Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Wooden Hybrid Coaster

Uncle Arly said:
Ben said:
Do you see any steel on Outlaw Run's? Yes? So it's not ALL wood is it?

Yes, I do, hence my comment..

Uncle Arly said:
However, Outlaw Run, whilst it contains steel, still quite heavily uses wood, and looks far more wooden than SOB's loop ever did/will.

OK great, so, your post added... what exactly? Because arguing with me by agreeing with me, is flawed.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

And when does a discussion turn into an argument? I was merely discussing yours and my opinions on this coaster.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Either argue (or discuss, same thing different name ;)) about the coaster or leave it. When a post contains nothing about the argument and is just personal insults, it doesn't belong on the forums anymore, Ben.

I personally think this is a wooden coaster. There will always be grey areas, but this embodies everything that a wooden coaster is about. It's soul is very much that of a wooden coaster. It's going to behave like one. It looks like one, too. And really, that's all that actually matters.

michaellll

Mega Poster

Ethan said:
He said RMC is becoming the new Intamin (woodies). Which I disagree with...

You can disagree all you want. I'm just stating that you seem to be arguing something separate from his point.

He said that RMC's innovation in the "wooden" industry parallels Intamin's innovation in the steel industry.

That's different from RMC woodies becoming the new Intamin woodies, which seems to be what you're focused on.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

I really don't care if there's any steel in it. In my mind (and eyes) it is a wooden coaster. And the best candidate (so far) for best new ride of 2013. And an INVERTING WOODIE!!!!!! Hello, people! Who cares if there's a wee bit of steel in the double barrel roll? It has wooden track: therefore...
Any ideas where CF Live should go to next year? Hint hint...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Due to all the footers, the total amount of concrete used in the construction probably weighs more than all the wood. Wouldn't that make it a concrete coaster?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

This. Is. Awesome.

The double barrel roll is neat, but I'm really looking forward to how the outer banked turn plays out.

Ethan

Strata Poster

michaellll said:
Ethan said:
He said RMC is becoming the new Intamin (woodies). Which I disagree with...

You can disagree all you want. I'm just stating that you seem to be arguing something separate from his point.

He said that RMC's innovation in the "wooden" industry parallels Intamin's innovation in the steel industry.

That's different from RMC woodies becoming the new Intamin woodies, which seems to be what you're focused on.

Mate I think you're forgetting the first thing the guy said...

B&MintaminGCI said:
RMC is now basically the Intamin of the woodies.

Intricks

Strata Poster

So Ben, Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, White Lightning and whatever other wooden coasters (Hades?) that contain a 90 degree bank turn aren't considered a modern wooden coaster?

They use steel beams for their support structure, but they are a modern wooden coaster using STEEL BEAMS....which is what this uses. So my argument of using the phrase "all wooden" (in reference to the fact that steel beams are a component of modern wooden coasters, which you complained about) is still true as they are used on there.

Please don't revert to childish antics while having a discussion, makes you seem like a sore loser :3

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

I don't understand what all the fuss about steel v wood is. Nine moments of airtime, 3 inversions, no OTSR's, seems like a pretty good ride regardless of being steel or wood.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Because you can do all that on a steel coaster, the point of making it wood is just publicity. That is the main argument.

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster

Using that logic makes no sense to me. You can do anything that previous woodies have done with steel, so why even make wooden roller coasters anymore?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Tradition. The whole argument is "Why add inversions on a wooden coaster, when steel does it better". They are expecting this to fail like Son of Beast did, when Son of Beast had a mountain of problems that started at the design stage.

It is as Joey said, this is a grey area.

At least I believe it was him lol.

This is something people debated upon when El Toro opened up. You don't have the traditional wooden feel, so is it a true wooden coaster? Especially when you are just putting pieces of a puzzle together in a sense. This is a necessary evolution that wooden coasters have to take in order to still be seen as hip and wanted as their steel counterparts.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Ethan said:
Mate I think you're forgetting the first thing the guy said...

B&MintaminGCI said:
RMC is now basically the Intamin of the woodies.
You do realize there is a "of the" in between the "Intamin" and "woodies", Right?
Because of your arguing, it really looks like you don't.

The guy has never said anything that RMC projects looks like Intamin woodies.
He said that RMC is now like Intamin in the wooden coaster world.

I really think you should cool off.

Intricks

Strata Poster

I actually disagree with how B&MintaminGCI stated it. I don't think that at all as Intamin is just going with the "We build it bigger, taller and faster than the rest" routine. No real thought on the refining process to help those rides go from a few hidden gems in a vast sea of ****, to every ride is a proper treasure. So while it seems like they are trying to focus on the future, they really aren't.

B&M is trying to think of the future, but they are a bit too scared to really go forward in the design department and let loose of the restraints they've ultimately placed upon themselves.

RMC is doing what both of those companies should be doing. They are pushing the limits in a safe and refined manner without going over the top on their first built ride. While double barrel rolls and a 153 overbank seems extravagant, they are also on the safe side of any element out there.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

This is the stupidest argument I've ever seen on a fan forum. I've seen some bad one's on gaming forums but for pete's sake guys let it go. Everyone has there own opinion. Not to mention this argument is going to go nowhere.

(Applies to both whether RMC is the Intamin of woodies or if it's a woody or steel)

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Of course this is just us enthusiasts being our usual dumb selves.
In reality who cares, long as its a good ride it could be made of glass...
Until we get a POV or more pics we can only argue about how "wooden" it is haha

I will say though, call me traditional if you want, but I do struggle to see the point.
Wood looks amazing, the structure, the ambiance, those rolls, all beautiful but why not just make steel?
Wood has a feel, steel has a feel, with these woodies practically being steel I just see no point.
Shenanigans aside, this coaster looks great.

"outside" banked turn? Has that even been done on a steel ride??

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster

Youngster Joey said:
This is the stupidest argument I've ever seen on a fan forum. I've seen some bad one's on gaming forums but for pete's sake guys let it go. Everyone has there own opinion. Not to mention this argument is going to go nowhere.

(Applies to both whether RMC is the Intamin of woodies or if it's a woody or steel)

Thankyou!

gopats1479

Mega Poster

JJLehto said:
"outside" banked turn? Has that even been done on a steel ride??

See Steel Hawg, Mumbo Jumbo, and all of the El Loco S&S coasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.