What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain or Great Adventure?

Six Flags Magic Mountain or Great Adventure?

• Six Flags Magic Mountain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Six Flags Great Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tony

Hyper Poster
I havnt been to either park but these are two of the parks I want to go to the most. I think I would go to Six Flags Great Adventure because of Kingda Ka and El Toro, but I really want to ride X and Tatsu looks brilliant. If you have been to both parks what one do you think is better? and if you havnt what park would you prefer to go to.

Sixth Sence

Roller Poster
Magic mountain, Oh Riddlers revenge wins magic mountain for me, from ground level it looks stunning, and I love the name color scheme and track.

Great Adventure has Eltoro, not much of a fan of King Ka, mainly because it isn't very unique lay out.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Hence my name, you'd think I'd rather go to Magic Mountain, but I'm not really sure myself.

But there's more rides at Magic Mountain that I'd love to try than there are at Great Adventure, especially Tatsu, X and Riddler's Revenge.

A

Anonymous

Great Adventure, think, they have *if i am right* The Tallest and Fastest Coaster, in the shape of Ka!

cpdude2

Mega Poster
Great adventure by miles. Not only are their coasters right up there with MM, but they're normally all running :lol: If the two parks could switch coasters, it'd be the same, just because GADV is such a better run park.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I'd rather visit Great Adventure, but I'm gong to Magic Mountain first just in case it becomes real estate. :lol:

Jer

Strata Poster
Personally heres my break down of both parks bad and good.

SFMM- I liked this park better becuase it was smaller and it wasn't as much walking, also the terrains made nice opportunitys for terrain coasters and such. The rides were excellent (Except for Viper). The people there were noticably nicer and it was much cleaner.

Leighton

Mega Poster
Theres only one coaster that I would really want too ride at SFMM, and thats Tatsu, SFGAdv has a few more things that I would want to ride, plus Its closer :p

So its Great Adventure for me.

Intamin woodies <3

spicy

Giga Poster
Great Adventure by miles!

Don't get me wrong they both look like awesome parks but Great Adventure definately. El Toro and Ka how could anyone say no!

Rich Bacon

Roller Poster
Oooh dunno.

SFMM has: Tatsu, X, Revolution (don't dis, tis an ace ride), Deja Vu and Riddlers Revenge

SFGA has: Kngda Ka, El Toro, B&A: The Chiller and Nitro

Hmmmmm, think SFMM, El Toro looks great, but think there are better woodens out there, same with Nitro, Silver Star looks better.

A

Anonymous

Back when there was a possibility that I could go to Magic Mountain, I'd have gone with MM anyday. Hell, I was pretty much an MM fanboy! :D

But now, I think its quite clear that one should choose GAdv over MM. Magic Mountain seems to be to be a place with loads and loads of 'good' rides, whereas Great Adventure seems to be more of a 'Good' and better.

Or to put it simply, none of the Mountain's coasters really jump out at me and shout "Hey! You! I make it worth the trip!" A handful of GAdv rides do, however.

Plus, if I'm going to GAdv, I'm going to SFNE as well.. If I'm going to MM, I'm going to Knotts. And, imo, SFNE > Knotts ;)

Sam

Giga Poster
I've been to Great Adventure. So **** you all.

I'd say it easily looks better than Magic Mountain.

Almost

Hyper Poster
SFMM doesn't have that stand out ride that I would travel for. X is interesting but I've heard it's rough.

GAdv has KK, Toro and Nitro. 3 of the most recognized rides in the coaster world.

Once Shapiro (hopefully) cleans it up, it'll be much better.

Great Adventure without a doubt in my mind. First of all, I would get to ride Kingda Ka and pass off a fair judgement of whether it was worse or better than Top Thrill Dragster. Secondly, I would get to go on El Toro and decide if it was better than Shivering Timbers and Millennium Force, and just get to experience it first hadn rather than hearing good stories about it. The other coasters (well, most of them) look pretty decent as well and I'd like to experience them. Oh and also I would get to go on a B:tR clone.

Magic Mountain looks good, but when I break it down into bits, it has more quantity than quality it looks like. Tatsu, Riddler's and X look like the only really decent roller coasters there. The other ones look pretty average to me, and all they would do would be raise my coaster count. Goliath looks decent, I suppose, but nothing absoloute out of this world.

So Great Adventure for me!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Great ADventure, as they truly do have the better selection of coasters, not to mention the better selection of WORKING coasters. :roll:

Almost

Hyper Poster
^Ummm have you even been to one to judge?

Or just making swooping generalizations.

SFoG is MUCH different than SFMM. So not every Six Flags park is the same.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Haven't been to either, but on paper Great Adventure flicks my switch more. Mainly due to Kingda Ka, El Toro and the big B&M, Nitro is it?