What's new

Scare Kingdom 2015 Review

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
So after years of wanting to visit, I finally made the long trip from Dorset to Blackburn. Was it worth it? Oh my god, yes, absolutely! I won't lie, Scare Kingdom is the best scream park I have ever visited! Screamland Margate is right up there with it too.

So this year the theme is the 7 deadly sins, and Eschaton, the sinister figure at the head of the helluminati.

Has anyone else been this year? It's a fantastic event!

Again here's a few small reviews to give you hints as to what the mazes are like. If you want full reviews, visit my shamelessly plugged blog! (There's quite a few scare reviews up there now, and Screamland and Twin Lakes Xtreme Scream should be coming up very soon)

https://controllersandcreds.wordpress.c ... om-review/

The Sanctum

A really cool start to the event. It's an incredibly tense, atmospheric attraction. As an introduction to the event it's perfect in evoking fear and tension. As things start to build up inside the room, the atmosphere just grows. It's such a creepy scene, I loved it! Great use of puppets.

The Hole

The hole is the first full length attraction, set inside an abandoned prison. I loved the whole urban explorers plot, and was really impressed by how it was followed up upon when inside. This was a beautiful attraction, the theming was great and the scares were so thick and fast, you barely had time to recover! It was a nice surprise to see an outside section, and the finale was disorientating and very intense.

Manormortis Monastery

Wow. Just wow. Manormortis is just... I don't even have words to describe how incredible it is. The theming is stunning, the plot is immersive and theatrical, the scares are strong and creative. What more could you ask for from a scare attraction. I genuinely think this is scare attraction heaven. It's beautiful, theatrical, long and scary. If you haven't been through it before, you need to head down to Scare Kingdom.

Arcanum

I loved Arcanum from the moment we met Captain Vernot outside his monstrous collection. He's an eccentric steampunk collector and the guy playing him is ridiculously talented. His mannerisms an movements were perfect, and I adored his costume! Whilst it may be one of the shorter attractions at Scare Kingdom, it's still amazing! There's a lot of variety inside, and there are plenty of scares to be had! I particularly loved the clockwork automaton and the Egyptian scene. Lets just say halfway through, they change things up a bit. The finale scene is just brilliant and follows up on the plot.

Hell

Oh my god, Hell. It's one of the best scare attractions I have ever been through. The theming wasn't fire and brimstone, rather a stylish cultist interpretation of hell. It's visual design was striking, and boy was it choc full of scares. Unique ones too, you were never too sure where the next actor would come from! And the ending. Everything ramped up once you had witnessed the birth of the antichrist. The scares from thereon out were just incredible, disgusting and perfect. The finale corridor was genuinely shocking, I loved the costume for the devil and there are some serious surprises in store for anyone who visits.

Panic Chambers

Panic Chambers was a really cool concept, it was very much a scare maze with room escape elements. It did well to keep us on our toes, constantly throwing new things at us. Unlike other room escape attractions, it was very fast paced and kept us entertained and on edge at all times. The final room was a really cool scene.

Psychomanteum: Full Confession

:shock:

Ha seriously, Psychomanteum is incredible. I feel so wrong for saying this, but it really is fantastic. It uses sexual themes in what I would consider a tasteful way. Everything is done with your consent and you feel totally safe when inside. Your limits will be pushed, but it's not too extreme. It's a fantastic experience that I really would urge as many people to try as possible. It's shocking and brilliant!

So yeah, in conclusion, visit Scare Kingdom, it's literally the best (alongside Screamland)!