What's new

Shoreham Airshow 2009

Beans

Hyper Poster
Every year I help marshall communications for Shoreham Airshow West Sussex. It does give me an opportunity to spend 2 days at the airshow and between shifts on radio get the chance to take photos, this year the weather was great and had the chance to try out my new camera. Although the Red Arrows do not actually display here the show is full of exiting aerobatics, this year included the long awated view of the Alvro Vulcan. I took over 2,000 phots in 2 days and thoroughly enjoyed show, even though on Sunday I got a bit sunburned.

Typhoon
dsc0325.jpg

Vulcan
shoreham22809103.jpg

Yakolevs, in there Yaks
shorehamairshow23809971.jpg

Blades Extra 300's
dsc0160.jpg

Matadors, Zivko Edge 540, Steve Jones and Paul Bonhomme
shorehamairshow23809066.jpg

Hurricane
shorehamairshow23809248.jpg

A pair of Mustangs(this was actually one of the best photos of the weekend)
shorehamairshow23809351.jpg

Red Arrow only did a quick flypast, the cannot display at Shoreham because of the terrain. Only 7 fly in on the Sunday.
shorehamairshow23809406.jpg

Team Guinot, will be called something else next year as sponsorship has run out.

One of the Blades, 3 out of the 4 signed my program Mark "Cutty" Cutmore in this pic
shorehamairshow23809110.jpg

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah, very impressive photos Beans. Looked like a great airshow and a nice variety of aircraft on show.

I'd love to see and hear one of those Avro Vulcans flying in person, they are an awesome looking jet.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Pretty pleased with it, it is a Nikon D90, first day had to change a lot of settings but eventually got the hang of it, but with over 2,000 photos taken these are some random ones, well at least these actully loaded, some of the others I wanted to put up wouldn't

Beans

Hyper Poster
I do believe your right, I always get them muddled up silly me., there was a P40 as well so kept getting that one wrong as well, looks more like Spit than Hurricane.

Lain

Giga Poster
I don't like how it looks like the planes aren't moving. The propellors are all static and stuff. Perhaps try using a longer shutter speed to give it a bit more motion.

Cool otherwise though.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Lain said:
I don't like how it looks like the planes aren't moving. The propellors are all static and stuff. Perhaps try using a longer shutter speed to give it a bit more motion.

Haha, generic air show photography response #1.

Lain

Giga Poster
Martyn said:
Lain said:

Haha, generic air show photography response #1.

True though. :p

Martyn

Giga Poster
Indeed, but it's a right pain in the arse to slow the shutter down enough when shooting against a bright sky as you have to whack the aperture right down, which makes the dust on your sensor especially visible!

But yeah, you're right. I think that's why jets were invented.

Beans

Hyper Poster
That why the Vulcan was easier to get it goes slowly and doesn't have props, although getting the Typhoon is fun. He shifts.