What's new

Scariest moments

Kata1

Roller Poster
I think the first time I went on Diamondback. I never really liked coaster's all my life, but, when I went to Kings Island with some of my friends, they forced me to ride it! It was the lift hill. That was the worst part. I never rode a coaster higher than 150ish feet before. But, I was glad that they did force me to ride it, because it showed me how awesome coasters really are.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Climbing the hill on Goliath yesterday I was bricking it, too bad the rest of the ride was slightly gash.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Dragster was pretty intense, but what was more frightening was Demon Drop, I thought that was going to fall over at any minute.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just returned from SFMM for the day, and would like to revise my answer to X2's lift hill at night. Holy ****.

Oh, for whoever said Steeplechase, I second that. The single rail thing was really odd and I just kept feeling like I was going to fall off. But it's such good fun. Another scary thing about Steeplechase is that when you're wearing shorts and no underwear and try to mount the horse with ride ops watching you... Haha.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I broke down on Oblivion last wednesday, just before the tilt section, that part freaks me out enough alone never mind being stuck there. I knew it was completely safe, but the anticipation for that drop was worsened by a long shot...

RCF

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Oh, for whoever said Steeplechase, I second that. The single rail thing was really odd and I just kept feeling like I was going to fall off. But it's such good fun. Another scary thing about Steeplechase is that when you're wearing shorts and no underwear and try to mount the horse with ride ops watching you... Haha.

Nothing but class :wink:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
RCF said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:

Nothing but class :wink:

It's a "when in Rome thing"... ;)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Getting fastened in and rolling up to the launch track during my first ride on TTD was the last time I can think of that I was genuinely freaked out by what I was about to experience. Knowing what to expect on KK a few years later, I was just full of awe and excitement.

Also the first time I rode the Drop Zone at Kings Dominion had me a bit freaked out during the climb and the pause at the top. I couldn't believe how high it was. My heart rate still definitely picks up a bit during the pause at the top of drop towers or the bottom of space shots, but I wouldn't say they scare me anymore.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
i haven't ridden as many coasters as most of you guys, but for me it was definitely going up the first hill on Farenheight at Hershey Park. I used to hate the feeling of getting your stomach in your throat, now i've gotten over it but I still get nervous with steep drops

xkirstyx

Roller Poster
I remeber being young and going on boneshaker at alton towers and holding on for dear life so glad its not there anymore.

Nic

Strata Poster
Visiting Bal Parc. The whole place is made of impending death and radiates MagicAIDS.

Peter

Hyper Poster
I echo the skyrush comments. Never before have I felt so terrified on the first ride that i'd be thrown off a ride. That coaster tries everything it can to try and throw you out - which it why its so amazing <3.

You get used to it after a few rides though.

Mike

Giga Poster
My first time on Disney World's Tower of Terror when I was 10 years old. My head was buried in my mum's body with tears coming down my face. I was terrified! :?

Looking down Kingda Ka's launch track in the front seat on my only ride on it also resulted in a brown patch in my underwear! :p

When I was a kid, my family owned a caravan in Norfolk, so we were always at Pleasurewood Hills. On the Rattlesnake coaster, you go up the lift hill in the tunnel and it had what looks like bats eyes or something looking at you, and I was always scared of these and never went up the lift with my eyes open!

Jer

Strata Poster
My very first ride on Skyrush scared the **** out of me, back row, that lift, that drop, and the intensity throughout the ride.