What's new

Shows and parades

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Mysterious Sue said:
The pirate show at Legoland always draws a huge crowd, although I've never managed to catch more than five minutes of it myself. I guess shows work better in family-friendly parks like Disney and Legoland.

It's a stunt/action show though rather than a "look at our wonderful dialogue and comedic graces" type of show.

nadroJ

CF Legend
The Bongo Warriors at FL are actually pretty good too, I think the fact that they look like they enjoy what they do makes the show better, rather than somebody looking like they're losing the will to live. At Gullivers in September in the pissing rain some poor girl with two of the park's mascots was on a stage doing a little show to nobody. I mean there was nobody watching it, and it just made me want to curl up and die. I guess small scale shows are good for families with little kids and stuff, but I only ever really make an effort for the large scale shows by Disney.

I think it was Busch Gardens Tampa who had a Cirque du Soleil show that was quite good, but obviously that wasn't an in park production, they bought the show and the performers came in and did it.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
Just remembered that the Jousting show at Camelot used to be worth a watch, even if it was just somewhere sheltered to eat your packed lunch. We also watched the birds of prey show which was really good, not many people went to it but the guy was doing something that he loved.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I remember being impressed by the jousting show at Camelot when I was 8. I saw it again a few months ago, and yeah, it's s**te.

nadroJ said:
At Gullivers in September in the pissing rain some poor girl with two of the park's mascots was on a stage doing a little show to nobody. I mean there was nobody watching it, and it just made me want to curl up and die.

It used to happen every now and then at the back end of the season at 'mingoland. The show was scheduled to go on, so we'd have to do it, even if nobody came in to see it. It wasn't too bad for us, as we'd just set the soundtrack off and stand around chatting, keeping our eye on the door. If anyone came in we just jumped in and carried on with wherever the soundtrack was at the time.