What's new

SDC/SFSTL/SFGAm/CP/KI/KK/HW-Ending the trip on a high note!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
So the time has finally come. A trip two other people and I have been planning out since February. The trip that will finally take me to Cedar Point and which I will surpass 100 credits. I will be writing this as I am on this trip. Here we go.

Branson, Missouri (May 27th)

oLWiqt7.jpg

We hit the road around noon. The drive to Branson was quite boring and filled with construction, until we got in the Ozark's, which is where the drive got fun. There are quite a few giant downhill and uphill portions, which was really cool. The terrain was gorgeous, however I was driving this portion so I did not take any pictures. We arrived in Branson around 6 and got checked into the hotel. After that, we hit the Branson “strip” and walked around.

GCRRHT5.jpg

The first thing I thought about Branson is how it reminds me of Wisconsin Dells. It has a wacky and unique vibe to it, just like Wisconsin Dells.

GUGX3zo.jpg

We didn’t actually go in here but it looked pretty neat.

6BQYMr7.jpg

hYX9Fot.jpg

Something I noticed about Branson right away- go kart tracks and mini golf courses EVERYWHERE.

OjeBJk4.jpg

WSlXsIw.jpg

ZWO45ZD.jpg

The go kart tracks themselves looked pretty cool, but we skipped on them because the karts at all the tracks looked painfully slow.

USVRE5H.jpg

Their were VW Beetles like this all over the parking lot of this place dedicated to The Beatles. All of them said “Yellow Submarine” on them.

dsU7hxQ.jpg

CFY5AVM.jpg

HfTkKug.jpg

HjIQM7u.jpg

We decided to do Glow in the dark mini golf.

2u6jdwH.jpg

The concept was really cool to me, as I’ve never done glow in the dark mini golf before this, but the holes were pretty easy. Out of the 18 holes, maybe only a quarter of them were somewhat challenging.

8Nfuthd.jpg

After we finished glow in the dark, we did an outdoor one. This one was a tad bit more challenging, but still too easy. After we finished with that, we headed back for the hotel.

CFT2LxM.jpg

Thoughts on Branson? A neat little city with a cool vibe. Some of the people were pretty trailer trash and obnoxious though. While walking, people shouted random stuff at us from their car too many times to count…. It’s Hillbilly Las Vegas.

Silver Dollar City tomorrow! OUTLAW RUN HERE I COME!!!!!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Up the Midwest- SDC/SFSTL/SFGAm/CP/KI/KK/HW

Sounds like you had a pretty nice day. Branson, Pigeon Forge, and Wis. Dells are the 3 main tourist trap cities in America. Hope you have fun on Outlaw Run! :)

Hutch

Strata Poster

That glow in the dark mini golf actually looks pretty neat. Never heard/seen anything like it.

I like how you're writing this as your trip continues, it's fun to see your excitement for what's to come (i.e. Outlaw Run).

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^They're everywhere here in the Midwest. There's at least 5 within 30 minutes from me.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

Ok so it’s midnight, and I’m sitting in a hotel room right now. Here we go.

Silver Dollar City (May 28th)

We woke up around 7:45 AM. Ate breakfast, checked out of the hotel, and then we were out of “downtown” Branson and drove up the hilly roads to the park. When you’re driving to the park, you do not get any views of the roller coasters at all. Due to the terrain, the coasters are hidden away. We got a very brief glimpse of Outlaw Run on the roads, but other than that, we didn’t see anything until we were in the parking lot, when you get a good glimpse of Wildfire.

7jWrmux.jpg

We walked through the front entrance around 8:50.

MC0Yqfk.jpg

tAeA4bA.jpg

When you get inside a park before opening and you have to wait behind ropes….. When they opened it up, we booked it for Outlaw Run.

Yp44qKp.jpg

Qr79629.jpg

I have been waiting for this moment for three years…

upZpel1.jpg

When we got in the station, we were the only ones in their. At first, we thought we were the first train out of the day, but we noticed that one guy was sitting front row on the train on the brake run…. So we were on the second train of the day. First ride, I rode front row.

EXgcLCe.jpg

And wow. That ride was so incredibly fun. We were front row, so the experience wasn’t as intense as back row, but it was still bonkers. The first drop gave me some great floater, and the first inversion (not sure what to call it..) was a weird yet awesome feeling. The two airtime bumps before the over bank were decent with some good ejector… Especially the first one since it banks rights immediately after the pop of ejector, so you get throw around in the seat. The wave turn was freaking awesome, side airtime is fab. Up next was the final airtime hill, which was great just like the former two. And then came the double barrel roll…. Wow that was really fabulous. You go through them pretty slowly, so you do get some great hang time. The second one you especially get air, and it was awesome.

ZCwcalE.jpg

After the front row ride, we immediately ran back in line to ride Outlaw Run were it really shines.

2UQiDFt.jpg

Still no wait…..

O1BT34u.jpg

OK. Back row was **** incredible on this ride. We all know this is obvious, but holy crap. The drop was insane in the back row, and you get thrown around and ejected from the seat so much more than you do in the front. After experiencing it in the back, I decided I like it more than Goliath. Now let me briefly compare the two- Goliath has the better drop, no questions asked. However, Outlaw Run has more to it. Three insane ejector airtime hills rather than just one. The double barrel row. The wave turn. Plus the theming is better. Goliath is still absolutely fantastic, no doubt in my mind, but I did like Outlaw Run a good amount more.

lCSn6sX.jpg

Up next, we went to Wildfire. Like Outlaw Run, there was no wait, so we went front row.

fyVBbV3.jpg

And it was fun! Nothing remarkable, but still an enjoyable experience. Front row actually had some decent forces. Slight rattle, but nothing too noticeable. It is a pretty forgettable ride though, and is over quick. The drop and the Immelmann were my favorite parts of the ride.

NeAYzu4.jpg

WQ77XKZ.jpg

vyrxnEk.jpg

We hoped back in line to ride back row. Front row is for sure the best spot on this ride. In the back, the rattle becomes very noticeable, and the forces were better in the front……

Xvjx6bN.jpg

Up next was Powder Keg. I’d heard good things about this ride, so I was looking forward to it.

C2v3Lea.jpg

a7YeaAo.jpg

Again, no wait. Back row on this one.

221bUkQ.jpg

And it was a solid ride! The launch was very quick and forceful, and the airtime was good. Liked it more than Wildfire I would say. However, those seats are so damn uncomfortable…. We checked the line to see if we could potentially get a front row ride, but the line piled up after we got off, so we headed off for more coasters.

dss5WvU.jpg

Up next was Fire in the Hole.

EetPg74.jpg

No wait…… AGAIN.

And it was meh. Kind of lame and anti climatic, but whatever, +1 (I consider it a cred).

2DKcuKZ.jpg

After that, we headed to Thunderation. When we first got to it, it was closed. Figuring it would open soon, we waited around the area. Watched a neat little magic show.

BJJqlyZ.jpg

It opened up quick. You guessed it….. No line..

6TYRDQL.jpg

We rode front row. It is the probably the best mine train coaster I’ve been on, it was quite fun actually.

emaEYZ1.jpg

Ya’ll know why I’m here.

GMU3q7h.jpg

Damn straight.

6o1Jxqx.jpg

Hey look! A line! For the kiddie coaster! Yep, we waited about 20 minutes for it. We got two rides on Outlaw Run and 1 ride on Wildfire in that same amount of time just soon before…..

NnlEW19.jpg

+1.

After that, we ate some food and sat down for a bit. Right after, we headed for Marvel Cave.

6TttFbY.jpg

bWpAmUJ.jpg

And wow, it’s a site to see, that’s for sure.

YhCsIEl.jpg

(Excuse this blurry pic)

c0hvKW1.jpg

There are so many steps to go down, it was a good workout lol.

dewy3SI.jpg

CNU9xaB.jpg

SMLbqXR.jpg

02UshS8.jpg

The tour guide was very interesting. He said when the cave first became an attraction and was discovered, guests would climb down ladders, and than use giant pairs of overalls to slide on down. No thanks…

dTcoUqk.jpg

hOAnhxf.jpg

It got very tight in some spaces, but that is obvious, being it is a cave….

4nUkR1C.jpg

4OZLhXo.jpg

So pretty.

IvLcWQG.jpg

T9tsAaW.jpg

5YTb33I.jpg

LfEw78k.jpg

WrHeOGM.jpg

KZazEbJ.jpg

UZYh4cE.jpg

2I3ZwgD.jpg

QLHNqsa.jpg

egHkOFK.jpg

ICX2OoW.jpg

Train ride back up to ground level.

ULEPQIn.jpg

2Jet6wF.jpg

Another thing I was looking forward to about this park…………….

yQuvMJ3.jpg

The Cinnamon Bread! Wow it was so amazingly delicious. Best $6.50 I’ve spent in a long time.

deQ7INi.jpg

After that deliciousness, we headed back to play with the beast in the back of the park.

K66wPKc.jpg

How?!?!?!?! Memorial Day weekend Saturday, beautiful day, mid afternoon, and it’s still a less than 10 minute wait for the best ride in the park!!!!! Yes please!

dqWAbvr.jpg

Rode it three more times.

d58A6xR.jpg

G7JXuwk.jpg

After some Outlaw Run bliss, we tried out this weird flat ride thing… Basically you have to pull a rope to get to the top and then it drops you.

We skipped Giant Barn Swing. It was closed when we were by it, and we needed to hit the road soon. I’ll ride the one at Cedar Point.

eev6mhL.jpg

Before we left, we got a quick, walk on, front row ride on Wildfire.

7GvgE6Q.jpg

C2M37Do.jpg

We called it quits around 4 PM as we had to hit the road for the next stop on the trip.

My thoughts on Silver Dollar City? I absolutely love this place. Outlaw Run, Marvel Cave and the Cinnamon Bread are good enough reasons alone for me to come back. The staff were very friendly, and the vibe the park had was neat. There was theming every where throughout the park… This is more so a theme park than it is an amusement park. I’m so glad I was finally able to visit this park, and I definitely want to come back soon. Great park!

Coaster count-
Outlaw Run- 5
Wildfire- 3
Powder Keg- 1
Thunderation- 1
Fire in the Hole- 1
GEC- 1

Six Flags St. Louis and the City Museum up next!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Branson looks hideous, but this park looks amazing! Glad Outlaw Run was everything you hoped it would be! Hope you enjoy St. Louis :)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Good luck navigating St. Louis. But have fun at SF and City Museum!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

Day 3 (May 29th)

Ok so the plan for today was originally to hit up Six Flags St. Louis for a few hours and then go to St. Louis for the City Museum. Plans changed however. Six Flags was absolutely slammed in the parking lot (it was bring a scum for free day), so we decided to skip SFSTL. We’d already been here and I have all the creds so I wasn’t missing out. So we drove from Six Flags all the way to St. Louis, and it is quite a long drive.

We arrived at the City Museum around Noon. There were detours and construction every where, so driving through St. Louis was a pain.

yTOHWsk.jpg

1H4eFxc.jpg

Within 10 minutes of exploring, I knew my knees would hate me after this one. Being 6’1” and 180 pounds, some of the spaces were very difficult to navigate through, and the claustrophobia was real…. Ehhh not really actually, but there are very tight spaces in this place. If you don’t like that kind of stuff, do not come here, you will hate it.

tole8bI.jpg

We were sweating and exhausted within 30 minutes of exploring, but we were having a great time.

wKN4XLQ.jpg

tYPT5Ag.jpg

Hha3N4M.jpg

Qs2nVM8.jpg

b7jdpEA.jpg

The areas outside is where it got really interesting and exciting. Climbing from plane to plane was terrifying yet awesome at the same time. These obstacles shake and rattle around A LOT, so it seemed very sketchy.

GZgXVd5.jpg

llF4bN3.jpg

qjx3SE3.jpg

zgDVbTX.jpg

EiCN1Pz.jpg

That thing was shaking and rattling quite a bit…. Yeah that was pretty scary…

tOsRYml.jpg

We eventually went up to the roof, which costed extra money.

jYWYt4C.jpg

Y3ODd9t.jpg

I didn’t get a picture of it, but from the roof you get a clear view of Edward Jones Dome, former home of the St. Louis Rams who now are based in Los Angeles. I wonder what they will use that big, ugly stadium for now……

0c2FhSG.jpg

Yikes.

BVILarK.jpg

R1WlZZB.jpg

Zxfl7Pw.jpg

dWFXj0v.jpg

We left the City Museum around 2 and hit the road. It was an awesome stop, and I’m glad we skipped Six Flags St. Louis for it. Definitely recommend checking it out if you are in the area.

After a 5 hour drive, we got checked into our hotel in Gurnee. We arrived around 7 PM, and we had time to kill. What better way to kill time in Gurnee than hit up Great America? We got in the park around 8:15 and decided to stay until close.

lCsJCPh.jpg

Hit up Batman first and took advantage of that SRQ. Bypassed a 30 minute wait.

Rj6wbwQ.jpg

Up next was the big, sexy RMC in the back. Oh how I love this ride <3.

We jumped in the SRQ, and turned a 45 minute wait into a 20 minute one about. I got a seat towards the back, so I was happy. Plus it was a night ride, which is always fun.

Now that I had ridden both Outlaw Run and Goliath in a very short time frame, I figured I could compare my thoughts on them accurately and without bias. Now, after riding Goliath tonight, I still like Outlaw Run more. However, like I stated in my SDC report, Goliath has the better drop. Goliath’s drop just seems to last longer, and threw me out more. However, Outlaw Run still is better the whole ride throughout. Again, both coasters are great and hold the gold and silver spots in my top ten, I just like Outlaw Run more, hence why it is my #1 and Goliath is #2.

joTC7I2.jpg

Our last ride of the night was front row on X-Flight. A great firework show went off while we were in line, which was cool. We waited about 40 minutes for this lap.

And…. This ride has a nasty rattle towards the end. The first half was good, however, the second half was noticeably rattly, more so than any other time I have ridden it before.

After X-Flight, the park was closed and all the ride queues were cut off, so we headed back to the hotel.

Up next- Cedar Point!!!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

The City Museum looks fab. My heart is saying yes, but my claustrophobia says no. :(

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

Pink Panther said:
The City Museum looks fab. My heart is saying yes, but my claustrophobia says no. :(
It really is quite fab, but yeah, it is very claustrophobic, which was pretty terrifying at times...... It was fun though and you definitely should try it if you're ever in the area.

Update- Spent yesterday (May 30th) in downtown Chicago. Did not take as many pics as I would have liked, so I won't be writing on that. Spent today (May 31st) all day at Six Flags Great America. Wanted to pick up both the kiddie creds today, I got Sprocket Rockets but Little Dipper was down today. Kind of glad it turned out that way or a kiddie cred would have been my 100th coaster lol. Today was pretty busy, as 20+ busloads of middle schoolers showed up, which is never fun. Whatever though, I got 3 rides on Goliath and at least 1 on every other major coaster in the park except for V2. Also it started raining pretty hard when we were riding front row on Superman.... That hurt.
Coaster count-
Goliath- 3
X-Flight- 1
Raging Bull- 1
Batman- 1
Superman Ultimate Flight- 3 (SRQ FTW)
Demon- 1
SSR- 1
Whizzer- 1
Dark Knight- 1
American Eagle Blue- 1
Viper- 1

Up next- Cedar Point!!!!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

Cedar Point Day 1 (June 1st)

So we checked out of our hotel in Gurnee around 11. Hit the road, and we were off to America’s Roller Coast.

After a long drive, we arrived in Sandusky around 5:30. When I first saw the Cedar Point skyline, I flipped out with excitement. This is finally happening.

Yv8lgS2.jpg

So beautiful!
Gatekeeper is awfully quiet, however Raptor roars like an old school B&M should.

DCTrG6g.jpg

VGy5DlH.jpg

We got our Platinum passes processed, and then we were off! Walking through the front gate for the first time ever was absolutely surreal.

SHA5Qyy.jpg

Headed over to Valravn first thing to check the line. It was long, so we passed on it, for now.

9VxCNpt.jpg

Up first, and also my 100th coaster, Raptor!

IWafxr2.jpg

The new paint job looks great.

7qLqrNy.jpg

And it was fun! We rode front row so the intensity wasn’t out of this world, but it was a very fast paced ride. Pretty smooth also, didn’t notice any rattle at all. We waited about 20 minutes. I like it more than the BTR clones but not more than Patriot. Maybe a back row ride will change my mind, I will do that eventually on this trip.

i3Vxt73.jpg

Up next, Gatekeeper.

sfSguGX.jpg

zLBgtvW.jpg

<3

GnW8fLc.jpg

And it was awesome! I like it more than X-Flight. These wing coasters are not intense, but I love the sensation of flight they give and they’re just plain fun rides. That first drop is awesome and I love all the inversions on this thing! However, X-Flight has the better near miss element. Slight rattle, but nothing awful. Also we rode front row on this ride. 10 minute wait.

p4ZcDWH.jpg

Up next, TOP THRILL DRAGSTER.

2hYhjDC.jpg

We waited for front row. However, no surprise really, it broke down when we were in line. It was down about 20 minutes. Many people left the line, so there was no wait in the queue. We got loaded and we were off.

OHH MY GOD. That launch is so incredible. So powerful and quick, nothing like I have ever experienced. Also, we ALMOST got a rollback. I could feel it, I seriously thought we were going to get it. After we got off, a lot of riders were yelling how we were so close to a rollback, and a ride operator told us how he seriously thought it was going to be a rollback. Oh well. After we were done, it was 7:58. Park closed at 8. We booked it around the plaza, and hoped back in line to get one more ride. No wait, and we literally just walked on. Pure bliss. Two rides in 5 minutes. It was a very good first 2 hours at the Point. TTD I decided is my new #3. That launch is absolutely breathtaking, yes please.

First impressions on this park? These next two days are going to be very fun. The park has quick operations, which is always nice.

Stay tuned for more Cedar Point from me!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Re: Up the Midwest- SDC/SFSTL/SFGAm/CP/KI/KK/HW- Cedar Point

Alright, so we got our two days at Cedar Point in. I got every cred in the park apart from Wilderness Run, plus re rides on the major coasters, so I have my opinions on everything and the park as a whole. Visited on Thursday, June 2nd, and Friday, June 3rd. Sorry this is a bit late… This whole trip has been long and very tiring, and I’m finally getting a chance to sit down and write this without being exhausted and wanting to fall asleep. Here we go!

Kl4I6rN.jpg

We stayed in Sandcastle Suites, which I thought was very overpriced for what it was. The room was just mediocre, nothing terrible, but nothing spectacular. Anyways, we used the Hotel Breakers entrance both days to get in for early entry (staying on site didn’t matter for early entry since we have Platinum passes which include the early entry anyways). The walk from Sandcastle Suites to the Hotel Breakers park entrance is quite a lengthy walk… Not that bad in the morning, but at the end of the day, when you’ve walked 15 miles all day trekking from coaster to coaster, it is a tad annoying. Nothing they can do about that I guess, it was more so my fault because I could’ve used the entrance near Magnum.

xRYUTo7.jpg

The line to get in for early entry was long both days. The first day it took forever to get in. We didn’t get in until around 9:20. By then, Valravn had already acquired a decent queue, even for early entry. Speaking of which….

OBRzlGp.jpg

We went here first during early entry for both days. Had a long line our whole stay.

UcIaOwR.jpg

Quite a photogenic and beautiful ride. There is not much netting at all really, so trains fly over your head like it’s nothing. Nice.

AwtFSqq.jpg

Both times for early entry, I got front row. Awesome stuff (ehh luck I guess).

yMzhv75.jpg

My opinion on the ride? A fun, graceful ride, that I found very enjoyable, but not too intense or thrilling. It’s as smooth as any brand spanking new Beemer should be. You get an incredible view at the top, truly spectacular. The step up under-flip zero g roll thing was easily my favorite element on the ride. The airtime hill gave some OK airtime, but nothing really remarkable. This thing is a people eater for sure though, and Cedar Point did a great job with operations on this one. They have a monitor in the station that shows all the seats, which ones are good to go and which ones aren’t, and how long the train has been parked in the station. The average time I noticed was about 70 seconds, so they were booking it. Great job Valravn crew.

K1YRVxs.jpg

So beautiful….

IjmXUBE.jpg

After Valravn, was a coaster I have been so excited yet so skeptical about for a long time. Millennium Force. First ride on it, I was a bit underwhelmed. But it was still a very fun and awesome ride. The airtime is pretty good, and it is a fast ride. However, I rode it at least 4 more times during the trip, and it grew on me quite a bit. Got a front row and a night ride on it, and boy each of those were awesome. The little hump before the station surprised me, as it provided some pretty awesome ejector air, didn’t see that coming to be honest. Also, I did grey out at the bottom of the first drop and first overbanked turn, twice. Not sure if that was the coaster or the fact that I didn’t drink much water or each much food the day that happened. Either way, it happened, so I guess it counts. However, this coaster is not the best steel coaster in the world. It is still an amazing ride that is in my top 10, but like a whole lot of people, I feel it is overrated. Still a great coaster nonetheless.

0UAER9c.jpg

5mP3Vh1.jpg

Maverick was a coaster I had heard nothing but great reception about, so I was looking forward to it quite a bit.

aFY1cEg.jpg

I got 4 total rides on it. 2 front, 2 back. Boy, this coaster is freaking incredible. The first drop, although it is short, is one of the best first drops I’ve experienced, so much air. The ride is very intense, and it throws you around so much with the low to the ground, rapid and quick turns. The launch is very smooth, actually the WHOLE coaster is butter smooth. Had the ability to get a night ride on it, and it is even more fun! I absolutely love this ride, and I am really tempted to give it my #2 spot, moving Goliath to #3. I’ll have to think about it, but man it is tough. Also, on one of my rides on Maverick, the ride broke down, while I was on the brake run. Those restraints are pretty painful after being stuck there for 30 minutes. But it was all good, because I was given this-

xO8A36F.jpg

I used it to get a third ride on Valravn, this time I got a back seat ride.

7L4RJ1N.jpg

uCStaJM.jpg

Sometimes on trips like these, you have to suck it up and just get the credit…. Yeah **** Mean Streak. This ride was absolutely atrocious. One of the worst roller coasters I have ever ridden. I was in the third row, and this thing still managed to screw me up. My back was **** for the next two hours after riding this. Also, it’s such a boring and pointless roller coaster with nothing but a bunch of dumb turns. Cedar Point, please either A. call RMC and build the tallest and fastest hybrid coaster in the world (something to market) or B. burn this piece of **** to the ground and build an actually enjoyable wooden roller coaster. This ride takes up so much space, and is so unpopular and pointless.

EQzSFuX.jpg

BURN IT DOWN.

dRnB8Ym.jpg

Cedar Creek Mine Ride was a pretty damn lame ride, even for a “mine train” coaster. Whatever, +1.

KnQyJJF.jpg

Time to be a whore.

RIkEOP2.jpg

OMG THAT WAS SO INTENSE SLKFSHFPJDFLJLSDFJKL!!!

2KBYzGQ.jpg

Gemini was an enjoyable coaster with some good bits of airtime. Got both sides, so +2. Also I liked how close the two tracks are together. Easy to high five riders on the other track, although I’m sure Cedar Point doesn’t want people to be doing this….

SPURsXO.jpg

The coaster that started the Coaster Wars itself. Magnum XL-200.

UktnZHP.jpg

We sat in the famous ejector seat (3rd row), and boy is it insane. I personally found it not enjoyable, as the airtime was actually kind of painful, because those restraints blow ass. Rode it in the back row later on. I loved the lake view that this ride provided.

CuiI5t1.jpg

I had heard bad things about Corkscrew, so I wasn’t really excited, just wanted the cred.
And honestly it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. However we were in the front row, so maybe that has some effect. It was shaky, no question, but I didn’t find it unbearably rough.

eVPTAsX.jpg

Wicked Twister was up next. Never really cared for these Intamin Impulses, but I do find them enjoyable. Also, I know it is the ride itself, but I love the “scream” noise the ride makes when it launches. Kind of adds an effect I guess. Anyways, even though this is the tallest and fastest Impulse, I do like Steel Venom better because it has a holding brake.

zZI7wjE.jpg

Blue Streak I had constantly heard was very underrated with some good airtime. Now being completely honest, it was a letdown. Not like I had much hype for it, but I just found it boring and it didn’t give really any airtime at all.

hGf0jxb.jpg

Up next, Not Mantis! Actually Rougarou. My bad, I guess.

c1WAAe6.jpg

It was my first floorless coaster. And it was decent I guess. The first half is fun, but after the MCBR, it goes downhill. Gets pretty rough afterwards and the head banging is there for sure. My least favorite Beemer in the park.

EKs2SeT.jpg

The last credit I needed, Iron Dragon. It was my first Arrow Suspended coaster. It’s a pretty damn boring and uneventful ride, however it was nice to just relax and settle down on a relaxing, forceless coaster. Those cars are roomy but those seats are uncomfortable.

So now that I’ve wrote about all the coasters, I’ll briefly talk about the flat rides. I didn’t get any pictures of any of the flats, but I did ride all the big ones.

MaxAir- This ride was really fun. Honestly I was always kind of nervous about these Giant Frisbees, but riding one for the first time made me realize that they’re more relaxing and graceful than thrilling. That’s just me though. It gave some pretty good air.

Windseeker- I loved this one. I’ve ridden the one at WoF, but this one I enjoyed a lot more, being that is right by the beach and you get magnificent views of the lake, beach and the rest of the park. Relaxing ride.

Skyhawk- I’ve been on the S&S Swing at Valleyfair, so this wasn’t anything new to me. Fun ride that provided good air.

Power Tower- Typical S&S Drop Tower. Nothing special.

So now that I have talked about all the roller coasters, here are some nice pictures I took while in the park.

1gvmNpA.jpg

aaszvIV.jpg

The Hotel Breakers beach at night was really fun and enjoyable. They had Game 1 of the NBA Finals playing on a giant inflatable projector screen on the beach. Awesome sauce. Also, they have light up frisbees, footballs and soccer balls which made for some fun and competitive on the beach sports.

VRdHIpv.jpg

idVsQb6.jpg

Ducks were everywhere near Sandcastle Suites.

j0R5RuA.jpg

Brew and BBQ was going on, so we had some good BBQ. I’m not 21 so the alcohol and brews I didn’t have any so I can’t speak on that matter. The BBQ was OK, living near Kansas City, I obviously had some of the KC BBQ. It was pretty good, the BBQ sauce tasted heavenly.

0kY6Hba.jpg

Valravn is absolutely massive in person.

P2uWWCE.jpg

S9OUuzT.jpg

The immelmann is absolutely MASSIVE.

NPX50vQ.jpg

gbop8Y0.jpg

kr832yk.jpg

Millennium is absolutely gorgeous all lit up at night. So pretty…

kzR8Noa.jpg

Drove on Perimeter Road and got out of the car to take this shot.

aP0WQAy.jpg

Leaving Cedar Point was definitely a challenge. Even though it is 16 hours away from where I live, I will be back for sure at some point or another. I got every credit (minus Wilderness Run for obvious reasons) plus rerides on most of them. On some of the main coasters, I got too many laps to count on them in the 3 days that I was there, so that’s good I guess.

FTnUQxS.jpg

(posted this picture on my Instagram)

So my final thoughts on the Roller Coaster Capital of the World? It was a surreal experience that I will not soon forget. I will miss this place a lot, but I will be back soon. So many quality roller coasters, it really is an incredible park. I had been waiting to visit this park for a LONG time, and it for sure lived up to the expectations and hype. Call me a basic bitch if you must, but it is my favorite park I have visited, no questions in my mind.

Stay tuned for reports on Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World! Got Holiday World tomorrow and then this trip is done.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Nice! You've made me really want to visit now :p How would you rank the coasters in the park?

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

Pink Panther said:
Nice! You've made me really want to visit now :p How would you rank the coasters in the park?
It's tough, especially for the 4 Beemers in the park but,
IMO-
1. Maverick
2. TTD
3. Millennium Force
4. Valravn
5. Raptor
6. Gatekeeper
7. Magnum
8. Rougarou
9. Gemini
10. Wicked Twister
11. Bluestreak
12. Corkscrew
13. Iron Dragon
14. Cedar Creek Mine Ride
15. Woodstock Express

100000. Mean Streak

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Re: Up the Midwest- SDC/SFSTL/SFGAm/CP/KI/KK/HW!

Alright so I’m finally finishing up this report. Sorry guys, I’ve kind of a procrastinator. Oh well, here’s Kings Island!

84eOcy7.jpg

We where here for 1 hour on Saturday, June 4th, 2 hours on Sunday June 5th, and all day on Monday. Got every credit in the park (except GPC) and resides on the big ones. It’s been a while since we went, so I don’t remember the order of what we did, so I’ll just play it by ear.

qQwcgmG.jpg

Right at the front of the park is Invertigo. The entrance is kind of tucked away, so you have to walk a bit to get to it from the entrance of the park, but it is the first coaster you see.

yMk6dSg.jpg

We waited about 20 minutes for this, and it was just OK. Nothing remarkable, but not rough or anything. Certainly better than the normal Vekoma Boomerangs. We only rode it once the whole trip, so that is that.

hRdkFWy.jpg

I love this sign so much.

We rode Banshee quite a few times our time here, more than me to be able to remember the exact number of times. My first ride on it, was in the front row. Honestly, on my first ride, I was a bit let down. In the front row, it seemed to kinda go through the elements really slow with not much force or power. However, we got back seat rides, and it is more fun there. In the back seat, there is some pretty nice forces, and it is just a more enjoyable experience. The last inversion is awesome no matter where you sit though, it gives some nice hang time. One thing that happened to me several times while riding it, was the restraints tightened after the dive loop…. Don’t know if anyone else has experienced this or not, but that was kind of annoying. Didn’t really notice too much rattle on this one, but it was there. After riding it a lot, I decided it is my favorite invert, and gets a spot in my top 10, FOR NOW. Maybe once I process it some more, my opinion will change. Maybe.

7HA2vN6.jpg

Also, I love the Banshee scream before the drop, and this thing looks wicked at night.

nQ5uwo1.jpg

The other Arrow Suspended coaster in Ohio, The Bat.

YKbjV1x.jpg

Like it’s sibling at Cedar Point, it is a pretty boring ride with not much to it. Relaxing, but boring. It is the better Suspended coaster in Ohio though, this ride had more to it I thought.

l2QJ6Os.jpg

IDh9UxZ.jpg

Forgot to take a picture of Adventure Express’s sign, so here is a picture of where I sat. And this ride is pretty bad. Pretty freaking rough for a damn mine train coaster, and don’t even get me started on that second lift hill. That seriously infuriated me so much. All that awesome theming (for Cedar Fair at least) just to lead into the station? C’mon man. Rode it once and that was it.

wUFZj7q.jpg

Nabbed both sides of Racer also… It’s alright… American Eagle is better.

237NdVG.jpg

(another credit I forgot to take pictures of…. opps)
Firehawk was honestly a huge surprise… I really enjoyed this ride, it is a really good coaster…… For Vekoma standards that is. I love flying coasters and this was no exception. On this, I definitely felt less secure than in the B&M flyers, which was both awesome and terrifying. The lift hill is extremely annoying, loud and slow, plus it sucks looking up at the sky. Luckily both times I rode it, it was night or early evening so the sun was not out. Also, I don’t understand why this has a dual loading station….

H5pGQlY.jpg

*Insert pictures I didn’t take of Flight of Fear here*

Flight of Fear had some great theming in the queue, and the station was pretty neat. The ride was kinda lame though, the launch was boring and not too quick. But again I had recently rode Powder Keg, TTD and Maverick….

wcBBe0j.jpg

Hey look, I finally took a picture of a sign!

a255okd.jpg

And it was actually not too shabby…. Still rough, but not as bad as some people have suggested. The inversions are fast paced and back to back so it was pretty intense. Nothing rememberable though.

8pKTjqU.jpg

Backlot Stunt Coaster was a really cool little family coaster…. The theming again was pretty good, and it was just and enjoyable ride. The fire was actually working, and it was working the whole time I was there!

70zUklZ.jpg

Gotta get the cred!

WmhUzOI.jpg

Gotta get the cred part 2!

xf7NeP0.jpg

Love.

gaQAz7h.jpg

Diamondback is beautiful!

vgKPvar.jpg

AXeTprv.jpg

I love the roar it makes when it plummets down the first drop and you’re right under it…

JIYXhks.jpg

So what did I think of it? I know this hyper has been getting a lot of hate recently, but I seriously enjoyed this thing. There was airtime throughout and it was a long and fun ride. The first drop is great and so are all the airtime bumps. My favorite hyper coaster, although that may not be saying much….. Also, I’m not a big fan of the staggered seating design trains… Seems like it slows the trains down a bit and it would be faster with normal B&M hyper trains.

fe09DGG.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the Beast’s sign.. Silly me.

AND OK. This ride is SWEET. Going so fast through the woods is insane, and you feel so secluded out there. One of my favorite woodies for sure. And of course I got a night ride on it.. Two actually. Just wow. That is absolute roller coaster bliss, riding this at night. You can’t see ****, and when you go into the tunnels, it surprises you because you don’t see it coming, the roar of the train and screams of the riders are amplified in those tunnels and it is just a great experience. Also, my first ride on this thing was a night ride, so I had no idea about the ride except for the POVs I watched a week before. Yes please, this ride is **** sweet. If you come to Kings Island, YOU HAVE TO RIDE THIS AT NIGHT. HAVE TO.

Thoughts on Kings Island? This is a pretty good park. They’ve got a very good top 3, and being completely honest, they are all so close in my coaster rankings, it is hard to rank them against each other. I’m sure if this was my home park, my opinions would change frequently. It was tough but I like Banshee the best. Lines were the longest of the whole trip here surprisingly… 45 minutes for Firehawk on one of our laps and 45 minutes on Diamondback for 2 of our laps. Banshee’s line moved quickly the whole time. I had a fun time at this park, and will definitely make it back here the next time I take a trek to Cedar Point.

Up next, Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World…. I’ll try not to procrastinate it so much this time!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Re: Up the Midwest- SDC/SFSTL/SFGAm/CP/KI/KK/HW-Kings Island

Kentucky Kingdom

We left Mason, Ohio early afternoon on June 7th. Arrived in Louisville mid day.

Ok, so the people I went on this trip with are not exactly what we would call roller coaster enthusiasts, so by this point in the trip, they were done with roller coasters. So they dropped me off at Kentucky Kingdom while they went off to the Louisville Slugger Museum.

IAU10dM.jpg

I got the out of state 2 day ticket. Even though I would only be there for a few hours, let alone two days, I got this deal because it is cheaper than the normal tickets. It was quite a good deal. If I remember correctly, it was around $30. Oh, and free soda, which doesn’t apply to me since I’ve never liked soda but I’m sure there is a lot of people who would find this really convenient.

I apologize for the small amount of pictures…. I drained my battery on the car ride and completely forgot to charge it at the same time.. Needed to conserve battery to be able to make contact with my travel buddies and figure a time when we’d meet back up.

nDYdJte.jpg

First ride of the day, Lightning Run!

n7BKl3y.jpg

cf9QTIw.jpg

7o54dhX.jpg

And it is quite fab. This thing has ejector airtime all through out, and really throws you around. Very fun and enjoyable ride. The drop is small but packs a great punch. It definitely reminds me of an RMC. The restraints, the steep drop, the ejector air, weird banks and turns and a short ride time are all similarities this shares with many RMC coasters. Definitely one of the biggest surprises of the trip. I knew it would be good, but it was a lot better than I was expecting. Loved it. Rode it back row.

So64QMP.jpg

(this was the only picture I took of Thunder Run)

After Lightning Run, I did Thunder Run.

And it’s nothing special. Very mediocre, and not really all too enjoyable. It was kind of rough with no airtime at all really. 1 train operation and slow boarding made for an annoying 30 minute wait baking in the sun.

wdf3nYh.jpg

Up next was the new RMC sex machine in the back of the park.

jnk85m9.jpg

And oh boy, it’s great. The first “drop” really is fun and doesn’t feel too inversion like honestly. The first airtime hill really rips you from your seat and provides great ejector. From there, it’s just a bunch of insane back to back elements that throw you all around like we’re used to seeing on these beauties courtesy of Alan Schilke and the RMC team. This thing is great and doesn’t let up until the end. Also, this thing really roars, more so than any other RMC I’ve seen. Fits the “storm” theme quite well actually. I rode it back row. Unfortunately, it was running only one train, but operations were quick. 20 minute wait. Strongly deserves my #4 spot.

N8rkkL5.jpg

Time for some Vekoma SLC punishment on T3!

yP1zCI2.jpg

Yeah, it’s **** **** as absolute ****. This vile piece of **** is so unenjoyable and unbearable, I regret waiting in the 40 minute wait I waited in just to get the cred. So damn **** rough and unenjoyable, it screwed my back and thighs up. This thing sucks. Also, the operations were absolutely TERRIBLE on this. One train operations, and the dispatch times were AWFUL. I timed 7 minutes between dispatches while waiting in line. 7 MINUTES!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! I can run a **** mile faster than this thing and the operators took to dispatch one train, and load and dispatch the next train. Horrendous. Not to mention, there was trashy 14 year old looking pricks in line yelling vulgar and sexual comments and phrases with kids around. I about **** snapped, because no one, let alone parents with their little children around, wants to hear you yelling about how you sent inappropriate body pictures to your underage girlfriend. True story, two groups of these hillbilly teens were shouting that stuff. Learn some common decency and respect you **** heads.

Phew. I got that out of my system. The queue for T3 was easily the worst experience of the whole trip for me.

9A6WyyC.jpg

Cred whore!

6YrCO8g.jpg

Pretty good kiddie coaster.

LtdbQ03.jpg

After T3 and Roller Skater, I went back to Storm Chaser and got a second and final ride on it. Back row of course, because it’s an RMC and the back is the place to be on these blissful structures. After that, I went back to the front and got my final ride at Kentucky Kingdom, another back row spin on Lightning Run. Fab again of course.

After that, my travel buddies picked me up and we hit the road. I only had about 3 hours in the park, and since the operations were pretty terrible, I wasn’t able to do any flats or any of the water park. Lightning Run and Storm Chaser were the only coasters I got rerides on, as they were the only two that I cared to get multiple rides on.

5CJPVrK.jpg

Thoughts on Kentucky Kingdom? I found it very mediocre and meh. Operations were pretty damn bad, and 1 train operation is annoying as hell. Lightning Run was the only coaster running two trains. Storm Chaser, there brand new thrill coaster was only running one. C’mon man, you guys should know better than that. Don’t even get me started on T3 and the experience with that ride as a whole.

This park definitely has some potential, but the operations need to improve.

Up next- Holiday World!

S

SimonSays99

Re: SDC/SFSTL/SFGAm/CP/KI/KK/HW-Kentucky Mediocrity

Nice to see you are in agreement with my KK opinion. Last year there were only two coasters and both were fab but the whole operations and service leaves very much to be desired. I was there offseason at a weekday and waited for Lightning Run 40 minutes - do not want to think what lines will look like on a busy holiday weekend.

KK so far is one out of two parks I will not do again no matter what kind of ride or coaster they will add in the future - unless they sell the park and replace the whole staff.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

SimonSays99 said:
Nice to see you are in agreement with my KK opinion. Last year there were only two coasters and both were fab but the whole operations and service leaves very much to be desired. I was there offseason at a weekday and waited for Lightning Run 40 minutes - do not want to think what lines will look like on a busy holiday weekend.

KK so far is one out of two parks I will not do again no matter what kind of ride or coaster they will add in the future - unless they sell the park and replace the whole staff.
We had the opposite experience to be honest, or at least in my opinion.

Putting to one side the fact that we were given ERT and discounted entry (which further increased my enjoyment of the park), I didn't find KK to be badly run at all, and staff were just as friendly as any other park. We probably waited about 10-15 minutes for Lightning Run, and the park was reasonably busy (think the very hot temperatures meant a lot of people had headed to the water park, but the park wasn't dead by any means). Their operations weren't the fastest, but they weren't awful.

Only thing that bothered me was T3, that was vile. :lol:

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

Holiday World

Here is my final park visit report on this trip report! I went to Holiday World on June 8th. It was a sad day, because it was the last park of the whole, amazing trip. I made sure to have as much fun as possible to end the trip on a high note, and I did!

YHeogcw.jpg

This park is in the absolute middle of nowhere to be honest… We could not find any decent and/or cheap hotels close to the park, so the hotel we stayed at was literally about 45 minutes away. It was cool though, because there was a Chick Fil A literally 200 feet from the hotel entrance, which was a blessing. Ate there about 4 times in the 2 night stay we were there. Yeah….

Again, I did this park alone, as my travel buddies were done with roller coasters. I arrived right before opening.

aqDLqAi.jpg

I’ll see you soon!

nP0ilVD.jpg

The anxious crowd waits for the ropes to be dropped.

nIah2X4.jpg

Bolted straight to Thanksgiving. This area is very hilly and takes some effort to get around.

3LCeunc.jpg

Voyage wasn’t open right away, so I headed up the hill for Thunderbird! There was practically no one at the ride yet, so it was an easy walk on.

15ZBskg.jpg

Front left for my first ride!

nqlqu7H.jpg

And wow it was awesome! The launch is fun and powerful, the inversions are great, especially the zero g roll which has a great snap for a wing rider, and this thing just flies through the course faster than any other wing coaster I’ve been on! The near miss element is great as is the theming, and this thing just all around rocked! Definitely my favorite wing coaster.

After my first ride, I got another ride on it before heading to Voyage.

KIZWiTc.jpg

This thing is MASSIVE in person.

hppPOpx.jpg

Here we go!

4l7mBxQ.jpg

And it was really really good! However, I was just A BIT let down, it was still an incredible ride and is my #5, but I thought it would’ve been better. It is a bit rough and violent around the edges, and the airtime wasn’t as insane I was hoping the first time I rode it. I was stapled in pretty good, so that is probably why. During my rerides, I didn’t get stapled in as badly and that is when this thing got really good. Airtime all over the place, and it really throws you around and flies through the course. The MCBR does kick pretty hard, but the triple down is pretty good in the back. Front row on this is pretty great as well. Not rough or violent at all in the front, but not as much airtime.

xNrAF9f.jpg

Up next was the recently retracted Legend.

VKzoxUL.jpg

This was the longest queue of the day, I waited about 30 minutes.

85tDeFe.jpg

And it was actually really good! The coaster was decently smooth being completely honest, and it had some great laterals! Thumbs up!

1r5TpNA.jpg

Raven up next!

5XCyd7g.jpg

No wait!

mm5cWoi.jpg

Like the other two woodies in this park, it was great! Quite a bit of ejector airtime all through out and it was really fun! I never watched a POV on this one, so one of the drops completely caught me off guard and that was fantastic. Rode it back to back, as there was no one in line when we got back in the station so I was able to stay in my seat. Fabulous!

gZMBd3d.jpg

Now that all the major creds were done, it was time to be a whore again.

qHH278r.jpg

It’s not good… Pretty jerky for a kid coaster. Whatever, it’s a +1.

yMEYs8L.jpg

For lunch, I tried the Hot Diggity Dog. Not healthy in any way shape or form, but man it is SOOOOO good. Honestly though, they put on a bit too much barbecue sauce and cheese, it was pouring all my hand when I was trying to eat it!

UrpWzpC.jpg

After lunch, I headed back to Thanksgiving to try out Gobbler Getaway!

GVzpCuF.jpg

This is what nightmares are made of.

It was a pretty good dark ride shooter! Definitely better than Boo Blasters at Kings Island, that was terrible.

After that, I spent a bunch of time getting plenty of re rides on Voyage and Thunderbird.... Also got one re ride on Legend.

1pGEWkn.jpg

Voyage was down A LOT when I was there.

OTs3ENe.jpg

7OE23iU.jpg

0iIOh4C.jpg

I love this shot!

9OjkEtw.jpg

<3

TetcE3M.jpg

After a while, I went into Splashin Safari to check out the two award winning water coasters.

They were both really awesome! Definitely the best water “slides” I’ve been on, great stuff!

After the water park, I got one final ride on Voyage and that was it. The awesome vacation of roller coasters was done :( . Such a sad moment.

Thoughts on Holiday World? This park was really amazing! The staff were nice, the operations were quick (take notes Kentucky Kingdom) and the coaster lineup is great! This was great park to end the trip on.

In conclusion, this 2 week trip was an absolute blast. I picked up so many new creds and favorite coasters and was finally able to get to Cedar Point. 3 weeks later and I’m still sad that it is over. Oh well, I still have some potential travel to do soon (SFFT and SWSA)! I’m already trying to brainstorm what big major coaster road trip I want to do next summer…. Thinking California or East Coast maybe!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: SDC/SFSTL/SFGAm/CP/KI/KK/HW-Ending the trip on a high no

It's really scary how similar our days were at HW. If you read my TR, it's practically the same.

Glad you liked Holiday World. One of my favorites for sure!