What's new

Skyhawk, Screamin' Swing, or Rush

Which of these is better, Skyhawk, Screamin' Swing, or Rush?

• Skyhawk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Screamin' Swing

• Rush

• Total voters

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Wait... isn't this sorta pointless?

Rush is smaller then Screamin Swing (I can only assume you mean Valleryfair) which is smaller then Skyhawk.

They're the same otherwise. I mean, what would be different?

Obviously Skyhawk is taller, faster, and therfore would give more airtime.

Skyhawk for the same reason as everyone else. It's the biggest of the 3 and I think it's also the most visually appealing.

I can't wait to ride it!

Ben

CF Legend
Uh, Rush.

Skyhawk's bigger, faster and I bet, bigger! Unless it only does one swing? I haven't seen a video. If it does, then the Valley one. If that only does one swing, go back to Skyhawk.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, yeah Skyhawk for myself as well, as it provides some seriously air time at a crazy height, though it would be better if it was a tid bit longer, but it still makes up for it in speed and height, which is truely its aim.

A

Anonymous

Im saying Rush because just because something is bigger doesnt always nessaceraley mean it is better

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
3 votes went to Rush and none to Screamin' Swing :lol:

Although the poll is weird the result is even more weird.

I used to like this ride and it was a week ago. It only proves how bad enthusiast I am :p.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Screamin' Swing - No. Imagon it's awful capacity. And i have an incling that those small arms won't feel as forceful as the tonk ones. Even if it's just illusion.

SkyHawk. By a trillion miles. In these terms, bigger and faster DOES mean better. Because other than that, SkyHawk and Rush are identicle. The only possible thing that could even possibly make Rush better is the idea that a longer swing may thus not seem as forceful - because it's not as instant. But SkyHawk is faster, right? Also, the advange i feel screaming swing rides have over other swingers, such as pirate ships, is the length of the swing and thus they avoid that sickly feeling created by short repetative movements (hense why smaller swinging ships are the most sickly if you suffer from such motion sickness). I've always thought that Rush's real appeal is the FORCE and the isolation. At the speed and height SkyHawk takes you too, it's easilly the best flat in the world by my logic. :) Rush is currently my favourite flat and last year made it as my favourite ride at Thorpe.

...What is SkyHawk's cycle like?

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Yeah, I agree. That ride's capacity is terrible. I presume Screamin' Swing is the prototype, isn't it?

I do like this kind of thrill but the only really bad thing is that the cycle is terribly short. Yet the queue lines are about the same length as for a good coaster. Although Drop Towers are even quicker in terms of duration they have short lines at least.

SkyHawk is not only the T & F. SkyHawk also has the best name.

Snoo

The Legend
I prefer the swing in my backyard. I almost got vertical on that puppy and it didn't cost me 6 mil!! :lol:

But, in reality, this poll doesn't make sense. When it comes to swings, the bigger means better, plain and simple. Compare the air you get in your backyard going 12ft + 10mph compared to 125ft + 60mph.

BUT ~ SkyHawk wins out :)

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
This poll makes perfect sense if you look at who it's started by.

I'm just waiting for the "What's the best park in the world who's name starts with a 'Cedar' and ends with a 'Point'?" poll.

These fanboy topics need to stop.

Very funny UC. You know not everyone is "perfect" like you seem to think you are, but if you want to delete this post you can. Oh wait you can't because you are not a "Team Member", so stop acting like you are and if you don't like the polls and topics I put up then just stay out of them! :evil:

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Well before this turns into a flame war (which it almost certinaly will), I'm gonna lock the topic. I'm sure we can all agree that there's not much room for discussion here. CPFreak- if you think it should stay unlocked and that actual discussion and divergence of opinions can be widely possible, PM me.

Edit- Unlocked by request.

Keep any arguments to PM.

kir

Hyper Poster
I find it amusing now that Rush still plays the "Size Matters!" over and over in the queue line, and it's tiny compared to Skyhawk! :lol:

It makes sense that Skyhawk is the best Screamin' Swing in the world.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
^

I can't believe Colossos is still "the world's tallest wooden coaster". :lol:

Skyhawk is much bigger and its only been a year and now we have a new record. Amazing how the parks pick the ideas so quick.

I can't believe I gave Rush a 10. Well, every coaster trip changes my coaster preference and there's always something new to discover, yet thrilling. I overrated Rush and underrated Thorpe's drop tower. I used to like Rush but now I have a feeling that there will be more rides about the size of Skyhawk if not bigger.

A

Anonymous

StealthFan said:
Im saying Rush because just because something is bigger doesnt always nessaceraley mean it is better

And I?m saying ur a fanboy who can not accept that there is a better version of ur beloved rush out there. Accept it, bigger is better when it comes to swings. No doubt about it. Gotta love those fanboys.