What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

vaugc002

Mega Poster
So is this not the world's longest spinning coaster, because SDC doesn't seem to have claimed that record. It's just that I cant think of any spinning coasters that would be longer than this.

And Thunderation is longer than Time Traveler by 2ft, which I think is kind of funny.
Use RCDB to filter by Spinning Coaster and you'll see that Euro Mir is actually still the longest spinner ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So is this not the world's longest spinning coaster, because SDC doesn't seem to have claimed that record. It's just that I cant think of any spinning coasters that would be longer than this.
This quick RCDB search throws up Euro Mir as being longer - which I can believe as certainly feels like a pretty long coaster: https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ca=105&order=-22&ot=2

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
It honestly looks... Kind of good? Other than the stop at the first launch, it looks really fun and in a way, intense! I think they could've done more with the layout because it seems like it goes through the second launch then just hits the brake run, but the theming looks great, the layout (for a spinner) looks really good, and it actually doesn't seem to be super disorienting!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Except for the terrible pacing and rather short length, it looks okay. Would be interesting to see what weird sensations you get doing standard inversions whilst sideways.

Hutch

Strata Poster
It looks fine. I mean I'm it would be a pretty fun ride in the moment but it's hard to get excited. Shame about that stop in the middle.

Pear

Strata Poster
The world's longest spinning coaster will be the Gerstlauer spinner at the American Dream mall in New Jersey.

Pear

Strata Poster
Oh my mistake. It's the world's longest free spinning coaster as Euro Mir is controlled.

Dar

Hyper Poster
With them being able to control the spinning on individual cars, it'd be nice if they had an "extreme" car for a limited time each day or something

Pear

Strata Poster
Maybe they'll up the intensity for some enthusiast events? ACE Spring Con is at SDC this year so let's see.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I've literally only just seen this so it's probably already been covered in here loads. But is that second launch the most pointless thing ever? It literally launches you into a turn and then it's the brakes, what a waste.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Aye I figured that from the off-ride shots, but if you're going to shove it in there at least make it do another turn or two. Just seems like a massive anti-climax, especially as it seems to be the better of the two launches.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I have a lot more hope for the next X-treme spinner that will probably be built, as it wont cost as much due to most of the research and development already done, unlike Time Traveler. I would assume $5-10m would have been spent on research and development, which now could be spent on an extra 500-1,000ft of track.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I have a lot more hope for the next X-treme spinner that will probably be built, as it wont cost as much due to most of the research and development already done, unlike Time Traveler. I would assume $5-10m would have been spent on research and development, which now could be spent on an extra 500-1,000ft of track.

I can't imagine it works like that. I mean, Mack invests time and money into bringing new products to the market in order to remain competitive. I don't think a theme park would have to pay for that?

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong though!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The amount of groundwork for this was insane. That impacted the budget and layout more than anything. 100%

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dar

Hyper Poster
Don't parks usually get prototypes cheaper? As they're assuming some of the risk of it not going totally to plan.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
The amount of groundwork for this was insane. That impacted the budget and layout more than anything. 100%

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah terraining must have been a huge part of the budget for sure. That's a decent old quarrythey've built themselves.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Because there can never be enough photos of Time Traveler. Here is a walk through of the queue area.
FULL UPDATE GALLERY
2.JPG

6.JPG

24.JPG

31.JPG

37.JPG

14.JPG