What's new

SHANGHAI BUND

Offical_Pitchnoir

Roller Poster
Legacy GGE, the company who designed the new Ocean park in Shanghaî also designed another one which will be a recreation of famous SHANGHAI BUND. While its primary function will be as a film and television production studio, worked into the facilities will be a number of shows and dark rides to satisfy tourists eager to go behind the scenes of China's growing entertainment industry and construction is progressing on the GGE-designed recreation of SHANGHAI BUND.

Attractions to be included are "film and television drop tower" (4,132 square meters), "Movie Film Roller Coaster" ( 5,894 square meters), “ Triad Gangster Chase Dark Ride" (6,370 square meters), "Hengdian Adventure Tour robotic arm" (6,515 square meters), Disaster Experience Theater (3,348 square meters), "Movie Secrets Museum" (2,100 square meters)

Triad Gangster Chase Dark Ride will be Inspired by Shanghai stories and legends of the infamous Triad. The attraction will take guests on a wild adventure through Shanghai’s dark underworld ( artwork below ).

According to the construction tender, Shanghai Bund will be completed before December 30, 2020.

"The Goddard Group was retained to design the massive "Shanghai Bund" movie studio and theme park resort (set to open in 2016,) located in Hengdian, China, a few hours from Shanghai. Mr. Goddard said, "As a film director myself, we were thrilled with this project on several levels. First, to re-create The Bund in its pre-war condition was a designer's dream assignment. We are literally recreating a major international city in its pre-war state, making it a suitable shooting location for a host of motion picture productions. In addition, we also melded many other areas of old Shanghai into this attraction, as part of an overall Shanghai studio backlot."
He adds, "We were able to work with the Hengdian Studios team to design a backlot that would greatly facilitate shooting within multiple areas, simultaneously. Beyond that, and based upon our many years of designing major attractions for Universal Studios in Los Angeles and Florida, we were able to blend-in a 'working studio tour' with themed attractions hidden within several sound stages. In this manner, the site will be able to function simultaneously both as a working movie studio and a tourist attraction."

Taylor Jeffs from Legacy GGE said "The new studio and movie park will be home to several large-scale themed rides, shows, and studio tours, designed to transport guests back to The Bund's golden era. These attractions are based upon classic Chinese motion picture genres and styles, and are sure to make this park's entertainment offerings truly unique.”

SOURCE
44051314_2040016039375523_2505861637643173888_n.jpg

43880397_2040016026042191_3735782194946244608_n.jpg

43950120_2040016079375519_5644191268713005056_n.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Great post @Offical_Pitchnoir. Hope you don't mind me clarifying a few bits of the post. :) Anyone who posts world news (especially Chinese news as far as I am concerned) deserves credit :) .

This park looks great although i worry about its expansion potential and right now I worry about it ever being finished due to lack of news this last year.

To start as a note and background for those who don't know. Legacy GCE are what used to be the Goddard Group. They changed their name (with good reason) to Legacy GCE following the accusations of Child Molestation against the founder Gary Goddard.

Gary Goddard no longer has anything to do with the company but a lot of their old artwork obviously bares his name. So from now on for arguments sake I'll refer to them as Legacy GCE no matter the artwork.

Moving on from that rather unsavoury buisness. The last image @Offical_Pitchnoir showed shows the park in an advanced stage of construction.
Here is an image shown by Legacy GCE in July last year which i beleive was about the same time the pictures above were taken
Goddard1.JPG
Clearly even in July last year it was coming along well..

Location wise the park is here - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@29.1795023,120.3216651,341m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en-GB

The problem is there has been very little news since then which worries me a bit but hopefully the park is coming along nicely. The lack of news could be due to the self implosion of the Goddard Group itself to be honest. News in China is always flaky and Legacy GG havent posted anything about the park in a while. They seem to have been concentrating on Steel Dolphin at Polar Ocean Park, Which is something worth concentrating on.

Before anyone asks. I have no news on the coaster and who is making it but having looked at a few reference lists it shouldnt be Intamin, Vekoma or B&M which leaves a fair few major companies it could be.

Themeparx has a good thread on this where Michael one of the best theme park investigators out there has posted a bit about it. http://www.themeparx.com/shanghai-bund/