What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

rideguy70

Mega Poster
I was thinking about the loading taking forever as well (it is SFMM), but do consider this... the train only holds 12, so there's much less to check than there is on TC and Tatsu. So in theory, it should go faster. In theory.

But I will say that if it's the same comfort collars as Sea World SD's Electric Eel, they really do slow things down. They're not intuitive, and are not easy to maneuver in and out of. So it could be a wash.

Mitchell

Roller Poster
I've never been in a position where I coaster could bother me just because it's in the same park with two very similar coasters.

I know it shouldn't, but I feel like it would. Is that racism?

Edward M

Strata Poster
Sooo, did Six Flags Magic Mountain just love their last two coaster investments so much they wanted to do a more "family friendly" remake? Ugh, this irritates me. I'm sure it'll ride well and probably be a decent coaster, but it's going to a park that doesn't just not need it, it already has everything this ride has to offer.

Snoo

The Legend
The logic of this ride summed up in a GIF..

nope-button-gif-5.gif

J Rod

Roller Poster
Yeah this looks like an absolute waste of space and money. Won't be an awful ride but it's pointless for their lineup and the layout is so mediocre.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
I think it looks like a really fun familyish ride! Strange for Magic Mountain, but its a new *unique* coaster so it should be fun.

Hutch

Strata Poster
So... good ride... wrong park.

It looks fun, and there's some nice interactions between the two tracks. It'll be fine. And I'm not bothered by the partnership/brand/whatever it is they're doing.

That being said, I wonder how much Six Flags were drinking when they planned out this coaster. Literally any other park should've gotten this. Don't have much else to add on other than booing the "comfort straps." Doesn't Full Throttle have just lap bars? There's no way this will be more intense or have more hangtime than FT, so again I don't see their logic with that.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Ya know, when people are comparing CP to MM, they always talk about the "Magic" in Magic Mountain, and they have a point. This place has a lot of stuff that feels completely out of a different universe. They have Tatsu, which is the one B&M that everybody wants and CP just doesn't have. They have X2, which is a whole new dimension of brute force. They have a flawless B&M-collection without gimmicks (yes I know, clones and parking lots, but you can't seriously argue against the brilliance of the rides), they have a freaking dueling RMC. All these things that sound like they come right out of Planet Coaster.

I feel like they tried to come up with another ride that blends into this magic setup, but they ran out of ideas. It's kinda similar to Goliath, where they tried to do something different by unnecessarily choosing a (in hindsight) ****ty designer. Now they make the exact reverse mistake by sticking with a manufacturer that has only one single coaster type in stock. I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish here. I know Six Flags and Cedar Fair are treating Intamin like it's the devils anus, but Maxx Force is clear evidence that they are totally capable of going with different manufacturers if some of the recent ones don't have new ideas up in their sleeve. And sorry, this is not new.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
If this was at another park, I'd be excited to see it, but the fact it's literally a poorer amalgamation of two of their other coasters just makes me roll my eyes frantically.

This ride has unique California feel though, as much as Hangtime at Knott's. I also don't get the Full Throttle comparisons.. At all.

TC...yes. It's almost a second chance to do the racing correctly, in full view. You can't watch TC at all (except from the parking lot).

Hutch

Strata Poster
I also don't get the Full Throttle comparisons..
Both are Premier, both have multiple LSM launches, same trains, same color scheme (at least the white), and both have/are getting mixed impressions.

Then again, this isn’t the first time Six Flags has pulled a stunt like this by putting similar attractions in at the same park (looking at you SFNE).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Both are Premier, both have multiple LSM launches, same trains, same color scheme (at least the white), and both have/are getting mixed impressions.

Then again, this isn’t the first time Six Flags has pulled a stunt like this by putting similar attractions in at the same park (looking at you SFNE).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But they have completely different goals as rides. Full Throttle is about hangtime. That's all it is really, an oversized Sky Rocket. WCR is a family street racing coaster. Absolutely nothing like Throttle besides launches.

Peet

Giga Poster
I'm not sure why people keep using the word "family" for this 4-inversion coaster! It does look like lots of fun, and I hope Apocalypse gets some much needed TLC on the ride itself as well as its theming.
But yeah I completely agree that it doesn't offer much that SFMM doesn't already have. I suppose it is hard to find something new when the park already has 13 "extreme" coasters, but still.

Lofty

CF Legend
This ride has unique California feel though, as much as Hangtime at Knott's. I also don't get the Full Throttle comparisons.. At all.

TC...yes. It's almost a second chance to do the racing correctly, in full view. You can't watch TC at all (except from the parking lot).
I don't care if it has 'unique California feels' though, it is NOT a unique experience, when in the same park they have another Premier launch coaster and möbius racing coaster with extremely similar layouts. I understand that you may be a fan of it but there's just absolutely no way you can argue that it is not similar to the other two coasters named at the same park. But please, tell me how it has 'unique California feel'.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
I don't care if it has 'unique California feels' though, it is NOT a unique experience, when in the same park they have another Premier launch coaster and möbius racing coaster with extremely similar layouts. I understand that you may be a fan of it but there's just absolutely no way you can argue that it is not similar to the other two coasters named at the same park. But please, tell me how it has 'unique California feel'.
I already said the TC comparisons are valid. I'm sure that was intentional. But please explain how it's like FT. Does it have hang time in a giant loop? Launch backwards? Crest over a top hat?

I know you don't like the ride and that's fine. But please with the drama...

I didn't realize unique experiences were a requirement every time out. You must hate Universal.

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
I already said the TC comparisons are valid. I'm sure that was intentional. But please explain how it's like FT. Does it have hang time in a giant loop? Launch backwards? Crest over a top hat?

I know you don't like the ride and that's fine. But please with the drama... Guests are going love this ride ..

It doesn't have a loop, but it does have inversions, multiple launches etc. just like Full Throttle has. Honestly, I think if you say they're completely different then you're in denial.

I'm on the same boat as those saying the coaster looks good, but SFMM is not the right park for it. At all.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
It doesn't have a loop, but it does have inversions, multiple launches etc. just like Full Throttle has. Honestly, I think if you say they're completely different then you're in denial.

I'm on the same boat as those saying the coaster looks good, but SFMM is not the right park for it. At all.

I'm not in denial, I just don't give two craps. Yes they were both built by Premier Rides, so they have similar ride stock. To me that's where the comparisons end. One is a racing coaster, the other is a Sky Rocket model.

Full Throttle is a linear design. It doesn't even turn or manuver in any direction other than forwards and backwards. WCR is full of tight turns and maneuvers.

Lofty

CF Legend
I didn't say that everything has to be unique, but when you have a park just like SFMM in which you have THAT much stuff on offer, it makes sense to really diversify each of your purchases so that you're catering to all guests and ensuring your well spent capital is actually going somewhere. The reason I think that even SFMM realise this is that it has a sponsorship package by West Coast Customs, meaning even they weren't stupid enough to spend all of their money on the coaster that really does (as much as you don't want to admit it) resemble two of your other coasters in the park.

Snoo

The Legend
I'm not in denial, I just don't give two craps. Yes they were both built by Premier Rides, so they have similar ride stock. To me that's where the comparisons end. One is a racing coaster, the other is a Sky Rocket model.

Full Throttle is a linear design. It doesn't even turn or manuver in any direction other than forwards and backwards. WCR is full of tight turns and maneuvers.

They both also have launches. Don't forget that. So, let's break this down:

WCC:
Premier, multiple launch, dueling inverting mobius rollercoaster.

FT:
Premier, multiple launch with inverts
TC:
Premier, dueling inverting mobius

What more isn't there to get? They rides have SIMILARITIES, they aren't matching coasters. At the end of the day, this will be a mediocre launched advertisement which has two better versions of itself within the park. This would be unique at Knotts, not at SFMM.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
^^ It makes sense to who though? Enthusiasts that literally complain about everything, or the many guests that are going to show up, without these pre-conditions and just enjoy the ride? Because at the end of the day, which group do you think SF cares more about?