What's new

SeaWorld Abu Dhabi | Manta | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster | 2023

richardcrete

Mega Poster
(sorry if this thread already exist)
117th First Drop Magazine reveal that SeaWorld Abu Dhabi's 2022 coaster will be a Intamin (not Mack as thought before) Multi-Launch Coaster (LSM Launch Coaster?).

IMG_20210305_131522.jpg
20210305-104611.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I thought we knew this was an Intamin for a while now? Might just be assuming that?
Anyway heres some small snapshots of the ride closer up where you can see some more detail. Interestingly the blueprints of the ride seem quite a bit different to the layout shown in FD. But as always with projects like this its likely the design changed multiple times during planning and these are from last year
View attachment 11259
The turnaround at the end of the world is believed to be outer banked
View attachment 11257
Twisted section of the ride after launch 3 looks a bit different here.
View attachment 11258
out of interest @richardcrete whats the layout below the Abu Dhabi one in the green box? As i mentioned in another thread my copy of FD got delivered the day after i flew to Crete for work (Coincidently considering your user name)

Last edited:

richardcrete

Mega Poster
out of interest @richardcrete whats the layout below the Abu Dhabi one in the green box? As i mentioned in another thread my copy of FD got delivered the day after i flew to Crete for work (Coincidently considering your user name)
It's the Intamin LSM Launch Coaster Turbo Turtle Power (green) and Intamin Spinning Coaster Shredder (purple) layouts for Nickelodeon Universe in China :

20210305_104835.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It's the Intamin LSM Launch Coaster Turbo Turtle Power (green) and Intamin Spinning Coaster Shredder (purple) layouts for Nickelodeon Universe in China :

20210305_104835.jpg

Aha thanks. Thought it might be. As expected first half is just Takibisha with a modified 2nd half. The block brake and Station on the spinner are labeled round the wrong way though. Whoops.

Sorry bit off topic but it's China news 😂😂

mrFacipieri

Roller Poster
I thought we knew this was an Intamin for a while now? Might just be assuming that?

Anyway heres some small snapshots of the ride closer up where you can see some more detail. Interestingly the blueprints of the ride seem quite a bit different to the layout shown in FD. But as always with projects like this its likely the design changed multiple times during planning and these are from last year

View attachment 11259

The turnaround at the end of the world is believed to be outer banked
View attachment 11257

Twisted section of the ride after launch 3 looks a bit different here.
View attachment 11258

Can i have the hd complete blueprint Please?

Christian

Hyper Poster
Not really related to this coaster but why does Intamin sometimes use their old track design (this, Taron, Taiga, etc) and sometimes the new (Pantheon, Velocicoaster, Flying Aces, Hyperion, etc)? Are there advantages/disadvantages to the different track types? Is there any reason for Intamin to have two types of track in the same category?

Would really appreciate an answer.

Enil

Roller Poster
Not really related to this coaster but why does Intamin sometimes use their old track design (this, Taron, Taiga, etc) and sometimes the new (Pantheon, Velocicoaster, Flying Aces, Hyperion, etc)? Are there advantages/disadvantages to the different track types? Is there any reason for Intamin to have two types of track in the same category?

Would really appreciate an answer.
I only know the answer for Taron’s case: although the new track type was available, Phantasialand specifically asked for the older triangular track because it looks more airy and light and they found it to suit Klugheim better.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
I only know the answer for Taron’s case: although the new track type was available, Phantasialand specifically asked for the older triangular track because it looks more airy and light and they found it to suit Klugheim better.
That is for sure interesting, i would guess there are advantages and disadvantages with both and maybe intamin tells the customers that and then gives them the option

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I’m hoping to get down there soon to try and get some proper photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk