What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia 2021

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
My guess is either a waterpark expansion or an Aquaman: Power Wave clone. Their waterpark is TINY, and even a moderately sized addition would seem huge (consider that water slides are super cheap investments and low maintenance - a perfect COVID spend). Also consider that they recently removed their splash boat, and with Atlanta being located in such a hot climate, a Power Splash would be a popular ride.

My guess is either a waterpark expansion or an Aquaman: Power Wave clone. Their waterpark is TINY, and even a moderately sized addition would seem huge (consider that water slides are super cheap investments and low maintenance - a perfect COVID spend). Also consider that they recently removed their splash boat, and with Atlanta being located in such a hot climate, a Power Splash would be a popular ride.
Definitely agree with the Powersplash possibility and if it does replace Splashwater Falls, then some kind of wave theme and name, like Tidal Wave, is definitely a possibility as well.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Those Power Splashes are not cheap. I don't know if SF is willing to spend so much money on a single park. After all, Over Texas got theirs because it'd already been bought for another park...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Those Power Splashes are not cheap. I don't know if SF is willing to spend so much money on a single park. After all, Over Texas got theirs because it'd already been bought for another park...

Again, this is not true:

Yes the power splash is already built at Bollywood. The Freespin is due up soon if its not up already.

There's a number of other coasters on site including a Mack mega, Maurer spinner and an Intamin of some kind. But not sure if those are going up yet. DPR did say they were holding back some rides for future expansion.

God knows where the SFOT rumour came from. Someone clearly just made it up and ran with it. Was never even remotely true.

The Six Flags Dubai powersplash and the Six Flags Over Texas powersplash are two separate rides.

Furthermore, we all need to understand that the days of parks buying new coasters for well under $10m - something that was considered cheap fifteen years ago - are gone. Mid-size wooden coasters, like Prowler, used to cost less than $5m and are now costing more than double that (Mystic Timbers cost $15m). Midsize B&M loopers used to cost between $10-15m and easily cost over $20m today. Nobody seems to have a straight answer for how much raptors and free spins cost (both of which are relatively small models), but the general consensus seems to be around $5-7m. Finally, the accepted but unconfirmed average cost of many of the RMC conversions that Six Flags has purchased seem to cost around $10m as well. Pulsar's 8.5m Euro price tag converts to around $10m, which falls right in line with what Six Flags has been spending on their major additions as of late. If powersplashes are really still considered expensive, then there isn't a relatively cheap ride out there and Six Flags shouldn't even be buying roller coasters at all.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The title "Six Flags Over Georgia 2020/2021 Coaster" struck me as a little inaccurate. We don't know if it will be a coaster, and while I haven't heard anything confirmed, my gut feeling says it probably won't open for 2020. So I've modified the thread title a little.