What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Ice Breaker | Premier Rides Custom Sky Rocket | 2022

Matt N

CF Legend
Has anyone seen any potential names? The only potential one I've heard is Abyss that was filed by SeaWorld recently, but everyone seems to think that's for SWSA's wooden coaster, so I'm not sure.

This coaster should certainly function as a nice middle-ground family coaster, though! In my opinion, SWO now has a strong enough top 3 that a family coaster is what's needed next; I think SWO's coaster selection is already fantastic, but one thing they lack is a middle-ground coaster between the likes of Mako and the likes of Shamu Express. I suppose they have Journey to Atlantis, but that doesn't have much of a coaster section.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This coaster should certainly function as a nice middle-ground family coaster, though! In my opinion, SWO now has a strong enough top 3 that a family coaster is what's needed next; I think SWO's coaster selection is already fantastic, but one thing they lack is a middle-ground coaster between the likes of Mako and the likes of Shamu Express. I suppose they have Journey to Atlantis, but that doesn't have much of a coaster section.

This.... going to Florida with the family a couple of years ago opened my eyes a lot.
For us Enthusiasts its all about the big exciting rides but going with an 8 year old who likes coasters was almost heart breaking. She wanted to ride but wasn't tall enough for the B&Ms and when you take out the B&Ms in Florida there's not a lot at some parks. The only coasters she could ride at SWO were the junior (which was closed) and Atlantis. And for a park in Orlando the capital of theme parks that's not really good enough.

If this coaster has a lower height requirement it will massively help the park in my opinion. There is a huge gap in mid sized coasters at SWO (and other Orlando parks outside Disney) and I 100% would prefer the park to get a mid sized thrill ride that those who are too young/small to ride the big 3 can enjoy over another huge record breaker they can't.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I kept saying SeaWorld Orlando needed the Skyrocket II more badly than Busch Gardens Tampa Bay did; however, I'm not complaining that there is a brand new custom launch coaster coming to SeaWorld Orlando either.

So...If this is SeaWorld Orlando's take on a family version of West Coast Racers or Full Throttle? I don't mind it! Premier Rides could be up to something good here

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
@Coaster Chall YouTube, Premier Rides' involvement with this project is merely a rumor. It could be a MACK Rides family launch coaster (ala Manta at SeaWorld San Diego), or even an Intamin family launch coaster (ala Wave Breaker at SeaWorld San Antonio) for all we know. I'd love to see Premier Rides try their hand at a modern family launched coaster, however, as their most recent attempt was the Backlot: Stunt Coaster clone back in 2005/2006.

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
@Coaster Chall YouTube, Premier Rides' involvement with this project is merely a rumor.
SeaWorld is pretty open about their new projects within their employees, and since I work with...uh, 10 of them? They all said it was mentioned to be Premier to me a few weeks ago.. along with the multi launch start and reverse spike. That could still be he-said-she-said....the Lemon Shake-Up guy said but I'd almost bet on it. Almost.

SeaWorld also had internal info posted about Infinity Falls, Mako, Penguin, and even Manta, well before public announcements were made... so I'd be pretty confident its gonna be from Premier. (for what its worth Disney tends to do this too.. although sometimes Disney tosses random things seemingly out of the blue) But also SeaWorld (and Disney too...) have a somewhat habit of semi announcing things just to let them sort of fade away. Even after public announcements.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
A reverse spike and swing launch sequence on a Premier coaster?! This should make for one heck of an interesting ride...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
A reverse spike and swing launch sequence on a Premier coaster?! This should make for one heck of an interesting ride...

It should be Premiers 2nd swing launch with Dragon Fire due to open before then. But who knows quite when that will actually open.

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
While it wasn't phrased perfectly on my part it was clear i was replying to the message above which says "A reverse spike and swing launch sequence on a Premier coaster?! This should make for one heck of an interesting ride..."
You must have seen some weird SR2's if they fit that description.

It's like BGW 2020 but manufactured by Premier Rides and it's looking like a shorter layout. Like an extended Sky Rocket II and not the compact model at different parks. Looks amazing though!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I was expecting a bit longer of a layout that would zip across the lagoon like Wave Breaker does, but the swing launch sequence should be an incredibly unique experience.

I was expecting a bit longer of a layout that would zip across the lagoon like Wave Breaker does, but the swing launch sequence should be an incredibly unique experience.
Yh definitely. I also think that this proves that the speculation that Wild Arctic being replaced by a Flying Theatre in around 2/3 years, since it won't replace it now