What's new

Six Flags St. Louis | "Boomerang" | Boomerang

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Just looked on SFStL's Facebook and was excited to learn about any new developments for next year's ride...until I read this: What has an elbow, but can leave your side?

I don't know what you guys think, but it certainly sounds like a Boomerang to me. Stay tuned for more updates.

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: Six Flags St. Louis New Coaster 2013

It's likely they'll be getting Flashback (Boomerang) from SFoT.

As for their riddle it's Macaroni.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Good solution, but it sounds like the riddle implies being at one's side at one time.

And I don't care for Ninja too much, so I really don't want Flashback. Can SF please give us Bizzaro or something besides a Boomerang?

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

Definitely. Hopefully they rename and heavily theme the ride to make it more interesting. I am guessing they may also order new trains from Vekoma.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

VascoXTRC said:
I am guessing they may also order new trains from Vekoma.

Sic flags buying something from Vekoma??? No way!

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Well, the Boomerang has been confirmed. Sorry you couldn't get Bizarro. Maybe Six Flags will deliver CEDARPOINT6 some good news and ship it off to SFOG.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

They should spice up Flashback. Maybe enclose it. Give it a Time Machine or Space theme. Something like Flight of Fear would be cool.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

bmac said:
You're asking too much of them...

I know, asking for an updated train is too much for six flags. If this was Cedar Fair it would definitely have an updated train. I guess SFSL junkies will have to brace themselves on them good ol' arrow trains with those ugly stride ads on them.

:mrgreen:

bmac

Giga Poster

You're also giving cedar fair too much credit. Anyways it will be likely that the trains will be delayed just like apocalypse and goliath, due to time constraints. Any hope of themeing should be dashed right now, it's not gonna happen.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

VascoXTRC said:
They should spice up Flashback. Maybe enclose it. Give it a Time Machine or Space theme. Something like Flight of Fear would be cool.
A boomerang is a boomerang........regardless of indoors/outdoors, paint scheme, name, theming, etc, they all hurt the same. Trust me, I've been on 8 boomerangs in 8 different states, and they all hurt equally.
Bmac is right, don't have high expectations, because I guarentee you they will not be met.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^That's really not all that true. Obviously, I'm not saying you're lying about your experiences, but, like SLCs, I honestly think there can be quite a big difference between them. That's especially true when you look at the newer restraints you can get with them now; the lapbars on the one at Wiener Prater make such a huge difference and turned a "simple" Bommerang into something really fun.

Does this make me want to rush back to SFSL though? Clearly not. Even though it's a great park and I had a great time in St Louis itself, a boomerang, in whatever form, is a less than inspired addition.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

There really is no reason to go to St. Louis except to get creds and ride Mr. Freeze and American Thunder. Everything else is a clone, too painful, or too boring.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Even though the inverted Batman clones are arguably the best inverted designs yet and are constantly rated highly due to their intensity and excitement level. :roll:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

gopats1479 said:
There really is no reason to go to St. Louis except to get creds and ride Mr. Freeze and American Thunder. Everything else is a clone, too painful, or too boring.
I have to disagree. When we were there for the Live we also really liked SUPERMAN Tower Of Power & Scooby-Doo: Mystery of the Scary Swamp. Although slightly painful, I really like the Boss & there's certainly no other woodie like it to be found anywhere else. We all also thought the park was one of the nicest/prettiest Six Flags parks we've ever been to.

Intricks

Strata Poster

gopats1479 said:

And the possibility of being able to ride batman backwards (if the rumor was true)

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

^ Backwards Batman would be absolutely insane.
As for Gavin, I'm glad you like some of the Boomerangs. I would like to go on some of the ones you've been on because maybe they're really nice. I can only speak, however, for my experiences, and all 8 of them were bad. Although, I'm glad you have been on some nice ones and I think I might even enjoy them.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Intricks said:
And the possibility of being able to ride batman backwards (if the rumor was true)

YES!!!!!!!! Just doing that would be better than any Boomerang, IMO.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

bizarrofan10 said:
VascoXTRC said:
A boomerang is a boomerang........regardless of indoors/outdoors, paint scheme, name, theming, etc, they all hurt the same. Trust me, I've been on 8 boomerangs in 8 different states, and they all hurt equally.
Bmac is right, don't have high expectations, because I guarentee you they will not be met.

What is this a school yard? There is nothing to be right about. I just thought it would be cool. I have been on enough boomerangs myself. You don't have to be all high and mighty and neither does Bmac.

bmac

Giga Poster

I wasn't being high and mighty but I guess we all have our conclusions...