What's new

Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

Ollie

CF Legend
Stuff like that is going to happen in attractions anyway. If the actors are trained in scare acting properly they will learn how to scare and retreat to minimise/avoid that happening. Yes people can get freaked out and lash out but the park tries to take as much action as they can to stop it. That's why they send groups through in conga lines as their hands are on the shoulders of the person in front and it also speeds up throughput.

Thorpe still say the warning about touching anyway even if the actors in the maze don't as to cover themselves if an actor accidentally does touch a member of the public. Also in the mazes when they do touch you it's always if they brush past you in a narrow corridor or when they're low down and they just gently grab your ankle.

So they say it more for cover but also so the guests know what to expect. You can't stop people jumping and reacting without thinking but you can take necessary actions to reduce the chances of it happening.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Did anybody else see the Thorpe Park tweet today (if it is the official Thorpe Park twitter)?

"What would you do to be one of the first people to experience the new Saw maze?

(Or something similar to that.)

I was so tempted to reply with the CF account and say "Invite a group of enthusiasts down for a special day to see it not working."

I refrained myself. Again, it can wait.

Mark

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Stuff like that is going to happen in attractions anyway. If the actors are trained in scare acting properly they will learn how to scare and retreat to minimise/avoid that happening. Yes people can get freaked out and lash out but the park tries to take as much action as they can to stop it. That's why they send groups through in conga lines as their hands are on the shoulders of the person in front and it also speeds up throughput.

Thorpe still say the warning about touching anyway even if the actors in the maze don't as to cover themselves if an actor accidentally does touch a member of the public. Also in the mazes when they do touch you it's always if they brush past you in a narrow corridor or when they're low down and they just gently grab your ankle.

So they say it more for cover but also so the guests know what to expect. You can't stop people jumping and reacting without thinking but you can take necessary actions to reduce the chances of it happening.

Yes Ollie, that was exactly what I was saying!

What I was mainly getting at is the fact that even if they dont make a point of saying the actors will not touch you behind the scenes they WILL be telling all the actors to avoid all touching. I know how it works because I've been part of it all at MT which is why I was suggesting that it could possibly be very similar, especially considering this is a permanent attraction rather then a part time one. MT however, also tell the public that the actors will not touch them etc.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Did anybody else see the Thorpe Park tweet today (if it is the official Thorpe Park twitter)?

"What would you do to be one of the first people to experience the new Saw maze?

(Or something similar to that.)

I was so tempted to reply with the CF account and say "Invite a group of enthusiasts down for a special day to see it not working."

I refrained myself. Again, it can wait.

I saw that on the book of face, and had similar ideas, including maybe stating that washing my hair or watching paint dry would be a much more enjoyable experience for me ;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Mark said:
behind the scenes they WILL be telling all the actors to avoid all touching.

That's how we did it at Flamingoland. If there's an attraction-wide policy of "no touching" then you're basically covering yourself from any potential crap from guests. They DO still hit/kick out on a daily basis, but they can't come back with "he/she touched me first" as an argument later.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
New teaser pics from Facebook...

22047_327629550866_27217550866_5135489_4079404_n.jpg

22047_327629565866_27217550866_5135490_6178828_n.jpg

22047_327629575866_27217550866_5135491_1039864_n.jpg

22047_327629580866_27217550866_5135492_4876965_n.jpg

marc

CF Legend
I do hope the front of the boat looks better than that. Why have they gone for what looks like wood panels? what warehouse is made of wood? It just looks like a pick and mix from B&Q strange. Just to many materials have been used :(. No doubt someone will find pictures of a warehouse with wood panels lol.

The stuff inside looks quite good though.

Does anyone know if it will use both levels?

When it rains its going to be quite loud on that top floor as the roof is flat, that should add quite a bit of atmosphere.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Nice pictures. I'm especially impressed with the second photo, it looks like it'll probably be part of a trap from one of the films.

Hopefully Thorpe will improve the exterior. It looks poop at the moment :lol:

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Enigma Shadow said:
Nice pictures. I'm especially impressed with the second photo, it looks like it'll probably be part of a trap from one of the films:

Yeah, the Mausoleum trap by the looks of things (SAW 4)

I'm loving the look, and think that what we can see of the bathroom does look kinda cool. Yes it may not be uber-realistic, but I'm happy with it and from a non-SAW fanboy point of view it will look really good.
Oh and Marc, the front of the boat is the same paneling from what I could see when I went to Thorpe. Rather lame I admit, but it still looks cool.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
SAW_gameover said:
and from a non-SAW fanboy point of view it will look really good.

Are you speaking for all the non-fanboys there?

On the actual images, the saws look too shiny for this theme and need to be covered in various thing (dust, mud, blood, etc), and the boat looks decent with the wooden section, but the rest? Oh god...

Although, the panelling you can tell is not straight, which from a building point of view surely would look dodgy, unless it's the angle of the pic...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Enigma Shadow said:
Nice pictures. I'm especially impressed with the second photo

Huh? It just some kind of motor of some sort that they've got their dirty hands on. Its nothing impressive to me.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
Oh, I was just thinking where in Thorpe is Saw Alive going to be? Because I had a feeling it was where Miss Hippos Fungle Safari is, Im not sure please help!

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
Enigma Shadow said:
Nice pictures. I'm especially impressed with the second photo

Huh? It just some kind of motor of some sort that they've got their dirty hands on. Its nothing impressive to me.

No its not just a random motor. Its the masouleum-Blind/mute trap from the start of SAW 4.

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks nice although some of it looks too clean for a run down building. And I don't know why people complain about the materials used for the warehouses. That's what they use to make them in the films.
The second picture also excites me. I like that trap. :)

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
I don't know why but these new pictures have realy dissapointed me. I was hoping they would make something new, similar to what saw the game did. I am still excited for this but I doubt it will live up to my expectations.