What's new

SF:NE or Hershey Park

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Having only been to Hersheypark, the only advice I could offer you would be this: While SFNE has Bizarro, Hersheypark unquestionably has the better overall coaster lineup. Which do you value more?

SoMuchWin

Mega Poster
I would go to Hersheypark if i were you. It's only logical.

spock1.jpg

drzkid64

Roller Poster
Snoo said:
Depends. Which would YOU rather go to?

That's the thing I'm not sure which I rather go to. Do you guys know how long the lines usually are around this time of year.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I went to both recently and I went to SFNE on a Sunday and it wasn't really that bad. Longest wait was for Bizarro obviously but the line is always moving. Hershey I went last Friday and it wasn't really that bad other than Skyrush buy my cousin and I went back to Skyrush at the end of the day and there was only a 10-15 minute wait. I agree with madhjsp Hershey has the better overall lineup than Six Flags. Mostly how the lines are depends on what day you are going. The 27th is a Monday so I dont think it will be that bad.

drzkid64

Roller Poster
CoastingChris50 said:
I went to both recently and I went to SFNE on a Sunday and it wasn't really that bad. Longest wait was for Bizarro obviously but the line is always moving. Hershey I went last Friday and it wasn't really that bad other than Skyrush buy my cousin and I went back to Skyrush at the end of the day and there was only a 10-15 minute wait. I agree with madhjsp Hershey has the better overall lineup than Six Flags. Mostly how the lines are depends on what day you are going. The 27th is a Monday so I dont think it will be that bad.

Thanks man. I decided that I will go to Hershey Park.

andrus

Giga Poster
To me Hershey is the best park, although SFNE was one of (if not the) nicest Six Flags park! Skyrush is the best coaster imo, but both Bizarro and Goliath beats the rest of the coasters at Hersheypark :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Hershey by a million miles. SFNE is Bizarro, now the GIB I guess, and then a whole load of "who gives a ****?"

Awful place.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Be sure to visit the Zoo and Chocolate World, both are free with admission.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
If you go to Hershey, run to SkyRush when the park opens. There is a path to the right of the entrance that is much faster than going to the left (what everyone else does). You can ride twice without waiting. Then go to Fahrenheit (longest lines in park) before a line forms. If it is a hot day, EVERYONE goes to the waterpark, so there are no lines in the amusement park. This is good for you, unless you want to go to the waterpark, in which case, good luck.

Btw, Bizarro > SkyRush

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Don't follow your instincts to run to Skyrush right when it opens but wait for that until around 2pm. Get to the park a bit before opening or right at opening depending on whether you have prepurchased tickets or not. As soon as you are inside the park head straight for Fahrenheit which gets a really long, slow line very quickly. Once you've ridden that you can ride it again depending on the line and then head over to Stormrunner and get your fill of rides in on that. Once You've done Stormrunner hit up Rollersoaker since it has worse capacity than Fahrenheit and then head over Great Bear, Comet and Sooperdooperlooper as they get longer lines towards the middle of the day. Then you can basically just roam the park at your leisure and get the rest of the creds which don't usually have large lines, although the line for Wild Mouse is pretty slow. Definitely ride Lightning Racer at night as it's awesome with the chaser lights and racing/dueling, other good night rides are Stormrunner, Skyrush (a great ride any time), and Great Bear which when I went had a 5 minute line nearer to closing. Also if you are staying the night near Hershey I'd recommend spending Sunday night and using the preview plan to get extra Skyrush rides in.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
^ I'd wait until around 3 to ride Comet, Sooperdooperlooper, and Great Bear because they have 30 min lines until then. After those 3 reride SkyRush as its tough to wait until 3 to ride it. When I went, after running to SkyRush, I got to Fahrenheit 20 minutes after opening and rode twice in a row (line was only 5 minutes). After SkyRush and Fahrenheit, the order doesn't matter. Don't feel the need to then run to Storm Runner because when I went it was a walk on all day.

Hope that helps

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Not been to SF:NE but I can say Hershey is a really great park, and while they don't have Bizarro everything else is better.
And they do have Skyrush :--D

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
SFNE is my home park. Definitely say Hershey. Hershey just has a better selection of coasters. Hershey also has a few great woodies. Holy CRAP! just thinking what they have now Comet, Wildcat, Lightening Racers, Sidewinder, Sooper Dooper Looper, Great Bear, Wild Mouse, Farenheit, Stormrunner, Skyrush, Trailblazer, Roller Soaker (soon to be gone though). Last time I went to Hershey was in 2002.