What's new

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. I was just reading through Screamscape when I found this interesting item from quite a while ago that I'm surprised no one has picked up on:
Screamscape said:
2020 - Mack PowerSplash - Rumor - (3/31/19) An interesting rumor was thrown by way about that rumored Mack PowerSplash ride that may replace Aquaman at Six Flags over Texas. Not that it matters where it comes from, but the way the story goes is that the ride may have actually already been under contract with Mack and intended for the Six Flags Dubai park that is now on indefinite hold. No one wants to see a good ride just sitting around waiting to be built, so Mack may have made a special deal with Six Flags to bring the project to America instead, which could also explain why they included the concept in a number of guest surveys to guests about possible new attractions.

(3/28/19) I heard an interesting rumor about what could possibly replace Aquaman at Six Flags over Texas in 2020… and if true, the good news is that this would be considered both a new coaster and a water ride. I also wouldn’t be surprised if this new attraction also attempted to carry the Aquaman name once again, but taking the form of a Mack PowerSplash attraction. Adding to the rumor is the fact that Six Flags was asking guests about this very attraction concept in a guest survey not long ago.
The Mack PowerSplash is really a launched shuttle coaster with a spike on each end, built to ride just above a body of water, and dip into a “splashdown” section which is flooded with extra water just before the boat arrived to create the classic “big splash” moment. The attraction system also features a turntable at the station to allow for one boat to load while the other runs through the course.
Check out the video from Mack featuring the first PowerSplash ride called Pulsar that opened at Walbii Belgium in 2016 below.
Sounds very interesting, especially if it is to carry the same theme as the ride it is replacing! What do you guys think?
P.S. Here's the Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_over_texas.htm

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah, being touched by water in that park will definitely give you pink eye and super herpes. If they don't have a separate treatment area, you won't be able to pay me to get on it with how nasty the water is.

Raptor would fit perfect there though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I've looked at its plot of land in the park. Lone Star Stadium was located just to the right of New Texas Giant's first overbanked turn, and across from Yosemite Sam's Gold River Adventure - it doesn't occupy a large amount of land, however. A quick Google Earth measurement using the Polygon tool reveals that its plot was around 3/10ths of an acre - a Skywarp or new restaurant could probably fit in that plot, but not much else.

But I suppose that could well have changed locations for all we know! Whatever it is, it's sure to be exciting!
I was told by someone who has friends in the industry that after the flooding Six Flags Over Texas endured last year, their future plans have had to be majorly reworked. See: Lone Star Revolution being relocated to the other side of the park and re-named El Diablo.

I've looked at its plot of land in the park. Lone Star Stadium was located just to the right of New Texas Giant's first overbanked turn, and across from Yosemite Sam's Gold River Adventure - it doesn't occupy a large amount of land, however. A quick Google Earth measurement using the Polygon tool reveals that its plot was around 3/10ths of an acre - a Skywarp or new restaurant could probably fit in that plot, but not much else.

I was told by someone who has friends in the industry that after the flooding Six Flags Over Texas endured last year, their future plans have had to be majorly reworked. See: Lone Star Revolution being relocated to the other side of the park and re-named El Diablo.
That's true

Matt N

CF Legend

Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @Kw6sTheater!

I definitely think that a Premier Sky Rocket II could fit. I know they have a free spin but Discovery Kingdom has both by 2019, so wouldn't be the first

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
A Skyrocket II would take up around twice the land made available by the theatre's removal, per Google Earth measurements. That'd be better suited for the Aquaman site, in my opinion.

Would the Raptor in question stretch towards New Texas Giant, the Chapparal Antique Cars or Yosemite Sam’s Gold River Adventure? Either way, I’m remaining doubtful that this plot of land will accomodate a Raptor. On the other hand, the theatre to the left of Superman Tower of Power could...
Definitely

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Would the Raptor in question stretch towards New Texas Giant, the Chapparal Antique Cars or Yosemite Sam’s Gold River Adventure? Either way, I’m remaining doubtful that this plot of land will accomodate a Raptor. On the other hand, the theatre to the left of Superman Tower of Power could...
They use that for concerts still. Raptors have tiny footprints, you don't need much space and considering how minimal supported the lift and turnaround are, easy to wiggle in.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Even if they did wiggle in a Raptor, the train tracks and Chapparal Antique Cars would have to be seriously rerouted, which is something Six Flags doesn’t tend to do. Or alternatively, they could design a custom layout to fit the long and narrow site. ;)

There are also rumors circulating the antique cars are on the way out.

I mean, they could always go custom and have it go into NTG infield, but it's Six Flags...lol.

There's definitely a possibility of a custom though! The antique cars removal rumour is interesting...

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
There are also rumors circulating the antique cars are on the way out.

I mean, they could always go custom and have it go into NTG infield, but it's Six Flags...lol.

Where did you hear these, out of interest? I’d be genuinely saddened by this, as I love a good antique cars ride.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Where did you hear these, out of interest? I’d be genuinely saddened by this, as I love a good antique cars ride.
People. I'm local (literally stopped by this afternoon just for a ride on Shockwave because it was walk on) so I've heard a few murmurs. It could just be coming from Texas Thrill Seekers and people are telling me those rumors, or they may be more substantial, I haven't put too much weight into it.

Will add that the Larson loop is ugly as **** and offends me deeply.

Alex B

Mega Poster
Holy **** if they do we start boycotting next they remove el toro for a boomerang..lol,kingda ka for an slc,nitro for Superman ride of steel!(sorry that’s my home park)