What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia | Hurricane Harbor | Water Park

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Construction of the new Hurricane Harbor water park at Six Flags Over Georgia is underway. It will be opening this Spring and entry is included with your park ticket/season pass.

hurrican-harbor-flat__no-logos_.jpg

Here is an announcement/construction video from the park:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vUfxhz6Slw[/youtube]

Here are the attractions:

7881_10151827272670239_223764078_n.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I thought construction would be further along since the water park is supposed to open in two months.

9ygygury.jpg

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk (& it's not the Droid you're looking for).

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Is there any news if it's still on track or if it's delayed? Two months seems somewhat of a rush to get that park finished.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Still on track. The park was making announcements both days I was there (yesterday & today) about it opening in May to get people to upgrade the season pass to the two park pass. So I guess it will cost extra instead of being included in regular admission, like most other Six Flags parks.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
I'm not sure where I read it, but I think the Hurricane Harbor in Chicago would also get an additional fee this year. Seems it would be better to just raise the whole entry price a few dollars, instead of having people pay extra for the water park IMO.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
ECG said:
Still on track. The park was making announcements both days I was there (yesterday & today) about it opening in May to get people to upgrade the season pass to the two park pass.
Was it for the SFOG HH upgrade? I know last year they offered an upgrade for White Water over in Marietta for free for people who got their SFOG season passes by a certain date.

Posted on SFOG's website
There is always something new at Six Flags Over Georgia. For 2014, we're introducing Hurricane Harbor water park, free with your Six Flags Over Georgia admission. Our popular Membership and Season Dining Pass programs are returning too!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
My mistake for assuming as I wasn't aware of White Water being the second park they were charging extra for. :oops:
However, they did make the announcements for HH opening in May.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The park has announced that Hurricane Harbor will open on May 23rd.

10277671_10152359878675239_4353493450858474028_n.jpg