What's new

Six Flags All-Season THE FLASH Pass

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So Six Flags is now offering an all-season Flash Pass. It's currently on sale for $399, but will go up to $799 this summer. You have to have a season pass or be a park member in order to purchase the pass. THE FLASH Pass is only valid at the park where you purchased the season pass, even though the season pass is good for entry to any Six Flags park. It is also only valid for the person who purchased it, but up to five guests came be added for a fee and it can be upgraded from Gold to Platinum for a fee as well.
Considering the cost of a single day Gold Flash Pass ($80), this seems like quite the bargain.
If this catches on, I wouldn't be surprised if Cedar Fair offers one next year and Merlin eventually doing the same.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Didn't/doesn't the Merlin VIP pass already offer fasttrack on everything everywhere? That's £700 and I don't think many people went for it last year.

I don't like the idea of paid fasttrack anyway, but I don't think this is going to work for Six Flags. Fasttrack seems to be something people buy on the day on an impulse after seeing a 20 minute queue on the boards, so I'm not sure how willing people are going to be to splash out that much money in one go.

(disclaimer: never been to a six flags park, have no idea what it's like in America, could be talking out my arse)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Like Dar, I too find it a funny one. Do people with season passes really still only visit on the busiest days? And if you can go as many times as you like, why do you care about maximizing every single trip? It seems a bit... excessive.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I wasn't aware that Merlin already offered an all-season fast pass. Guess that might be why Six Flags started offering one as well.
I agree that buying a fast pass is more of an impulse thing for most of us, however, I'm not sure if that's the case for a lot of season pass holders. They go to the parks often enough to know if it's worth buying or not and it only takes five trips on busy days to break even (at the current price). Plus many season pass holders are forced to go on busy days due to work, etc.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I heard about this before, but I don't think it's worth it. I know it's marketed at us, people who regularly go to parks and hate lines. But I think waiting in line is part of the experience. The build up of anticipation before you ride helps you enjoy the ride more when you finally get to ride it.

Also, I don't have $400 to spare, so there's that. :p