What's new

SWSA | Tidal Surge | Worlds Largest S&S Screamin' Swing

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Oh yeah for sure. Either a Screaming Swing or a Tidal Twister ride. I’m just making an observation. I think Tidal Twister is more likely however since Busch Gardens Tampa is getting a screaming swing in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean a Skywarp? Ohhh boy if SWSA did that there would be some backlash. Especially with the multitude of maintenance problems that the other Skywarps have been having.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Texas its quite large so it would be up the 247km road. But that's still close enough for me to not be all that excited for the PowerSlash especially when they already have Journey to Atlantis.

A water ride in a hot place should have a chance, and Cedar Fair have shown that similar ride types can be successful. We can wait and see but debts with at least 3 manufactures when they are trying to add rides in place of animals wont help.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Texas its quite large so it would be up the 247km road. But that's still close enough for me to not be all that excited for the PowerSlash especially when they already have Journey to Atlantis.

A water ride in a hot place should have a chance, and Cedar Fair have shown that similar ride types can be successful. We can wait and see but debts with at least 3 manufactures when they are trying to add rides in place of animals wont help.
Would you say you wouldn't be that excited if Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Six Flags Great Adventure both got powersplashes? Because they are the same distance as these two parks. Texas just happens to be ****ing massive.

Don't know if you've ever been in Texas in August, but any water ride is welcome, especially if it's a cred. 110 degrees is not uncommon.

Also, ride experience is completely different? So...yeah.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yep. Completely different ride experience in a HOT climate. And don't forget that there are only like four of these in existence - one in the US that isn't even open yet. Plus, if SFNE could justify building two boomerangs next door to each other even though they're dime a dozen, there's no issue building a power splash at the same park with another water coaster from the same manufacturer, 200+ miles away from a clone.

...Or like Hersheypark building a hyper coaster next to an already existing hyper coaster, but that's a discussion for the Hersheypark topic.

emoo

Hyper Poster
By a happy fluke my only visit was in the first week of August, and boy was it hot. Even managed to get sun burnt in the long car journey.

I absolutely would rather be marathoning a PowerSplash right now instead of sweating at home where its half the temperature you mentioned.

It is an interesting comparison about the distances between the parks you mentioned as I was not aware of the similar distances. There is an extra 50 miles between those and they would not always end up in the same road trip so I may see it differently but will mull it over.

A cred that's not a kiddy is always welcomed.

Actually riding one may change my outlook but all that said at the moment I'm not that excited. Still stuck at wondering if/when they pay for this; the shambles that is management, and how deeply they have upset the company's involved.

Also this is far better than any number of boomerangs ever.

tylermhire

Roller Poster
A lien filed against SeaWorld San Antonio reveals that this wasn't going to be an S&S Screamin' Swing; it was going to be a Mack Rides PowerSplash!

did no one notice at the top of the Mack power splash filing it clearly states sea world San Antonio 2022 attraction. So maybe swings for 2021 and power splash for 2022. OR even a looping power splash.

Attachments

• 850F0046-9018-4B21-BDBC-611A05A50997.jpeg
    850F0046-9018-4B21-BDBC-611A05A50997.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 26

Pear

Strata Poster
Screamin Swing is on site now

eui3bsiqgyt61.jpg

3i2sn43qgyt61.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/mtfo25

Last edited:

Redicmc

Roller Poster
Glad that the project is on full swing again. SFFT should now be worried... but I believe competition is always a good thing! Im also glad that they went with a blue color scheme, similar to how they teased the ride about riding the tide. Go vote on https://www.facebook.com/groups/thrillseekersunited1 about your favorite coaster elements at Fiesta Texas, bc it looks like Jeff's already considering to look for new elements for the park's next large coaster:)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
By the shape of the ride's top piece in those photos, I can say with almost 100% confidence that this will be the large 30m model which seats 10-across (40 seats total between both swings), like what Cedar Point and Valleyfair have.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Almost lost in today's flurry of SEAS announcements, Seaworld San Antonio announced the addition of Tidal Surge, which will open in 2022 as the worlds largest S&S screamin' swing! This is a major addition for the park and will bolster an already great lineup.

From what I've seen on Twitter, construction walls have been up since at least June and components are on site, so this project is active and progressing!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
From what I've seen on Twitter, construction walls have been up since at least June and components are on site, so this project is active and progressing!
Yes, but the part of the project we should worry about is the part that happens once construction is over and the bill is presented. :p