What's new

Six Flags New England gets approval for a 400 ft. tall tower

bmac

Giga Poster
(7/23/12) From what I’ve heard from a local source who attended the town meeting, the Sky Screamer ride Six Flags New England pitched to the town was for a ride tower up to 400 feet tall. The town did approve it, but before it is finalized, it must go before the zoning board at a meeting on Monday.

I'm not one to believe everything that's posted on Screamscape, but I wonder exactly what will come of this announcement. SFNE is one of 4 Six Flags parks rumoured to get their own SkyScreamers for 2013, the others being SFoT, SFGAm and I believe SFoG.

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster
Re: Six Flags New England gets approval for a 400 ft. tall t

If it is in fact, a 400 foot SKyScreamer, would the type be called a strata tower?

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

That would be awesome I really hope it works out. SFNE is one of the closest parks to me and I go there frequently. It would be a another great addition to the park.

Intricks

Strata Poster

TrevorBondi305 said:
If it is in fact, a 400 foot SKyScreamer, would the type be called a strata tower?

Seeing as how drop towrrs are labelled Giant after a certain height and not Hyper, Giga or Strata...or the fact that Windseeker isnt labelled a Giga Tower, my guess is no.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Hmm... does it say anywhere if they actually plan to build a 400 ft. tower, or is it just the maximum height they're allowed to build?

For all we know, they could have applied for building permits to a tower somewhere on the premises, and got a reply noting that the absolute ceiling in that area was 400 feet, for television/mobile masts or such.

Nic

Strata Poster

Can I just clarify, SkyScreamer is Six Flags' name for a Star Flyer right?

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^It is UP TO 400ft, not that they will

^Yes

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Wow I'm so pumped if this happens. SFNE is just a half hour from my house and I go multiple times every summer.

I enjoyed SkyScreamer at SFGAdv. I mean, this news was bound to happen......every SF park is gonna get one of these things in the next couple of years. I believe 4 parks got it in 2012, maybe another 4 in 2013, and the rest in 2014????????

bmac

Giga Poster

It's not going into all the parks, I pointed out the final four that are rumored to be getting one.

By the way there's talks of Texas breaking the height record for a Star Flyer, which is about 328 feet if I did my math right.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

bmac said:
It's not going into all the parks, I pointed out the final four that are rumored to be getting one.

By the way there's talks of Texas breaking the height record for a Star Flyer, which is about 328 feet if I did my math right.

Actually it's 384 feet tall.

bmac

Giga Poster

Link is broken I know:

"The local media <http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/07/24/six-flags-proposes-foot-tall-swing-ride-would-largest-its-kind-world/8dF6LOb0xwEXqrnnJWnTDL/story.html> has confirmed that the Sky Screamer ride proposed by Six Flags would be the biggest one in the world. The ride would stand 385 feet tall and be capped off by a decorative topper that would reach a total height of 400 feet."