What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Swoosh

Mega Poster
im saying they already boarded it up so why would they do that then cut out the wood after?
It is not boarded up right under the station. The video that I posted above would still work with the elevator lift before the station and would explain that strange opening below the load station.

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't think this will have the elevator transfer as seen on Lightning Rod. As much as that would make a lot of sense in this building, I just can't see it happening with the amount of effort they've put in to completing the building underneath it with timber etc.

@Swoosh, can you highlight the large opening you're referring to, because I can't seem to see one?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is it possible that that's just the depth required for the track/train so that the floor of the train is level with the platform above? That area could also house some of the controls enclosures/drive wheels/restraint mechanisms, as is often the case. It is a big space, but maybe it's also in part due to wanting to keep the floor heights consistent.

You can see a similarly large void on Helix:
269803d1397685093-2014-neuheit-projekt-helix-mack-launch-coaster-liseberg-schweden-objects.jpg

Approx. 0:10 in this video:

Lofty

CF Legend
^ That was literally going to be my exact post. There's not enough room for a transfer/maintenance shed under there. I'm guessing the reason it may be slightly deeper than other ones is to take into account the extra spinning mechanism that undoubtedly adds a slight height to the train.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Good spot, I think that does seem likely.

^ That was literally going to be my exact post. There's not enough room for a transfer/maintenance shed under there. I'm guessing the reason it may be slightly deeper than other ones is to take into account the extra spinning mechanism that undoubtedly adds a slight height to the train.
That, and I think they'll be trying to keep the stories at a constant size. It'd look a bit weird otherwise (or they'd have to do some false floors, or something). It'll be interesting to see how they support that track, as a train sat in the station will be a sizable load - and I'd be surprised if they just support that from secondary steelwork.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Then the question comes up about why those "two holes" are level with the bottom portion of the load station hole and not the actual load area?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
But it's not a million miles off though, is it? I'll agree, it does look a little odd, but I believe it could be made to work.

Blue = representative track zone, Yellow = representative train zone
Capture_zpswki5rphy.jpg

EDIT: Granted looking at it again I'm possibly being a little generous with the height of the car (I think it's possibly a little small in hindsight), but still...

That, or those holes are for something else entirely and we've been misled. After all, it does seem odd to me that they'd opt to put the transfer mechanism so high off the ground.

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
it might be a slanted transfer track (kinda like on powder keg at the start but not as steep) to get it to the right height and i know that would be a little of a weird decision but maybe there was a factor or two that forced them to do so.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Received confirmation from my source. The openings on the right are NOT for the maintenance bay. It will be below the station like I stated above. Those holes are purely cosmetic and will make sense when the theming is completed.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
Received confirmation from my source. The openings on the right are NOT for the maintenance bay. It will be below the station like I stated above. Those holes are purely cosmetic and will make sense when the theming is completed.
So a vertical transfer like on Pegasus at Europa Park, then? Makes sense, as it's a Mack...