What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo

Mega Poster
The sections of track and supporting that were delivered mainly consisted of the dark ride section. Although I did recognise some transfer track, anyway onto photos:

An overview of the site today:

I have to say I expected to be taking photos of dirt today. I was a bit shocked to discover Gerstlauer track pieces in the back of a lorry. Especially since not one of the footers outside the station have been completed yet.

I’m unsure as to what this piece of track is for, the turn into the station? Transfer track?

More station track below, although I doubt the station will be curved:

Gerstlauer creates that raised central platform on the track whenever friction wheels are used. Another track photograph below, along with some catwalk/stair case pieces.

The Gerstlauer stamp of approval, in front of that there are some of the automated gates for the station.

The support below is odd, but could this be the final colour of the outdoor track?

Either they got wise with my photo taking, with secrecy in mind and all or they inadvertently parked a big lorry in front of the station foundation. Blocking the view to the area where the steel work was being stored. However, I did manage to snap some Tri-Rail track through the trees:

Finally, one last photo of an unusual support, could it possibly be for an inversion?

(Click to enlarge any of the Images.)

Inverse

Hyper Poster
i'll have to go take a look within the next couple of days. How long does it take them to start getting the track up from this stage?

Swat

Mega Poster
That all depends how much more is needed before they start. Eurofighters are pretty quick once they get going.

Dave

CF Legend
Bit early to say, but I bet that Gerstlauer box either houses the trains or the bottom section of the vertical lift.

Lofty

CF Legend
I love the dark colouring!

That black and red support looks kinda nice!

It seems alot of track is coming in now, looking forward to seeing more!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
A-Kid said:
Look at the piece just to the right of the concrete hole... what is that!? It looks sharp!

It seems to curve the wrong way at the bottom end of it to be any part of the drop, but i can't imagen where they'll use something that sharp, other than in the tower.

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
Dave said:
Bit early to say, but I bet that Gerstlauer box either houses the trains or the bottom section of the vertical lift.

It is actually Gerstlauer's portable workshop, generally the cars will arrive on the back of a lorry once the track work has been completed.

Mat

Hyper Poster
Fianlly something work talking about! :p

Yeah it's coming along quite well - bring on 2009!

Hurri

Mega Poster
Yep, that box contains tools, paperwork, and a kettle.

The cars aren't due to arrive until January, apparently. I love the curved kicker-wheel track, it looks like it'll go straight onto that from the station and each wheel will act as a block, then it'll drop into the pit (another post-vertical drop perhaps?)...

I think the brown part of the supports might just be how far into the footer they are meant to go.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Yay no more bonerific mud pictures.

We have bonerific track pics instead to come...

Today they were neatly arranging the track and support, mostly station stuff though I reckon due to the blatent electronics, so probs we'll see the inline arrive soon... As well as the lift...

Also, I reckon the drop out of the station could be interesting... ;)

Peter

Hyper Poster
We have vertical construction! :eek:

I arrived at Thorpe this morning to find all of the station and pre-lift supports up, and a lorry unloading a load of track. At about 2pm they put the first track segment up, the drop out of the station, and bloody hell its steep. :p

They then put in the turn around before the drop and left it at that. Another lorry load of track arrived around 4pm, and it looked like they were shutting up for the day once they unloaded that.

Pics to come shorty! (I took about 150 of todays construction. :p)

EDIT: Just 1 pic quickly:

Lain

Giga Poster
Cool!

It would've been nice if they'd constructed that bit without people seeing it, then it would've been an awesome surprise next year.

Oh well.

walker1104

Mega Poster
Lain said:
It would've been nice if they'd constructed that bit without people seeing it, then it would've been an awesome surprise next year.

That would have been pretty fun.

That looks like a cool drop straight out of the station.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This topic is going to explode now.

Well, that out-of-the-station drop is something rather unique, I think, which will make the fanboys go mad. That being said, I think it will be pretty cool, quickly accelerating from almost no speed to high speed very fast, and it will feel like the car goes over an edge.
Do I see a tunnel after that drop? I hope Thorpe will do the themeing well here, they have a lot of opportunities with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.