What's new

SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coaster

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Re: Superman Ultimate Flight, Premier Rides launch coaster,

I bet this'll be like Green Lantern at SFMM where it wasn't ready until July or later. But I do think that once it goes vertical, it'll just fly right up.

Also, about the capacity issue, is there any chance that this thing could have a dual station like Mr. Freeze? Premier did both, and I'm sure Mr. Freeze's double station helps with capacity. They could have one train on the course and one train being unloaded and loaded. Just a thought, though.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

^^I did use google search. I even searched though about 30 pages on TPR's website to see if anything had happend since I saw the picture of the holes in the concret. I thought surly this can't be all what's happend so far. So I asked if there was any new news. And it still looks like nothing has really happend.

EDIT: ^They can't do that due to the type of ride that it is. If you watch the video of it, you can see that the car passes though the station about 2 times before it clears the full circuit, so unless you want a ride that kills people it would be impossible. Hope that helped.

D1993

Hyper Poster

I think you may be mis-understanding ....
they should be able to do a dual loading train system like this .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkwffqkbqAk

See, its one big station, but to increase capacity, the actual places where passengers load and unload are off to the side of the centre .....
then when the train is loaded it slides into the middle and launches. Once complete, it slides back and the passengers unload ....... while this is happening, the other train on the other side is being loaded, to increase capacity and save time .....
They'd have to work out a few new things, but I dont see why it would be impossible .....
It might be harder, because this coaster goes both forward and backwards through the station .....
perhaps having the permanent piece of track for the trains to load on wouldnt be a good idea when the trains are running the course.
Not impossible though.

And on a side note .... this thing is really taking forever!!!

Lofty

CF Legend

Venom2053 said:
^Lol its called google search ;)

To be honest, yes, whilst this is the case, some members might have had pictures that weren't listed on Google, so STFU.

Wow, so, it turns out, BARELY anything ha been done, ha. When was it meant to be opening?

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

^I was mainly referring to the fact that something could have been found through google not that there was nothing new that Cfer's could add...

It was supposed to open in spring 2012, but at the rate that its going up I really doubt it. It will look pretty cool though when its done. Its going to be sitting right at the front of the park near the entrance. The park updated there map to show this.
http://www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdo ... rkmap.aspx

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coa

As has been mentioned I don't see why there is any reason this couldn't have a loading system like Mr Freeze where the 2 loading tracks slide into position, The Stand-up at Yomouri Land has a similar system. It wouldn't affect the launching and station run through either.

I'm not saying it will/won't have this system but it's a possibility. It all comes down to if the park asked for it.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I think they would ask for this system, but honestly, I think the capacity will be okay. SFDK never struck me as a huge, busy park and I don't think the crowds there would be huge. I've never been there, but that's always how I pictured it. I think this will get about an hour wait on opening day, but the hype will soon die down and it will be 30 minutes before you know it.

Also, I've noticed that Six Flags seems to be lagging behind with their 2012 rides. I haven't seen Lex Luthor Drop of Doom even close to ready, and I haven't seen ANYTHING on Iron Wolf being moved. It also took a lot of time to get X-Flight off the ground.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at but depending on what you are asking

1) No I don't know the price
2) Yes if it is too much they won't have asked for it. So it depends if they asked for it as I said.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

^^To Jarrett, SFDK gets absolutely GOBSMACKED. The weird part is that many, many people go just for the animals / marine life shows. When I went, I thought it wasn't busy from the parking lot and how many people were in line for Medusa.

Then the dolphin show let out, and I could barely move.

Rach

Giga Poster

This has started to go vertical now.

DSC_0047.JPG

More can be found here: http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... o-fer.html

And there's this one from SFDK's Facebook site:

545881_10150841334317743_59636827742_11754394_164633459_n.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend

It's about time it started construction. I think this is one of this year's "to watch" Construction progress' topics that I'm more interested in.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Some crazy support-work in there. I agree with Lofty, this is definitely one to keep an eye on.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Please dont tell me they are upto date photos?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

They are the latest photo's on TPR, but im not sure when they were taken.

reddude333

Giga Poster

I like the Superman symbol-shaped station. Although I'm wondering what the final finish will be (obviously not plywood).

oryp

Roller Poster

It's looking good, but i seriously hope they are further along than that! Looks like it'll be a good ride with some decent effort put into the surroundings. SF seems to be trying harder to make their new or relocated rides look nice (Apocalypse, this, etc.).