What's new

Six Flags New England Summer 2015

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Last week, I was in Boston for vacation before I head off to RISD for the summer and before I departed for Rhode Island, I drove my ass up to SFNE. It wasn't as full as I imagined but still took me a while to complete the park.

Apart from being bombarded with advertisements just after stepping out of the car, it has a decent entrance, I guess...
F9BszbD.jpg

umYGuUp.jpg

First up was this piece of ****.
SyMkG4A.jpg

cVzLZec.jpg

The Premier Trains are awful and uncomfortable and the ride is rough. Probably the most painful coaster I've been on next to Batwing.

Next up: Pandemonium
l6fkmWU.jpg

Not a bad spinner but isn't as forceful as Pandemonium from SFDK/The Joker from SFM and had me a bit disappointed. However the paint job is not bad neither was the landscaping which was well maintained for a Six Flags.

I encountered Bert from Travel Channel doing a bit on Wicked Cyclone and yes, I did circle the area for a chance to be interviewed.
No luck.
CIciGqqWwAA8k42.jpg

Next Up, My first RMC, Wicked Cyclone
3MuXicV.jpg

qIJG0FS.jpg

From my wrist mounted camera after the first overbank
iIsg0ek.jpg

After the first roll
ScqvTbz.jpg

Basically if I had to think of the perfect coaster for me, this would be it. Hopefully other RMCs will top my list soon. The hang time was glorious.
gMWtxx7.jpg

Anyhow, moving on to Thunderbolt
RV5WoAA.jpg

Meh...

Next, I stopped for a ride on Scream. I'm not too fond when it comes to drop towers, however, I really enjoyed this one. I try to force myself on them to try to get over them. I really enjoyed this one because it was the first S&S I've ridden and the launch sensation was great.
oX3X1Ur.jpg

Now for the wild mouse, Gotham City Gauntlet.
1Sxw622.jpg

Ugh.

Next, another coaster I've been eager to ride, Bizarro
zYY3hqd.jpg

a39KK9h.jpg

TClUpIf.jpg

5TdAUFm.jpg

F3ze4t8.jpg

My new #2
N76qcyK.png

Mind Eraser, Nothing much to say
woW5R2E.jpg

IbDpPoW.jpg

Next up Batman
a4TzPLP.jpg

Fun little B&M
Gf9IPW6.jpg

And so ends the day.

The park has a decent selection of coasters apart from Bizarro and Wicked Cyclone which were probably the only coasters that topped my list as well as Batman. The park however is probably the worst at service I have ever visited. The staff were rude and has more advertisements than any other Six Flags I've visited. Not worth the re-visit until new a coaster pops up there.

Thanks for reading!

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I feel the same with SFNE. I live a couple hours away so I always end up getting stuck going with friends. If I go all I do are whore Bizarro and Wicked Cyclone. My friend brought me there with his girlfriend and her friends and I was like you know I am just going to keep whoring Wicked Cyclone and that's what I did.

Glad you loved Bizarro and Wicked Cyclone super great coasters. Bert is super cool, never met him just always found him entertaining and its a bonus he likes coasters. He has some stuff on YouTube from when he had his TV show from Cedar Point and Lake Compounce. Nice report always love reading peoples thoughts from parks I have been to a lot.

Also are you going to RISD or is it just for the summer? I only live like 40 minutes from Providence.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Chris Coasters said:
Sweet my friends girlfriend did a summer program there. She loved it but it stressed her out.
Awesome! I can see why she was stressed. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Did you get those onride shots with a GoPro? And do you know what Bert was there filming for? I know that Bert the Conqueror was cancelled so I wonder what it could be.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Batfastard14 said:
Did you get those onride shots with a GoPro? And do you know what Bert was there filming for? I know that Bert the Conqueror was cancelled so I wonder what it could be.
Yes and I'm not really sure what he was filming. I know its a on Wicked Cyclone because they had the camera rig on the train I rode and he was asking questions about the coaster.