What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Ice Breaker | Premier Rides Custom Sky Rocket | 2022

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Not aware of there already being a thread for this, but my pardon if there is. This deserves its own thread anyway.

SWO has just filed permits for what will likely be for the 2020 coaster, which was leaked with the rest of the SeaWorld leaks, which all seem to be true:-
I wouldn't expect more than a Wave Breaker-style launch coaster, however I could see it being a multi-launch coaster from a range of different manufacturers.

Lofty

CF Legend
The same day that the info leaked for the other SeaWorld parks (including the correct info for BGW and SWSD), it did for this coaster, too.
Dn3yKHrXcAAtlar.jpg

Doesn't appear to be like Wave Breaker to me.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
The same day that the info leaked for the other SeaWorld parks (including the correct info for BGW and SWSD), it did for this coaster, too.
Dn3yKHrXcAAtlar.jpg

Doesn't appear to be like Wave Breaker to me.
How can they state specific details like speed if they haven't decided it's location?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Looks like Premier trains from that image. Also, this is a question from somebody who knows little about planning, but wouldn't you need to know the location in the park before having a custom coaster designed? I imagine it's different for an off the shelf coaster, though.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Equally, when some parks approach manufacturers for custom coasters, they'll have some specifications (max height, speed, length, etc), but not a fixed location - they may have a few in mind. Manufacturers can then let them know what they can provide and where. So it is possible to have a (planned) speed for a coaster and not a location.

In this situation, though, it is as Lofty describes and simply just aren't announcing where it's going publicly.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I thought that a family launch coaster would be a spectacular fit for SeaWorld Orlando years ago! They are in desperate need of a launch coaster, whereas Busch Gardens Tampa... not so much.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I mean, SeaWorld Parks were the first American park to reignite the flame with Intamin (Wave Breaker & Busch Gardens Williamsburg 2020) so anything is possible in my opinion.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm assuming this will be a family-thrill coaster with no inversions?

I thought it looked like a Premier Rides Sky Rocket considering the picture for the ride looks to use a 3-car Sky Rocket train (and considering this is Sea World, it wouldn't surprise me if this has (un)comfort collars, especially if it does go upside-down).

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Midway Mayhem just did a live stream saying they'll release the layout in the next week.

They also said:

-Premier Rides
-Multi Launch
-Vertical spike
-Top Hat
-Brake run alongside the lake
-Most of the layout over the education pavillions
Interesting. I'd say MM is generally pretty reliable/not about spreading fake news so I wonder how they found out. I guess they are quite well connected.