What's new

SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coaster

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Superman Ultimate Flight, Premier Rides launch coaster,

I don't hate Premier... This would be **** if it was made by anyone.

Xpress

Strata Poster

Ben said:
I don't hate Premier... This would be **** if it was made by anyone.

They don't even have track on sight and you're already putting it down? Don't judge a book by it's cover, reserve your judgement until you ride. It's quite annoying TBH.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: Superman Ultimate Flight, Premier Rides launch coast

-lofty- said:
Intricks said:
Ah. They removed them though, so they at least saw the flaw and heard the complaints (possibly) apparently.

You do realise you're not "Switching between the hideouts'..." on that post. Right?

Yes, that post was made at home, after I had gotten off of work, on the pc. Not trying to make you sound rude, but I was at work for the one post, and it only takes about 35mins total for me to get home, turn on the pc and jump online if necessary.

Switching between the hideouts'...

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

I don't understand why it has to launch you forward and then backwards before launching you forward a third time to complete its circuit. It it launched you forward first and completed a full circuit off that, then the capacity would be significantly better. Not great, but better.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster

bizarrofan10 said:
I don't understand why it has to launch you forward and then backwards before launching you forward a third time to complete its circuit. It it launched you forward first and completed a full circuit off that, then the capacity would be significantly better. Not great, but better.

You would also be on and off in a lot less time too, the longer the better (minus the queues).

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^Simply because the launch isn't powerful enough to send the train around the course from standstill.
Instead it gives it some speed to start with, then boosts it through the course.

Or a launch from standstill all around the course would be too uncomfortable for the riders. Either way, it's done as to spread the launch over two sessions rather than a single mighty push.

Ben

CF Legend

It's just one of the many reasons why this ride is vulgar and offensive.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ vulgar and offensive? really?
We all know the capacity isnt going to be good, but I really doubt thats an even slightly accurate way to describe this ride.
Skywheels and whatnot have just as bad capacities, but theyre still fun rides and this looks alot more fun IMO

Xpress

Strata Poster

Ben said:
It's just one of the many reasons why this ride is vulgar and offensive.

sure. Stop trash talking something that doesn't even exist yet.

Ben

CF Legend

I'd be allowed to praise something that doesn't exist yet, so I'm going to slate it.

Cause it's gonna be awful.

A

Anonymous

A thing just hit me, would it be possible for them tu run a system that is similar to those on Mr. Freeze so that they run 2 trains, it would improve the capacity significantly on this type of ride...

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Yes it would be possible, I dont see why not.

However it didnt look like it would do that in the animation, although of course you dont always set in store 100% by what the animation and cgi's show you.
Maybe with the back and forth launching mechanism, it wouldnt work?
If it was possible, I think they should definetly do that.

Xpress

Strata Poster

D1993 said:
^ Yes it would be possible, I dont see why not.

However it didnt look like it would do that in the animation, although of course you dont always set in store 100% by what the animation and cgi's show you.
Maybe with the back and forth launching mechanism, it wouldnt work?
If it was possible, I think they should definetly do that.

Nothing is impossible. I personally would like to see that system be deployed again. It would certainly improve ride capacity.

Martyn B

CF Legend

If it were to launch it at full speed first time, it would have a good launch, and could make the ride quite fun, but no, it has the same style 'launch' as a Halfpipe, and if you have ridden one, you'll know they dont really do much.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^The only thing about this launching at full speed is that it would have to be pretty fast to get up to speed in pretty much the length of the station. I can't imagine it'd be that easy to make a 0-62mph launch work out down the length of the station. Probably why it accelerates over a few passes.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Yeah only hydraulic coasters get them to the top speed so quickly in a shorter distance.
I doubt this ride would be able to launch it straight to 60mph in that short length.
Flight of Fear reaches 60, but it has that long launch section.
Also maverick is a good example. It uses LSM to reach 70mph, but remember the tunnel is 400 feet long.
So I doubt this ride with the short track length it has would be able to launch it at 60mph in one go.
Even with hydraulic systems it would need a longer track length at the beginning.

Im perfectly happy with it this way though. They really should try and install the same system Mr Freeze uses.

Xpress

Strata Poster

LSMs take time to accelerate a train, thus the 3 passes. The rides that can get the train up to full speed in one go have longer launches.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster

The guys at Premier are certainly more capable of designing rides than we are, and they have most certainly realized that capacity will be horrible and have probably found some way to nerf this problem slightly. But they aren't idiots and just pointing out their mistakes really doesn't do much seeing as if they are building a multi million dollar project, they check their flaws. All of them.

Lofty

CF Legend

dropthefloor93 said:
The guys at Premier are certainly more capable of designing rides than we are, and they have most certainly realized that capacity will be horrible and have probably found some way to nerf this problem slightly. But they aren't idiots and just pointing out their mistakes really doesn't do much seeing as if they are building a multi million dollar project, they check their flaws. All of them.

Yeah, to an extent you're right. But, to be fair, they don't see the capacity as a higher priority such as parks do. I mean, look at X-Car Coasters, their capacity is dire and they still seem to have a lot of them bought up in many, many parks. The manufacturers don't care as much as the parks do, it's that simple.

Martyn B

CF Legend

The guys at Premier are certainly more capable of designing rides than we are, and they have most certainly realized that capacity will be horrible and have probably found some way to nerf this problem slightly.

How could they 'nerf' the problem on this?