What's new

Six Flags Flash Pass

drzkid64

Roller Poster
I am planning on going to Great Adventure in late July. I am thinking about getting flash passes. Are they worth the money and if so which version of the flash pass (regular, gold, or platinum). I'd like to try Zumanjaro and ride El Toro, Nitro, and Kingda Ka multiple times.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
What I said to Sythe:

It gets somewhat crowded during the summer considering its the closest near the biggest city on Earth. I would recommend getting the lowest level of Flash Pass. The others are not worth the money. Go on Kingda Ka, El Toro, and Nitro first. They tend to be the most crowded and because Kingda Ka breaks down every 5 hours. (Maintenance is **** ). Some of the other rides such as Superman: UF, Dark Knight Coaster, and Batman have no line near closing time. Getting there can be a hassle with out GPS. Good luck!

bmac

Giga Poster
Glennderp said:
because Kingda Ka breaks down every 5 hours. (Maintenance is **** ).

It's actually closer to every 10-12 launches, and it's more the fault of the ride being so bloody extreme that it breaks down so much. Maintenance is only really there to reset the ride when it needs it (which is 90% of the breakdowns lately).

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
I used a platinum flash pass a few days ago at great adventure. It is worth it to get the platinum. You get to ride all rides twice in a row without getting off the train except Zumenjaro, Skyscreamer, and the safari. I saved myself four hours alone on Kingda Ka that day and got on 4 times (twice front row) in under 40 minutes. On Zumenjaro too I saved myself about two hours. Platinum is worth it. Just be prepared for some awkward moments when people try to get on the ride when you are going for your second turn. Makes it a little awkward if the ride op doesn't say anything. However the flash pass is way worth it. It makes your trip less stressful and makes it so you can almost walk on everything. It works great.