What's new

Short Lived

Most of us here keep a list of our top ten coasters, so I was just curious if anyone has ever had a REALLY short lived number one. How short has a coaster reigned as your favourite?

For me I think it was the first time I went to Cedar Point. I rode Millennium Force first so obviously that took the cake, then I rode Dragster later in the day so Millennium had a total of maybe a few hours as my number one :p .

Hutch

Strata Poster
Same for me with MF and TTD. But Millennium was only No. 1 for about a half hour as I immediately rode TTD after MF.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I had X2 as my number one for about a week until I decided that I actually preferred EGF. I only started ranking coasters about 4 years ago, so I wouldn't know of any beforehand. Never been to a park where two coasters have both gone to the very top of my list straightaway.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My favourite coasters seems to stick around for quite a while actually. Before I went to Florida back in 2006 and I wasn't into coasters enough to really have a favourite (if I remember correctly, that was the first time I actually went back and added up all my credits, that trip started my coaster counting as it were), so Montu was my number one after that trip.

After that, I think it was El Toro that next won my number one position, but that only lasted for a few weeks until I rode Boulder Dash at the end of that trip. Then Boulder Dash has reigned supreme ever since.

So that would put me:
2006 (July) - 2010 (July): Montu
2010 (July) - 2010 (August): El Toro
2010 (August) - onwards: Boulder Dash

I don't change my mind much... :lol: Although this has got me thinking, wish I'd kept a historic record of my top ten/twenty. Would have been interesting to see how things developed throughout the years.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Prowler shot to my #1 my first ride as I didn't expect it, then X2 regained it the next week, and Voyage took it a month late and held on to NTG, which is my current one.

Gonna whore like crazy when I can ride again and my first stop will be SDC for Outlaw Run.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
While I've been an enthusiast I've only ever had Air as my number one (cue the insults).

Going to Seaworld Orlando in 13 days though so Manta should take number one spot, the day after I'm off to Busch Gardens so Manta is likely to only have a day at the top...that is if Kraken isn't better ;)

Edward M

Strata Poster
The shortest lived would be Maverick for about 10 minutes until I rode Millennium Force which took the spot with ease.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Shambhala for me! There was lots of hype around Shambhala when it first opened, and as much as I love the coaster, it's honestly not a patch on the likes of Nemesis...or even Dragon Khan.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
My first honest number one was Raptor (that is, after having ridden more than a hand full of rides), which conceded to MF for a number of years, until 2007 with Maverick. Maverick however would have been the shortest lived, as RFII took the spot for me in 2010.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I've only had two favorites really. Bizarro was what made me love coasters and it was my favorite from when i rode it in 2010 until I rode Millennium Force last year.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Colossus for some strange reason. I was about 13 and because it went upside down ten times it reigned as number 1...

I have much better taste now!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Jordanovichy said:
While I've been an enthusiast I've only ever had Air as my number one (cue the insults).

Going to Seaworld Orlando in 13 days though so Manta should take number one spot, the day after I'm off to Busch Gardens so Manta is likely to only have a day at the top...that is if Kraken isn't better ;)

I was right. Manta went straight to number one but was overtaken by Montu less than 24 hours later. Sorry Manta.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Nemesis was top for about two years, then I went to PA and it was Dragon Khan, then that stayed until I went back to PA 5 years later and it was then Shambhala which has remained.

Though tbf they can all interchange on any given day given my fondness for all of them.

Pretty much the entire opposite to what the topic is asking really lul.

Jer

Strata Poster
Skyrush was my #1 for about a month until I went back to Knoebels and rode Phoenix again. Since then Phoenix was #1 and Skyrush is moving its way down.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
When at Thorpe Park, Nemesis Inferno was my favourite until I went on The Swarm about 2 hours later it became my favourite ever since.