What's new

Silverwood | Stunt Pilot | RMC Raptor | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Tremors have RMC Topper Track fitted in sections quite a few years ago now? So this isn’t the first time that Tremors has had RMC track fitted?

I can’t quite imagine how RMC’s track would ride on an old-school CCI layout; I’m sure it’s great, but the concept is a rather interesting one to me, I’ll admit...

cleverwittyusername

Roller Poster
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Tremors have RMC Topper Track fitted in sections quite a few years ago now? So this isn’t the first time that Tremors has had RMC track fitted?

I can’t quite imagine how RMC’s track would ride on an old-school CCI layout; I’m sure it’s great, but the concept is a rather interesting one to me, I’ll admit...
Yes, that’s correct. I believe topper track is only on one or two turns, with this new I-box going on other turns.

Pear

Strata Poster

image0.png

Looks like the turn between the lift and drop has been reprofiled to get rid of the dip and will remain flat

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Smart move, was probably the only part of the ride vulnerable to stalling. Now it can probably be run in higher wind speeds than before.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
People who have ridden the other raptors, will this affect the whip over the drop (disregarding the 10-car trains)?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Smart move, was probably the only part of the ride vulnerable to stalling. Now it can probably be run in higher wind speeds than before.
Judging by the amount of speed these raptors gain upon leaving the lift hill I can't picture a train stalling.

cleverwittyusername

Roller Poster
I’m not so sure that’s true. The top piece of the lift hill is not being suspended in the photo at the exact angle as how it’ll be installed. It looks like it’ll be angled downhill more once it’s in position, and we don’t have the rest of the track installed yet so who’s to say it won’t go back uphill before the drop?

i305_zack

Mega Poster

The elements looks the same but just different shape to keep the coaster safe lol because back row on Railblazer is already insane enough...but holy smokes guys look at the twisted airtime hill, that looks insaneeee

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Literally just El Toro's lift, turn and drop but smaller.

At this point, we might as well call this a custom layout. I wonder if we'll ever see the prototype 8-seater model again.

Last edited:

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Literally just El Toro's lift, turn and drop but smaller.

At this point, we might as well call this a custom layout. I wonder if we'll ever see the existing 8-seater model again.
Thats a good question, because since this one is around the same price as the original raptor but can seat more people, will we start to see this specific one pop up more, my guess is as good as anyones’s

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Thats a good question, because since this one is around the same price as the original raptor but can seat more people, will we start to see this specific one pop up more, my guess is as good as anyones’s
I do think this could be the new standard model, because this almost exactly happened with the Vekoma SLC 25 years ago. Two identical prototypes were built with 8 car trains, then minor changes were made to the layout and the new model with 10 car trains became the standard, with extended and custom layouts complimenting the model’s lineup. Obviously Vekoma and RMC are two very different companies, but the fact that this has happened in a very similar fashion before makes me think that this could mark the Raptor leaving the prototype phase with this being the “real” model.

Matt N

CF Legend
I do think this could be the new standard model, because this almost exactly happened with the Vekoma SLC 25 years ago. Two identical prototypes were built with 8 car trains, then minor changes were made to the layout and the new model with 10 car trains became the standard, with extended and custom layouts complimenting the model’s lineup. Obviously Vekoma and RMC are two very different companies, but the fact that this has happened in a very similar fashion before makes me think that this could mark the Raptor leaving the prototype phase with this being the “real” model.
The initial two Raptors are even referred to as “Prototype”, so maybe this modified layout will be referred to as “Standard” or something like that?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I don't know why but I feel like Stunt Pilot is exactly what a Chinese Raptor made by Golden Horse would be like if they tried to copy Wonder Woman.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I feel like this is a downgrade from the original model? I mean, from an operations standpoint having longer trains is a plus but if that is at a cost of altering the ride elements so much, I am no sure how this is going to turn out.

The 90° drop, for instance, was one of the ride's highlights. Unless Silverwood is going for a more family-friendly ride profile.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Just looking at it, it doesn’t look as imposing as the prototypes without the vertical drop. I hope that if this becomes the standard model some of the future raptors will still have it /:

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
I loved Wonder Woman at SFFT when I got to try it out a few weeks ago, but the other three in my party hated it- one and done. Two of those three have accompanied me on many of my coaster travels, with no complaints. These revisions aren't going to turn it into a fluffy pillow ride, but maybe it'll make it slightly more tolerable for the sane and reasonable.