What's new

Six Flags Over Texas Bought By Hershand Family Entertainment?

I know the only evidence of this is an Instagram story post that I just came across, but apparently, news recently shows that there are current talks for Hershand Family Entertainment to buy Six Flags Over Texas (with the possible mention of St Louis and Over Texas) by 2021 (for Over Texas anniversary).

Is this true? Has anyone else heard anymore from this?

Edward M

Strata Poster
tenor.gif

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
It'd be very interesting to see how Herschend Family Entertainment can turn around the original Six Flags park for sure! However, I'm pretty skeptical that this is even happening. The last time Six Flags sold off some of their parks was... oh, dear, it was during the 2007 Recession.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Someone mentioned that the offering price was $5 billion. Hell no. It's not happening - not for that price.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
giphy.gif

Really throwing out the gifs today I guess. I don't think it'll happen, but I'd love for it to. Controversial opinion here, Herschend tends to run their parks better than Six Flags.
Controversial to who? Herschend is ****ing amazing.

Not like they could do much with the park in it's current location, pretty much packed in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's time for @tomahawk, @Snoo, and me to start making up wild rumors since people will apparently believe anything. What shall it be? Silverwood is building a Vekoma Top Gun? Cedar Fair is buying Magic Springs? Gold Reef City is building a Polercoaster?

Matt N

CF Legend
Well, this has now made it to Screamscape:
Screamscape said:
Six Flags - (4/27/19) I’m looking into the rumor for the moment, but an interesting story dropped into my ear the other night claiming that some very early talks may have been happening at the Six Flags corporate office to possibly sell off up to three parks from the chain to another theme park operator. So far only Six Flags over Texas has been mentioned by name, but I’m digging hard for more information and expect to have an update on this soon. Stay tuned!
Lance is usually right with his rumours and he wouldn't post something unless he had solid proof, so we might have to keep our eyes peeled!

I must say, if Six Flags are selling parks, SFOT is an interesting choice; it was the one that started it all for them! Also, I thought Six Flags was trying to acquire more parks, not sell them?

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, this has now made it to Screamscape:

Lance is usually right with his rumours and he wouldn't post something unless he had solid proof, so we might have to keep our eyes peeled!

I must say, if Six Flags are selling parks, SFOT is an interesting choice; it was the one that started it all for them! Also, I thought Six Flags was trying to acquire more parks, not sell them?
I'm sure we've covered this loads in the past, but, SCREAMSCAPE GETS IT WRONG A LOT, TOO. This whole 'is usually right' is quite incorrect - at the end of the day, he's a news and rumours website, he's bound to get some of it wrong. Take everything with a pinch of salt.