What's new

SFFT Next Capital

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Copy of this post from the Dollywood thread to provide some context to the Six Flags discussion. Hixee

ACE have had an online event today which featured a range of industry speakers, thanks to twitter I've picked up a few notable bits of news from it, mostly from @seanbm1976 who has been reporting on it. (https://twitter.com/seanbm1976?s=20).

Some items of note:
  • Working title for Quimera is "America's Dreier Looping"
  • Six Flags Great America have confirmed that they aren't removing any rides (so none of the 15 rides mentioned earlier for removal by the chain)
  • Racer at KI getting lots of track work by Gravity Group
  • Raven at Holiday World getting work done by Gravity Group
  • Zamperla's has sold quite a few of their Nebulaz rides
  • Aquaman at Six Flags over Texas confirmed for 2022 due to addition of turntable
  • Zamperla Spinning mouse for Six Flags Discovery Kingdom for 2021
  • Suggestion that RMC is not "flipping the bill" for Lightning Rod retrack
  • New ride at Dollywood coming from a manufacturer they haven't worked with before
  • RMC working on Blazing Fury
You can see more news at the link but those were the main ones that seemed interesting. I think the event is still ongoing so there may be more information to come.

EDIT: Additional things
  • Thunderhead retracking
  • Mystery Mine reprofilling
  • New tap house at Six Flags Great America with over 20 beers on tap

Last edited by a moderator:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
On another note, it was also confirmed SFFT is also not removing any rides, so I'm starting to think the removals will be from the mid-low tier SF parks.

Also, SFFT is having some kind of 3-day coaster event. This could be interesting! Anyway I think the Dollywood stuff is more interesting, it will be exciting to see what Dollywood have planned for the future. Hopefully the announcements will be relatively soon.

Redicmc

Roller Poster
On another note, it was also confirmed SFFT is also not removing any rides, so I'm starting to think the removals will be from the mid-low tier SF parks.

Also, SFFT is having some kind of 3-day coaster event. This could be interesting! Anyway I think the Dollywood stuff is more interesting, it will be exciting to see what Dollywood have planned for the future. Hopefully the announcements will be relatively soon.
Im sorry if its out of topic about Dollywood but this seriously concerns me. There was supposed to be a coaster capital for SFFT for 2022 which likely got pushed back to 2023 and I was originally speculating the boardwalk to be its location (considering that Pandemonium gets removed). Where did you found the source?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Im sorry if its out of topic about Dollywood but this seriously concerns me. There was supposed to be a coaster capital for SFFT for 2022 which likely got pushed back to 2023 and I was originally speculating the boardwalk to be its location (considering that Pandemonium gets removed). Where did you found the source?
It's literally the same source as everything else, on SIlverArrow's post.

Redicmc

Roller Poster
I have been speculating and decoding this for a while but I would like to know what y'all think.
I've had SFFT as my home park for several years and I always loved the fact that the outstanding team at park management maintains and keeps the park as prosperous and beautiful as possible. I also love the fact that Fiesta actually feels like a "theme park" compared to other SF parks, and how well their rides fit into its themed areas.
The rumor traces back for a while in Spring 2020, where a presentation by the park revealed a teaser for 2021 then the park president saying that 2022 will be a huge year for the park. From then, I have been hyping a large 30th anniversary for a while with speculations, which will be in next year (2022), and thanks to a few anonymous sources that "had" a strong connection with the park, I was able to learn that a third flat after Joker and DDD and a coaster was in the works.
For the location of the coaster, I was originally predicting the plot of land in the park's boardwalk area combined with Pandemonium once it gets removed or relocated. The boardwalk seems pretty dead and it needs a huge crowd pleaser so I do believe it logically makes sense for the new capital to go there that will possibly bring a good CapEx. Yesterday the park confirmed that no rides are leaving, so this is making me to change my speculation. What do y'all think the park is looking forward to?