What's new
As said in this Screamscape article, "a large clearing has been made somewhere behind the new Mystic River Falls and Fireman’s Landing areas that can be seen from the road as you pass the park back there. According to one post there is an area where they appear to be digging down deep for something, which would seem to indicate that this could be for some kind of new attraction".

Here is the site in question:
20210207_173450.jpg
So, what is everyone thinking? It is a big site but would it really be a coaster? Or an expansion to Fireman's Landing?

Dunno... but Silver Dollar City is amazzzzzing and if they're building something, anything, then I'm officially excited!
Agreed. I really wanna get there someday from the UK and experience the rides. I reckon that maybe, they could go with a Velocicoaster/Taron type investment or maybe they'll contact Mack Rides and go for a Powersplash themed to firefighters and helpers tryna calm the Tsunami Storm

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
To be entirely fair, the actual clearing could be smaller/much smaller than the outline you drew. Hard to judge the scale just by screamscape's description (but that's not your fault), so it'll be better to judge when an eventual picture comes out.

I've always thought a ride like Firechaser Express would be great at SDC, mostly because there's the whole Fireman's Landing section. Would not be disappointed with something like that at all.

To be entirely fair, the actual clearing could be smaller/much smaller than the outline you drew. Hard to judge the scale just by screamscape's description (but that's not your fault), so it'll be better to judge when an eventual picture comes out.

I've always thought a ride like Firechaser Express would be great at SDC, mostly because there's the whole Fireman's Landing section. Would not be disappointed with something like that at all.
Yeah I agree. Once we get a look at the full site of work, we have a clearer picture of what could happen.

Matt N

CF Legend
I agree with @CoasterMac305; judging by the area, I think something similar to FireChaser Express might fit well. Heck, given the theme of Fireman’s Landing, they could possibly even do a clone or near-clone if they wanted and it would still fit well!

I’m not sure whether you’d consider PowderKeg a family coaster or not, but it’s also worth noting that Grand Exposition Coaster aside, the youngest coaster at Silver Dollar City not categorised as “Extreme” on RCDB is Thunderation, which was built in 1993. It and Grand Exposition are also the only coasters at Silver Dollar City not considered “Extreme”. If we’re counting PowderKeg as a family coaster, even those modifications were done 17 years ago, back in 2004. For this reason, I think a newer, middle-ground family coaster of this style might be a nice fit.

I agree with @CoasterMac305; judging by the area, I think something similar to FireChaser Express might fit well. Heck, given the theme of Fireman’s Landing, they could possibly even do a clone or near-clone if they wanted and it would still fit well!

I’m not sure whether you’d consider PowderKeg a family coaster or not, but it’s also worth noting that Grand Exposition Coaster aside, the youngest coaster at Silver Dollar City not categorised as “Extreme” on RCDB is Thunderation, which was built in 1993. It and Grand Exposition are also the only coasters at Silver Dollar City not considered “Extreme”. If we’re counting PowderKeg as a family coaster, even those modifications were done 17 years ago, back in 2004. For this reason, I think a newer, middle-ground family coaster of this style might be a nice fit.
Yeah. Especially when looking at Movie Park Studios at Movie Park Germany maybe. Something like that would be amazing too. Plus, a Vekoma Suspended Thrill Coaster as well.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
yeah. that's not a family coaster. That said there should be more of them.

Gonna CC @Hixee here
Yeah, as great as I think they are, the Chance GT-X are far more intense than they look. They're definitely not in the 'family' bracket. I'd say they're up there with the Mega-Lites, really.

Plus, however great Lightning Run is, Firechaser Express is a way better [family] coaster, and would be an awesome fit for SDC.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I think the Hershend group got a 3 coaster deal with Mack Rides because of Time Traveller, whatever coaster goes to Dollywood and a Big Dipper there at Silver Dollar City for 2022
What do you base this belief on? We don't know if either of the two latter coasters will be Mack, or even if there will be coasters in those projects at all.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think the Hershend group got a 3 coaster deal with Mack Rides because of Time Traveller, whatever coaster goes to Dollywood and a Big Dipper there at Silver Dollar City for 2022
That's the first I've heard of it? Dollywood is probably getting a B&M hyper as their next coaster and I'm not sure SDC will be building another Mack anytime soon.

That's the first I've heard of it? Dollywood is probably getting a B&M hyper as their next coaster and I'm not sure SDC will be building another Mack anytime soon.
Yeah I reckon a B&M Hyper or Extreme Spinning Coaster for Dollywood, but for SDC, I'd love something like Firechaser Express, but what would be good is a custom dueling family boomerang and a custom suspended family or thrill coaster intertwining as part of an expanded Fireman's Landing. But I wouldn't be against an interactive dark ride that encourages families to help put out the fires around the area and have projection mapping in sync with the guns to project water being sprayed onto fire projections.