'. Well, they now need your help to decide on the company's first thrill ride's name...

Here's the ride:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLBAYQutiLo[/youtube]

In essence, it's a longer version of a Larson Looper, but with an Immelmann/Dive Loop layout. It actually looks quite funky. Here's the options and how to get involved: http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8W8SKHH

Olaf

Mega Poster
Hmm I'd personally call it Pretzel coaster, or something like that. But well Skywarp sounds good too..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

TilenB

Strata Poster
Would it be classed as a coaster? From what I can see, the trains are connected on only one of the sides, not both...

Lofty

CF Legend
CarolinaRider said:
Would not be surprised to see this turn up at Fun Spot Orlando.
I wouldn't either. Skyline have already supplied the Strike-U-Up ride system for the park, so it's definitely not out of the question. With the park's expansion at the hands of Falcon's Treehouse (whenever that happens), I think it's safe to say that one could potentially be built with that.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
That's more of cred than some of the dubious suggestions out there.

Neat how they give a coaster experience with limited footprint.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ You could get an actual coaster in the same footprint; those Premier rocket things would be miles better than a glorified Fire Ball.

Looks turd. Sorry about it.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Oh I assumed it was much smaller than that. Oh well, as I rather like the Premier Rockets, I'd obviously much rather have that. Surely there's a large difference in price tag though?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
If you count powered coasters(which I do), then I guess you can count this, seeing it's just one long train powering itself. Does look quite funky tho.