What's new

S&S Axis Coaster for Saudi Arabia FEC's

richardcrete

Mega Poster
S&S apparently confirmed that an Axis is scheduled (and already sold) for 2023 in Europe.

Saw it here too:

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
I have a weird feeling that it is going to Walibi Holland on the old site of the Go-Karts, because if you think about:

Walibi Holland.jpg

You could fit another SLC on that site and judging by the S&S Animation, the axis is approximately the same footprint of it so, it's possible.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I have a weird feeling that it is going to Walibi Holland on the old site of the Go-Karts, because if you think about:

View attachment 13501

You could fit another SLC on that site and judging by the S&S Animation, the axis is approximately the same footprint of it so, it's possible.
Walibi Holland is a good shout tbh, and is actually the second park I thought of after Thorpe (they both seem quite similar parks to me). But what I think WH really needs is a decent family coaster; perhaps a Gerstlauer bobsled akin to Tiki-Waka?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
What if.... get this yeah... what if Chessington's weird B&M winged shuttle coaster isn't a weird B&M winged shuttle coaster at all but, well... this? That would certainly mix things up a bit, wouldn't it, eh? I mean, it hasn't been confirmed that the Chessie coaster is a B&M, has it? Unless I've missed something?
We've only decided it was a B&M because of the appearance of the track in the concept art, right? Well, in the vague world of concept art, wouldn't B&M track and Axis track look fairly similar?
And that dull-as-dishwater layout that Chessie are proposing suddenly looks a lot more interesting if it was an Axis coaster rather than a lame wing coaster, doesn't it?
I know, this is a long shot, a really long shot... but if it happens then I want it on record that I called it! 😁

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
What if.... get this yeah... what if Chessington's weird B&M winged shuttle coaster isn't a weird B&M winged shuttle coaster at all but, well... this? That would certainly mix things up a bit, wouldn't it, eh? I mean, it hasn't been confirmed that the Chessie coaster is a B&M, has it? Unless I've missed something?
We've only decided it was a B&M because of the appearance of the track in the concept art, right? Well, in the vague world of concept art, wouldn't B&M track and Axis track look fairly similar?
And that dull-as-dishwater layout that Chessie are proposing suddenly looks a lot more interesting if it was an Axis coaster rather than a lame wing coaster, doesn't it?
I know, this is a long shot, a really long shot... but if it happens then I want it on record that I called it! 😁
Nah... The ride looks too much like a B&M and also, the axis will have inverted loading and doesn't need two sets of airgates in the station.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’m also unsure what ride in Italy they’d be able to reference if it were to be an S&S Axis; based on the details given, it sounded like the Italian ride referenced in the Project Amazon consultation was Raptor at Gardaland.

It’s certainly not impossible, though; even though I’d say it’s likely going to be a B&M from what we’ve seen, I guess an S&S Axis can’t yet be ruled out!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I mean, Chessington isn't the most out-there shout, given that we're currently expecting them to be getting a B&M wingrider. But I agree that most of the evidence points to it being a wingrider so file it in the 'Unlikely' category. That being said, if this does end up at Chessington, fair play to @Howie for going on the record with the guess, and I'll buy you a drink

Walibi Holland is a pretty good shout though. The go kart area is currently being used for an outdoor scare attraction, but that's an easy enough thing to remove. There were rumours before Untamed too that the park were looking at an S&S 4D coaster, so there's at least some loose traction there too.

Liseberg doesn't seem out of the question I guess. Merlin love a first and Heide Park are technically due a major investment soon, so maybe there?
There's not really any 'big' parks in Europe that have S&S coasters, or even obvious S&S links, so not really much to go on.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
That being said, if this does end up at Chessington, fair play to @Howie for going on the record with the guess, and I'll buy you a drink

I'm so gonna hold you to that, fella!
Anyone else want in on this? 😁

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Hate to excavate this thread but it seems like we’ve got our first culprit(s).

Transformers themed venues at Saudi Arabia’s SEVEN entertainment district initiative will include Axis coasters, as per concept artwork. Word from IAAPA had it that they’d sold two “overseas” in November. Likely more to come at this month’s Saudi SEAS Expo.
23A8066B-F979-4737-9A72-30915B3A48B4.jpeg
AC5DF22B-B7FC-423A-B6A8-E72533E9404A.jpeg
81196075-1BB8-4334-9233-594D8308DDFF.jpeg
Source

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Transformers themed venues at Saudi Arabia’s SEVEN entertainment district initiative will include Axis coasters, as per concept artwork. Word from IAAPA had it that they’d sold two “overseas” in November. Likely more to come at this month’s Saudi SEAS Expo.
Hmmm okay, but what happend with the coaster that would go to Europe?

Bentleya

Mega Poster
Probably just rumour which has never been proven to be correct nor incorrect.

I’ve not been following this in detail, but I’ve never seen a proven reliable source confirming there was actually one commissioned for a park in Europe.