What's new

saw- ultra quick q.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'll bet Leighton knows, but it's either going to be something like:

New restraint system that has a built in fail safe, or extra backup so it's not required.

or something like

It's up to the individual park what level of backup they require.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Saw does have belts. Swear it does. Unless I imagined it.

marc

CF Legend
Saw does not have belts.

It was to speed up loading I think, not that that matters now as they are not running 8 trains :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe it's clever psychology to make you feel even more scared. I've heard Saw and psychological terror go hand in hand - it's bound to be deliberate! ;)

Dave

CF Legend
The trains have a fail safe system to stop the restraints popping up, remember the manufacturer or the park don't have to have the seatbelts, its not required by law.

Hurri

Mega Poster
The restraint system is identical to Rage, it has two pistons that can only be opened by an electric current.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Lets hope it don't get struck by lightning then :lol:
Surely the queue should go really quickly, the operators don't really need to check the cars, the computers are the thing that tells you the restraint is down further enough on most rides these days, does Saw have that? And if cars consistantly coming in and out of the station then the queues should be tiny.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ian said:
Saw does have belts. Swear it does. Unless I imagined it.

No Ian, what you imagined was putting the invisible non existant seat belt into the imaginary socket :lol:

In fact we both had a chuckle afterwards when you went to "undo" the imaginary seat belt that you had fastened in the station before we left. It was most amusing, especially on my part.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Once hydraulics are closed, they are closed for good until it comes in contact with the conductor back in the station. No seatbelt is needed.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
SAW!!!!!!

Sorry, haven't been on it, but have been feeling left out of so many topics....