What's new

Rumourcoasters and general mischief...

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Have you ever been absolutely taken in by a rumour, being plausible enough to be true, but exciting enough to want to believe? Example being of Knightmare being bought by Lightwater Valley, as rum by the Valley Mania site, whereby even months later, visitor to the forum were still being taken in.

Or have you started a rumour...? If so fess up! Now is your chance to cleanse your soul.

Alternatively, have you ever seen a rumour that you've just accepted as inevitable or true, and have been more surprised to find that the rumour was false? I await all those that just assumed that saw would be a decent ride...

Jools

Giga Poster
I was really taken in by the Whrilwind to Pleasurewood rumour, I was really hoping!! I think if you really want it to happen, you tell yourself it will, such as asking a girl out, and you are really sure in your brain they will say yes, then you get rejected and it kicks you in the balls! Happened to my friend yesterday.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
A woodie for Alton. When the rumour was really kind of taking off I thought it was something Alton would definately see through.

I think the only stupid rumour I ever believed was the retarded and infamous Aqua Trax.. And also the one that Disaster Transport was going to get removed to make way for a GCI or something along those lines.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
The Even Bigger One at Blackpool. We had pictures of footers and everything! Whenever I think back to that one I think it was bloody absurd.

Plus those tower things in relation to Stealth, can't remember that in avid detail. The Detonator tower number 2 also! But wasn't that supposed to go ahead? I'm not counting Alton's woodie because that was true, just the council are stupid.

I remember Alton's rumour of having a Booster Bike with broomsticks. We still talk about how that would've been better than Rita. But I kinda like Rita.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
bezzzzzer said:
Plus those tower things in relation to Stealth, can't remember that in avid detail.

The spikers or something?

Zingers! :lol:

From 2006 CF editing competition:
zingers.jpg

The Alton wood was a trumour - a true rumour. The booster bikes... Was made up by somebody very clever :)

Bigger one? Plans 100% existed, but never left the drawing board (to my knowledge).

Ben

CF Legend
I thought the Booster Bike had plans? Or were they fakes? Like, they were an option, but Alton realised how dumb it was?

And Stingers were LOLOLOL

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
slappy mcguire said:
Example being of Knightmare being bought by Lightwater Valley, as rum by the Valley Mania site, whereby even months later, visitor to the forum were still being taken in.

Or have you started a rumour...? If so fess up! Now is your chance to cleanse your soul.

I confess. :lol:

Pierre

Strata Poster
Best rumour starter ever was Sean & Buster.

Heading down to the local woods in hi-vis jackets, a couple of tins of spray paint and some spades... and claimed it was the beginning of a construction of Altons new woodie in the woods... years ago that though haha!

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
I remember when lee and evilcod on Talk Flamingo sent photos of some fencing at Flamingo Land to sean back home, who then went and posted it all over the net as the new woodie! :lol:

Tjex1

Roller Poster
I heard a rumor that Alton was getting a suspended, I'm not sure if it is true or not

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I think the only stupid rumour I ever believed was the retarded and infamous Aqua Trax.. And also the one that Disaster Transport was going to get removed to make way for a GCI or something along those lines.

Except that one turned out to be true, too. The original design was for aquatrax cars, but was upgraded to trains for increased capacity. The track never changed, except removing the in-line twist. (And as fast as they replaced that, they seem to have known it could be problematic and had a backup plan in place.

Since TPR said it was true, it must be.
:wink:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The Alton woodie and Motorbike were both true, wern't they? TT have plans.

^^
Don't know who told you that, Suspended coasters have been dead for 20 years nearly, and the company who made them equally dead. Plus they have Nemesis, the most highly rated of the ride type built to replace them.

Best onw I think was Towers Times' fake insider for SW6. It was done so convincingly but was completely made up.