What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Pipeline: The Surf Coaster | B&M Surf Coaster | 2023

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I think the scariest thing in this thread is that picture of Alvey from 3 lifetimes ago.
haha didnt have much choice of pictures when it came to Speed Boarder I'm afraid.

I am actually in the minority when it comes to Stand-Ups too. I have loved every one I've ridden. Including Vortex at Carowinds and even didnt find Iron Wolf (or whatever it was called at SFA) that bad, Even enjoyed the Togo one's too. GS and Riddler are both stand out excellent rides in my opinion. But thats just me and no I don't see this Surf Coaster being anything involving stand up.

Still 100% expecting this to be a ride which uses water in someway, no new body position of any kind just a use of water in some way.

Pear

Strata Poster
How do u know?

You can easily tell it's fake just by looking at it, but it's been posted in a few discords today by a user who admitted it was made to trick people. Take a closer look at the wheel assemblies and you can see there's some practicality issues as well.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
According to SeaWorld’s last week conference call, they are thinking of opening their new attractions like iron gwazi and ice breaker next year as their park will be at limited capacity this year. Makes it more likely that this surf coaster will open in 2022

Matt N

CF Legend
I mean, at least it will still be opening! I’d actually say that delaying opening to 2021 is quite a sensible move; I’m sure they would rather have the proper fanfare of a proper opening season for their huge new investments instead of having them being overshadowed by COVID-19 and social distancing!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
According to SeaWorld’s last week conference call, they are thinking of opening their new attractions like iron gwazi and ice breaker next year as their park will be at limited capacity this year. Makes it more likely that this surf coaster will open in 2022
We don't know it will be a Surf Coaster though do we?

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
I mean, at least it will still be opening! I’d actually say that delaying opening to 2021 is quite a sensible move; I’m sure they would rather have the proper fanfare of a proper opening season for their huge new investments instead of having them being overshadowed by COVID-19 and social distancing!
True, but on the other hand people will just be disappointed with the delay. They need their new coasters open this year as it will persuade people to visit their parks. When they’re open, they will need as much attendance as possible to make up for the last few months. Even if their parks are at 50% capacity, that is still a lot of people in their park

Matt N

CF Legend
In a promising piece of news for this project’s status, Dan from Midway Mayhem has said that work walls have now gone back up, after being taken down during the closure:
I don’t know if this means anything, but it implies that they intend to build this coaster at some point in the future!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I have a feeling that this ride was hardly affected by the pandemic from a timing standpoint. Work had hardly begun. Also, please remember that the suggested timing is completely an educated guess. We're no more confident in a Christmas 2020 or sometime in 2021 opening than we are in a 2022 or 2023 opening. We never knew when they plan to open this ride and we aren't any smarter now.

Pear

Strata Poster