What's new

Should Stampida (Port Aventura) really be RMC'd?

Should Stampida really be RMC'd?

• Total voters

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
I’d take an RMC over what it is now any day. Stampida is just “there”. Like the mine train is just “there”. There’s no particularly fun elements to either side, there’s no enjoyable forces, and the trains are awful.

And I’m not saying it has to be an extreme Iron Gwazi remodel either. Just something like Untamed would be great. Doesn’t have to be the tallest or the steepest. Just fun, lots of airtime and weird elements.

Why save it in it’s current form? Because it’s a classic woody? Nahh.
They can RMC the minetrain. Problem solved!!

jasone

Roller Poster
Surely Uncharted is going to fill a relatively similar place in the line up to Stampida? Granted it isn't a woodie.... but its going to be family thrill, a step up from Tomahawk. It's even just around the corner in the park.

By building Uncharted, Stampida isn't the only intermediate thrill coaster in the park anymore...

Having said that, i'm not sure RMC'ing Stampida is what i'd want to see. A GCI retrack would be great... I'd love to see it retain its feel, it's a beautiful ride to look at in my opinion and fits the area/theme so well. Would love to see it stay purely a wood coaster, and have RMC come in and build something else ;)

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
I feel like they would first add a ride like Cheta Hunt or a Dive Coaster/Tilt coaster in the Polynesia area.

giphy.gif

That would be amazing

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
Surely Uncharted is going to fill a relatively similar place in the line up to Stampida? Granted it isn't a woodie.... but its going to be family thrill, a step up from Tomahawk. It's even just around the corner in the park.

By building Uncharted, Stampida isn't the only intermediate thrill coaster in the park anymore...

Eh...

Same age range sure but I wouldn't say fills a similar place in the line up. Granted I haven't been to Port Adventura but by the looks of it Uncharted looks a lot less thrilling then something like Stampida. Stampida, while not the largest coaster, is a great place holder while children are either not tall enough or too scared to ride attractions to the likes of Dragon Khan or Shambhala. Uncharted looks to have some fun elements but I just don't see it as a place holder in the same way. I think that when it comes down to it an indoor dark ride coaster isn't the same as a standard intermediate thrill coaster.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
And even if it did fill the same role why should that middle to younger age group only have 1 coaster for them? Shouldn't give with one hand and take away with the other. A healthy park should have a good number of coaster across the range.

For example Alton does this quite well with Spinball, Wickerman and Thirteen all filling that 1.2m roll nicely.

jasone

Roller Poster
And even if it did fill the same role why should that middle to younger age group only have 1 coaster for them? Shouldn't give with one hand and take away with the other. A healthy park should have a good number of coaster across the range.

For example Alton does this quite well with Spinball, Wickerman and Thirteen all filling that 1.2m roll nicely.

Very true. But just with Uncharted open you could perhaps close Stampida for a year if needed to get a more substantial retrack similar to that of Tonnerre 2 Zeus. I've only ridden Stampida a few times, the latest being summer 2022 and there are some sections that were really pretty painful. Probably more the trains than anything though.

Cobayo

Roller Poster
I just can say that Stampida is in a really bad state now, I tried it recently and it was super rough, it hurted a lot for me. I think it needs some treatment for sure.

Although, in my opinion rides like Dragon Khan and Shambhala are waay less intense than Stampida considering how rough it has become.