What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

kenny cook

Mega Poster
I'm gonna make my final prediction for the project:
-Adrenaline Alley new themed land
-Apocalypse will get rethemed to an abandoned hot rod shop where you can test ride one of their newest models, expect minimal changes to the outdoor queue
-Premier Rides Launch Coaster(s)
-Jet Stream recieves a massive retheme and overhaul
-Some sort of family flat as well to go along with it
-The name will NOT be "West Coast Racers"
-Small remodel of the front gate, involving a repaint of the ticket booths, cleaning up that front area, repaint and refurb of the metal overhead, some sort of fancy new entrance sign with refurbished landscaping at the front of the park, repaint with a modern color palate for everything at the front of the park
-Cyclone 500 will stay, and a new sit-down restaurant will be added far away from it so you don't get a side of "gasoline in your face + colesaw" to add onto your chicken tender

Those are my final predictions!! Excited to see what happens!!

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Premier Rides motorbike coaster. So people already got a look at some of the merchandise.

Allegedly...lol

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
So they combined FT and TC lol. It's a Mobius coaster with 4 launches by Premier.

West-Coast-Racers-Logo.png

World’s First Racing Launch Coaster, West Coast Racers, Debuting at Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2019

20th Coaster Designed With World Famous West Coast Customs

LOS ANGELES, Calif. — August 30, 2018 — Six Flags Magic Mountain, today announced the latest addition to its unparalleled coaster dynasty — West Coast Racers, the world’s first racing launch coaster — slated to open in 2019. Unlike traditional coasters, this one-of-a-kind racing coaster will feature two side-by-side tracks with four individual high-speed launches. The race covers two complete laps, multiple airtime hills, extreme high-banked turns and exhilarating over/under near misses. A highlight of the ride is an immersive real time “pit stop” designed and produced by world famous West Coast Customs that will provide riders with a racing experience unlike any other.

“Six Flags leads the industry in thrill ride innovation; it is part of our DNA, and we are taking thrills to the next level with the new West Coast Racers,” said Park President, Neal Thurman. “Six Flags Magic Mountain is the undisputed ‘Thrill Capital of the World’ and with this newest coaster, strengthens our position as the ‘Coaster Capital of the World’ with a total of 20 roller coasters — more than any other theme park on the planet.”

To begin their three-minute journey on the unique terrain-hugging track, riders sitting two abreast are loaded onto sleek West Coast Customs-designed coaster cars. Launching around the first lap, riders will experience head-to-head racing with the other cars on the twin track. The first of its kind “pit stop” experience, narrated by West Coast Customs Founder and CEO, Ryan Friedlinghaus, occurs between the two laps and provides riders an exclusive inside look into the West Coast Customs shop.

“We are thrilled to partner with Six Flags Magic Mountain to create this unprecedented new ride,” said Ryan Friedlinghaus, founder and CEO West Coast Customs. "Throughout my career, I have always thought outside of the box and I love being challenged to build things others can't. Talk about the ultimate outside of the box challenge — a West Coast Customs-style roller coaster!”

Ride features include: - A record-breaking four magnetic launches, including a side-by-side first and second race launch;

• Four total inversions, including three zero G rolls and a zero G stall;

• 14 track crossovers and a high-five (where riders can almost high-five guests riding the opposing train), for a total of 30 train interactions (15 per lap);

• Side-by-side airtime hills and overbanked turns; and

• Speeds up to 55 miles-per-hour as riders cross the finish line.
West Coast Racers will be located in a new LA centric urban-themed area where guests will enjoy a high-energy street vibe. Currently located in this area is the popular wooden coaster, Apocalypse, and the Cyclone 500 Go Karts, which will undergo re-theming. New dining, games and retail locations will be added to complete the extensive area renovation. For more information about West Coast Racers and next season at Six Flags Magic Mountain, visit https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/newfor2019

West-Coast-Racers-screen-grab-1-Large.jpg

West-Coast-Racers-screen-grab-2-Large.jpg

West-Coast-Racers-screen-grab-4-Large.jpg

West-Coast-Racers-screen-grab-3-Large.jpg

West-Coast-Racers-Key-Art-1024x579.jpg

It will have comfort collars too :(

Last edited:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ya know...it's decent. It looks like fun, but it's not the flagship coaster we should expect from SFMM. But certainly not bad. It's not Maxx Force, but it's not bad.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I fully expected to wake up and be dissapointed so I'm presently surprised by this. SFMM doesn't have any huge glaring holes in its line-up so it was always going to be difficult to get something unique for the park on the budgets SF now stick to and while this isn't going to be a poster child for the chain it certainly looks fun.

And myself and others will bemoan the use of a crappy IP as advertising it's really nothing different to any number of parks out there sticking things like Pepsi cans around the track or naming your huge wooden coaster after a mobile company.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I might be going to California later this year and I was worried if I did go that I might feel a bit bitter for not being able to ride this new addition for while - safe to say I’m not too bothered.

It looks like a fun coaster, but doesn’t really excite me too much. Maybe at a lot of other parks it would make a good impact on the coaster selection, but at Magic Mountain I just don’t think it has much purpose. Okay, so maybe it’s a little more family-friendly than their other thrill coasters because it never gets too high or does anything really weird, but it would’ve been nice if that’s what they were going for (not 100% convinced it was what they were going for) to at least add something that actually ADDS something to the line-up (even just a little), rather than just a weird blend of their previous two coaster additions. Oh well, the park has more than enough to do anyway that this not being a super impressive coaster isn’t that big of a deal.

Last edited:

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Looks like the duelling will make or break this. Given the state of Twisted Colossus I won't hold my breath.

The snippets we've seen of the layout do look pretty cool, especially the high five and the stall. I think if this was going to a park where two of the most recent investments weren't a full circuit mobius loop dueler and a Premier multi launch coaster there'd be a lot more buzz about this.

Also was expecting to see Matt N commenting bang on 5AM, where are you dude?