What's new

Six Flags Great America 2012

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I don't get why if this had the same/similar first drop to Swarm that it makes any difference to Swarm's own experience...

I for one, welcome our new B&M coasters, as there's LOTS!

Casio

Mega Poster
I cant beleive the Superman ride at SFDK! Its CRAZY!

Yeah...this 'new' roller coaster sounds suspiciously like Vertical Velocity, in fact, it's exactly the same thing. I'm assuming it's a rename. Unless, of course, you were joking

Gazza

Giga Poster
I'm waiting for people to start making posts wishing the Swarm had a bigger layout like this and how the UK always gets second best :lol: . Umad?
X-Flight07_300dpi_8x10.jpg

http://news.sixflags.com/2012news/files ... i_8x10.jpg

I'm loving it actually, 5 inversions....Swarm type drop, Zero G, Immelmann, Some sort of wierd mixture of a flatspin+zero G, and an inline twist....Really 'shows off' what this sort of train can do.
Plus a couple of Raptor style thematic elements you fly through.

http://news.sixflags.com/2012news/2011/08/26/x-flight/
Yeah...this 'new' roller coaster sounds suspiciously like Vertical Velocity, in fact, it's exactly the same thing. I'm assuming it's a rename. Unless, of course, you were joking
Nah its a Launched Maurer Skyloop type thing, with a bonus non inverting loop:

Superman01_300dpi_8x10.jpg

http://news.sixflags.com/2012news/2011/ ... ateflight/

I'm LOLing at the 90s style six flags theming. Random **** like a Giant superman sign on a Stick.

Heres the good oil on all of SFs additions:
http://news.sixflags.com/2012news

It really is back to the future...Liberal construction of big rides with basic theming.
At least the rides themselves are pretty solid.

Casio

Mega Poster
Oh wow now I look quite the fool, sorry about that haha. Both of the coasters look really solid though, expecially the wingrider, well done to Six Flags.

D1993

Hyper Poster
^ thats ok. Thats what I thought at first, but then I saw the photos and video and I was like :O
X-Flight is really making me happy.
So happy that I dont give a crap about the slight lack of a theme and re-usage of names. Its that awesome that I dont care. Same for the superman ride.
Sorry to all the Thorpe Park fans, but I think X-Flight is going to beat Swarm! Swarm will probably have a better feel, atmosphere and theme, but X-Flight's ride experience will be better IMO.
I cant believe SFGAm kept this so well hidden until the last minute! It was seriously only about a week ago I started this thread, and no sign of a new ride had been mentioned by the park before!
Same for SFDK!
Im really pleased with six flags this year.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
How can six flags afford a wing rider?

How can they afford that epic animation?

Have near misses become a standard of a wing rider?

...Impressed though, nice work Six Flags.

I guess the near miss elements on these must be so damn awesome if even Six Flags are incorporating them. How exciting!

Ben

CF Legend
Gazza said:
I'm waiting for people to start making posts wishing the Swarm had a bigger layout like this and how the UK always gets second best :lol: . Umad?
X-Flight07_300dpi_8x10.jpg

I'm loving it actually, 5 inversions....Swarm type drop, Zero G, Immelmann, Some sort of wierd mixture of a flatspin+zero G, and an inline twist....Really 'shows off' what this sort of train can do.
Plus a couple of Raptor style thematic elements you fly through.

That does like, the exact same amount as Swarm does...?

They're both around the same height and speed, and Swarm has the drop, huge Zero-G, that weird inclined loop thing, inline twist, weird zero-g thing... This really doesn't do MORE, it just does different...?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Joey said:
How can six flags afford a wing rider?

How can they afford that epic animation?

Did you miss that they went through bankruptcy? Basically means that they erased most of the debt load they were struggling under.

Intricks

Strata Poster
^^Yes, they are essentially the same layout, with the only difference being the immelman being switched in instead of the incline and theme. They arent an exact clone mind you, but since the GP know nothing of the other (based on where they live), then who gives a flying ****...

Switching between the hideouts'...

Martyn B

CF Legend
I dont like the look of Swarms 'thin' layout, how everything is mainly back and forth, but I think this looks great, and much more appealing to the eye than Swarm. The way its layed out is better, and looks a lot more of a full bodied coaster than Swarm.

But again I see they've stuck with the 2 brake runs, 1 high up, then a slight drop to the other. Why?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Possible running of three trains or the higher up one is to let the ride ops know to send the other train and then it proceeds to the lower of the two for the brake into the station? I honestly don't know, but I think I'm at least close to the proper reason *shrug*

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, it'll be for blocking. It's no different to Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Oblivion, Air... pretty much all B&M rides. Some just don't have a proper little section of track between the two brake-runs.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ But all 3 of these, so far, do. And on all 3, the first run is a lot higher than the second... I'm curious, thats all.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I don't suspect there's anything much in it other than just what was required.

A

Anonymous

One is the main brake run to stop the train, the other one is to have a block before the station and function as a transfer track.
As long as they don't use it in the same stupid way that they do at Gardaland where you are stuck at the main brake run until they dispatch the other train, only then will they let you go into the pre-station block/transfer track, a really stupid thing since it makes the whole circuit a good 10 seconds longer which kills capacity...