What's new

Secret Weapon Tags

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I've heard that the three built SW rides at Alton are tagged with their code (Nemesis SW3, Oblivion SW4 and Air SW5).
Is this true and if so, where are the tags located?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I always like to point this fact out when I'm at Alton Towers.

Look at the top of the tower...that's one for the nerds and I love it.
sw4.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
That^ I think the Nemesis one is on the Mushroom tour bus, and there may be one in the tunnel after the loop.

Air, I have no idea.

spicy

Giga Poster
Oblivions the only one I know of shown in the picture above. It is quite a fun fact to know but everyone just thinks you are a geek when you tell them what SW4 means :lol:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Also, what are the letters on Oblivions supports mean? Is there a SW tag on one of them?
Or do all of them say it, it's a while since I saw them?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The shop outside Saw also has a nod to "Project Dylan" which I think is cool. I like little things like that, a nod to the enthusiasts.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Brookes said:
^Why would SW3 be in the air tunnel?

I think he means SW5.

I like having the little nods like this in, it's a quirky way to put in a nod to enthusiasts, like you said.

Nic

Strata Poster
oooh, I'd never noticed that on Oblivion before! That's really cool... in a goony way!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Blaze said:
Also, what are the letters on Oblivions supports mean? Is there a SW tag on one of them?

Most of it is just scientific formula like CO2. Just part of the theme I guess.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Thats kinda cool, I like the attention to detain they put in, and SW3 being the route number for the bus is really clever, even if I dont like the bus, I think its silly putting it there and makes it look comical.
So Air did have a tag, but now doesn't?

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'd seen the Oblivion tag before (it's quite hard to miss), but I didn't know the other rides were tagged. I suppose it's something for me to watch out for next time I'm at Alton.

A

Anonymous

Im not sure if im corect but I think there was some SW5 tags in the tunnels and one in the the station but hidden. Not sure if it was SW5 I saw inside the tunnel.

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
Uncle Arly said:
Blaze said:

Most of it is just scientific formula like CO2. Just part of the theme I guess.

They're not just random. If I remember correctly, they're the actual support numbers that the contractors would have used.

I can't remember- I worked it out when I was there a couple of years ago. I think you get things like L07 which would be left hand supports 7 or perhaps lift support 7. I forget. But their is some reason behind them.