What's new

Sick in the rides, sick off the rides, sick of no Saw

peep

CF Legend
Yay for attempt number two of getting on Saw, yet again it failed at life. I shall now describe my entire day, enjoy.

I got up on time, left the house on time, got to the train station in good time. Where was the train though? Not at the bloomin' train station thats what. For once I run on time and the trains fail, not happy. The train arrived 10 minutes late then decided that because it was late it will just sort of faff about in-between and at each station. I was not pleased. I finally got to Waterloo 50 minutes after the train was scheduled to leave my local station instead of 20 minutes. :(

So yeah, great start to the day. After getting on my train to Staines I had a quick look at the Thorpe website on my mobile to see if Saw or Stealth felt like opening today, both were listed as closed. I felt like going back home but I had already got on the train there so I decided to continue. Will jumped on the train at Twickenham which made me happy, at least I wouldn't be alone at Thorpe.

Upon arrival at the park we noticed that not many rides looked like they were running which was not great considering we got there just before 12. We did spot Rush in operation with both arms swinging. We decided to do a walk round the whole park to see what was open and what wasn't.

We saw that all the flats by the dome were open. Collosucks looked quite dead but had been in operation before we arrived. Went over to Saw and asked the kind lady by the barrier if it was going to open today, it was not, bern. Samurai was open, don't really think this is a good thing, I'll get back to that story later, maybe. Everything in Canada Creek was running and we also spotted Slammer open. Banana boat had an engineer watching it, but failed to open, much to our disappointment. Inferno, Det, Rumba rapids and teacups were running fine. Stealth had another barrier with a staff member looking suicidal. Tidal wave was running for no reason what so ever. We also noticed a mass amount of school children, this was silly.

Our first ride was the fish that flies. It was joyous, especially as we were the only two on the contraption of not much fun.

I think we then went over to X:/NWO. The queueline and the interior of the attraction smelt of sick. This made everyone else feel ill, yucky.

After some much needed fresh air we headed over to Rush as it had a queue of 0 mins :) It was good and did not make us feel ill.

After we went on Vortex which had an awesome cycle as everyone got to be at the top, Ewan was also there and he amused us.

I think this is when we headed to Canada Creek where we did the railway which was lame and then the spinney kids ride which wasn't very sick-inducing.

I think food was in order next at our favourite place, Glass house. After some appreciation of the 80s music being played and some food we headed back to rides.

We spotted Ewan outside Saw so we decided to give him some company, he appreciated this and kept us amused for some time. For some annoying reason Will decided it would be a fun game to go on all the flat rides, this led to us going on Samurai of pain.

We decided to go on Loggers leap next which was not fun as it got us wet and the water smelt of sewer.

We then rode Slammer which after all my complaining that it is an evil ride we came off complaining how evil and painful it is. This made us sad.

We then went on Collosucks at the front. It wasn't great, quite rough today.

Inferno time. I think we had to wait about 5 minutes as they were only running one train. After Inferno we went on Det which was ok, I think I've ridden it too many times now.

I think this is when we went on Teacups which spun us round and round.

It was time for more flat rides :? We first did Quantum Fail which as the title suggests, fails but wins at creating pain. I felt a little ill after riding this as it felt like the bar was pushing into my stomach and nearly forcing my lunch out.

We had to both take a breather and then annoyingly we did Zodiac of death which was pure evil, never again.

For some silly reason I thought that going on Rush wouldn't be that bad. Ugh, just made us feel even more ill, this was not looking good.

We decided that water would be a clever idea so we went into the Thorpe 'Megastore'. We then went over to Depth Charge as it was walk on. It was fun and my boat caused a massive splurge of water to soak Will which amused me greatly for the rest of the day, this left Will feeling cold and slightly aggravated.

It was time for guest services: the ride. I like this ride, now have two priority passes each for our next visit. :D

We spotted Stealth testing so we decided to go over and watch it fail and almost rollback twice. It was then time to leave.

Overall it was a great day despite the lack of Saw and our body's intentions to throw up everywhere near the end of the day was not a pleasant feeling.

Ride count:
Flying Fish X 1
X:/NWO X1
Collosucks X1
Inferno X1
Loggers Leap X1
Det X1
Train thing X1
Rocky Express X1
Vortex X1
Zodiac X1
Quantum X1