What's new

Sea World San Antonio | Texas Stingray | Wooden Coaster

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I'm pretty sure that teaser confirms Abyss as the name. And it's an awestriking one, at that!

On another note, could we be seeing this name also used for SeaWorld Orlando's 2020 project, kind of like how SeaWorld San Diego is using Mako and has already used Manta (which are both the names of different coasters currently at SeaWorld Orlando)?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
^Doubt this will be used for SWO 2020. They have teased an Arctic theme.

In its inaugural video, the camera breaks through the icy waters and dives down into the depths of the ocean (albeit at the end). This is quite similar to SeaWorld San Antonio's teaser video for their new coaster, bar the frosty setting. On the contrary, though, further examination of the video for SeaWorld Orlando's new coaster seems to have some sort of bird-related theme as the camera flies around the Arctic slopes and under natural arches, combined with the caw noises at the end.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
How!? There is no use of the word Abyss.

A lot of people seem to be confusing speculation with rumours, and rumours with fact at the moment (not just this topic).

I'm not saying it won't be called that, but confirmed? No.
I'm quite certain that when the camera dives into the ocean and stops only in the depths, it's leaning towards much more than just an eye-catching animation. Combining this with the blurb "We're going deep in 2020" as the first line that SeaWorld San Antonio Facebook post, I'm strongly confident in my prediction that Abyss will be the name of this brand new coaster.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
To @Kw6sTheater's point, the teaser does suggest that the name will be Abyss based on how the camera dives underwater and into black. Pairing that with the trademark we saw a few months ago, this ride ultimately being named Abyss is plausible.

But to @Peet's point, it's by no means confirmed. This is an issue that we've been seeing quite frequently from fans in this industry - we need to be careful about what knowledge we have and the sources of that knowledge before we call something confirmed.