What's new

Six Flags Great Adventure get namtaB in July - page 2

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I received an email today from Six Flags Great Adventure informing that the park will be making a surprise ride announcement at 5am in the morning. No clues as to what the announcement could be, but I'll likely still be sleeping when the announcement is made so perhaps one of you European members might post it here for me. :wink:

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure to make surprise ride announce

Can't be a coaster, surely? Although, X-Flight and Goliath were 2 years apart, so.....

Ben

CF Legend

^This is Great Adventure, they're at Great America.

A real surprise will be if they get something decent, haven't done that in almost a decade #alltallshade.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster

Ten bucks says it's a new area where Rolling Thunder was.

Or no, it's one of those Premier Low Capacity The Ride thingies...where Rolling Thunder was.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Seriously, I always get mixed up like that! I did it with CW and La Ronde like 2 weeks ago,or whatever.

And yeah, bet it's one of the Premier things. If they're going for something big, maybe an RMC, or wing coaster (going from SFGAm's latest major coasters).

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I'm guessing a flat. idk What kind of flat, but I'm sticking with a flat.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Five in the morning? ECT I presume? Which means it will be even earlier for the rest of America? That's... well, it makes me question what demographic they're trying to market it to. Maybe they've had a bad experience with enthusiasts lately, so they've decided to drag them out of bed at silly o'clock in the morning for an announcement the rest of the world won't mind seeing a few hours later?

Or it could be related to something overseas. Which I guess accounts for a humongously small portion of SFGadv's market...

...this doesn't make sense to me at all...

Intricks

Strata Poster

Most say its going to be a namtaB being announced for the late summer/fall season.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Pokemaniac said:
Five in the morning? ECT I presume? Which means it will be even earlier for the rest of America? That's... well, it makes me question what demographic they're trying to market it to. Maybe they've had a bad experience with enthusiasts lately, so they've decided to drag them out of bed at silly o'clock in the morning for an announcement the rest of the world won't mind seeing a few hours later?

Or it could be related to something overseas. Which I guess accounts for a humongously small portion of SFGadv's market...

...this doesn't make sense to me at all...
That time slot is when the early morning news and talk shows begin here, so they do it at that time to get the announcement on those shows. Most media days over here start at 5am-6am for the same reason.
Intricks said:
Most say its going to be a namtaB being announced for the late summer/fall season.
Bingo! Great minds think alike because that's exactly what I thought when I got the email.

bmac

Giga Poster

Batman will be closed during CoasterCon which is going to be held June 21st-26th. Falls right in line with what Intricks said.

tribar

Mega Poster

Likely to be namtaB. Don't expect anything huge.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Hem. I mean meh.

When will this vile trend end?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Most likely when it stops being a crowd bringer to the park. Which I really dont see happening anytime soon as Six Flags is hopping the trains from park to park and barely leaving it up for a half season per park. Its a quick and easy crowd pleaser that offers a different felt ride than they have previously dealt with on all their previous visits to the park.

Just look at Swarm/mrawS and compare the longevity of that feature to something only available to a certain region for X amount of months. The short bursts at random Six Flags parks will help keep the trend alive for maybe another round through the parks, but I dont see it lasting much longer than that.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

So confirmed...
Six Flags Great Adventure, the world’s largest theme park, unveils a second thrilling roller coaster experience for 2015 as it flips one of its most innovative and adrenaline-charged coasters backwards for a limited time. The park also debuts its 13th roller coaster – El Diablo – during its 2015 season, which kicks off April 3.

BATMAN™: The Ride becomes even more intense as it undergoes a gravity-defying role reversal from July 4th weekend to Labor Day weekend. Guests can dare to take on an all-new experience on the world-famous suspended, looping coaster when its chair lift-style train is flipped 180 degrees on the track.

BATMAN™: The Ride Backwards Fast Facts:

Soar backwards, chair-lift style (beneath the track)
50-mph juggernaut
Five gut-wrenching inversions guests never see coming
2,700 feet of twisted track

Since opening in 1993, BATMAN™: The Ride has given more than 27 million thrilling rides and reigns as one of the most popular roller coasters in the world.

“The ride’s intensity is ratcheted way up,” said John Fitzgerald, Six Flags Great Adventure president. “Thrill seekers will not want to miss this limited-time opportunity to put their inner ‘super hero’ to the test.”

bmac

Giga Poster
Right now besides Great Adventure the only parks that have not had the Backwards invert trains are Six Flags Fiesta Texas and La Ronde, so at the most still one more year before the cycle starts again.

Intricks

Strata Poster
When did St Louis have them? I knew they were testing them with employees on a row or 2, but they didnt have a full train like the one going round

bmac

Giga Poster
Intricks said:
When did St Louis have them? I knew they were testing them with employees on a row or 2, but they didnt have a full train like the one going round

Ah, apparently I was wrong, then. I thought they had it going there as a standalone before the B&M trains started getting moved everywhere.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Six Flags Great Adventure announced today that the limited run of namtaB will be beginning July 4th weekend (so July 3rd), but no info on when it will end. I'm going to a media event at the park on Friday, so I hope to find out the exact date it will close for those that want to plan a trip to ride it.
bmac said:
I thought they had it going there as a standalone before the B&M trains started getting moved everywhere.
FYI - It's only one chassis that's being moved from park to park.