What's new

Six Flags New England |"Goliath"| Vekoma Giant Inverted Boom

marc

CF Legend
Re: SFMM losing coaster, SFNE gaining said coaster

I am actually upset by the move as I did not get on the coaster last time I went to Magic Mountain and now it looks like I wont get on it at all :(

I hope they build something good there and not another low capacity ride.

People keep banging on about Magic Mountain needed flat rides but I just do not see why, there would never be enough time to do all the coasters and rides in a day if they done that. Plus for me anyway I go to parks mainly for the coasters :)

Naemuti

Mega Poster

marc said:
I am actually upset by the move as I did not get on the coaster last time I went to Magic Mountain and now it looks like I wont get on it at all :(

People keep banging on about Magic Mountain needed flat rides but I just do not see why, there would never be enough time to do all the coasters and rides in a day if they done that. Plus for me anyway I go to parks mainly for the coasters :)

It took me two days to do Cedar Point, and I don't hear anyone moaning about that park having too many rides.

marc

CF Legend

^I cannot beleive the amount of stick Magic Mountain gets tbh.

Naemuti

Mega Poster

marc said:
^I cannot beleive the amount of stick Magic Mountain gets tbh.

Well it's cool if flat rides aren't your thing (assuming that is what you are talking about by "stick", the complaints about flats), but every time I go to Great Adventure I always get really disappointed there isn't a screaming swing or a frisbee or hell even a good water ride to go on. Not that I'm complaining about the roller coasters at all, I just like a well rounded park with something other than coasters to do.

tl;dr opinions

Titan

Mega Poster

GAdv hasnt added a flat in 15 years. Theyve removed at least 7, maybe more, in that time, and havent added a thing. Flats are good because all the coasters in that park have such long lines itd be nice for flats to spread the load. I also just want to get on some different rides.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

marc said:

My deal is for 6 years I was there 5-6 times a summer and while I am there 100% to ride the coasters, people I went with wanted to not ride coasters the entire time, but there was nothing else to offer. A rapids ride that has 2+ hour queue all the time, a swinging ship, bumper cars with 5 cars, a tilt o whirl that never runs and a scrambler. Really, those are all the flats they have. If they were to install flats, they could actually bring in more families, as well as make it a destination park rather than a 1 day park, and could differ themselves from KBF in that regard and try to become more disney-esque in a sense that if you wanna do everything, you need two days. Plus if they were smart, they could throw the water park into same admission like SFGAm and well, then it really become a multi day visit. I know a few years ago they were talking of putting a downtown district out front, and if all that happened, it would be a destination not just another 1 day park.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

The suspicious thing about SFMM giving away the GIB is that their whole entire website is full of advertising for them breaking the world record of most coasters in one park. If they ship off the GIB, they would probably put a coaster (something compact, or crap even) just to hold onto the record that they clearly care about.

marc

CF Legend
SFMM losing coaster, SFNE gaining said coaster

They moved away though from the family park, they tried with Thomas land it failed.

Yes a few flat rides would add to the park but it's always been known for coasters so they would really need to advertise hard.

Titan

Mega Poster

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/the ... vrit=70653

Deja Vu will replace the Shipwreck Falls shoot the chutes water ride at Six Flags New England. The park has no plans to remove Flashback.

Theres no logic to this decision! No MAJOR park should have any boomerangs, much less 2! That park already has long lines, I can only imagine what it will be like to have 2 low capacity shuttles.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^ That's exactly what I was thinking. Why two boomerangs? I mean, to be fair though a giant inverted boomerang is 50x better than a normal boomerang.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

^At this point, I would say SF wants the stupid title of "Most boomerang coasters in one park"... cheap record? Yes, but they can still claim something no other park has.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Hahaha! Sadly, I don't doubt that. Just wait until the ad campaign: The World's First Amusement Park with 2 Boomerang Roller Coasters! Come to SFNE to experience the blandness and low rider capacity!

Naemuti

Mega Poster

And to top it off we're losing Shipwreck Falls for it. I mean, there aren't exactly a lot of water rides there, and now we're going to lose one of them. Maybe we could give SFMM Flashback and they could retain their record. :lol:

Titan

Mega Poster

For some reason six flags parks think that its a good idea to loose water rides, even though they have some of the longest lines in the park because of the heat. Again, theres no logic!

Naemuti

Mega Poster

The only water ride I would not complain about Six Flags tearing down is the awful log flume at Great Adventure. That'd be spectacular if they could replace it with something better, like an actually fun log flume.

Knowing Six Flags they'd probably just put in a kiddie coaster or something though. Or an SLC.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

marc said:
They moved away though from the family park

Yeah, I don't see much point in them trying to change their image. Sure, they have some kiddy and family coasters, but it's definitely a thrill seekers park.

Families have got Disney and Universal just down the road; you don't get many better family parks than that, so why bother competing?

Josh73

Giga Poster

No! I love Shipwrteck Falls, sure it's just a normal Shoot-the-Chutes, but it is one of the only water RIDES(not slide) there! I say screw Survivor Live, or there's a bunch of trees by Pandenmonium, stick it in one of those places! Not to mention that they already have Flashback... Excuse me while I go smack my head on the wall until I bleed.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

SFNE is my home park and I view this as a mere +1 credit and that is it.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Considering it's your home park (you poor bastard), you should be pretty excited.

Apart from Bizarro (obviously), Deja Vu is loads better than any other coaster you already have there.